What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Season Predictions

I completely understand that Harvard is a borderline 25 team, and the new rule change will help them a decent amount because they got to the free throw line a lot last year, but since this game is at home I think we win. Neutral site I think it's a coin flip and if we were at their place I think we lose. The adding 10.5 points for the home team due to altitude is huge and one of the reasons I think we will either sweep the home slate or drop one to Kansas. I just don't see us beating Kansas but losing to Harvard at home.

You're trying to force predictable results on a game that is more unpredictable than any other. There lies the fault. We'll be up for Kansas. Maybe the biggest game we've ever had in the Keg if we don't crap ourselves early. It's the games we aren't "up" for that present the issues. They'll say all the right things about respecting Harvard, Georgia, Elon, Arkanasas State, Wyoming....but are they really going to be as amped up and ready to go for those as Kansas? Of course not. A couple teams are going to catch us snoozing, it's up to us whether we wake up and avoid a loss.

We're going to lose a game we shouldn't in OOC play, and probably two or more in conference play. It kind of balances out with Boyle's teams, though, in that we usually win one or more games we shouldn't. Tad always has his guys ready for the big time opponents. I've got us at 23-8.

tini also had us undefeated at home

Damn straight, so does Nik

tumblr_me5no3oCJO1rm1l92o1_400.jpg

Can we please put this losing to Air Force nonsense behind us. Watching them right now and they are laughably bad.

Fwiw...

KenPom gives us a 77% chance to beat AF and a 54% chance to beat CSU, or a 41.6% chance to beat both as of October 31st. I expect the AF odds to go up though, CSU may move up a couple percent. I'm just not sure where CSU's scoring is going to come from...

Fwiw...

KenPom gives us a 77% chance to beat AF and a 54% chance to beat CSU, or a 41.6% chance to beat both as of October 31st. I expect the AF odds to go up though, CSU may move up a couple percent. I'm just not sure where CSU's scoring is going to come from...

your mom?

I'm expecting a great year, but I think we may hit a couple of bumps early due to inexperience.

Non-Conference Record: 10-3
Conference Record: 13-5
Pac12 Tourney Record: 2-1

Overall Regular Season and Pac12 Tourney Record: 25-9 :wow:

We may net a #7 seed in the dance with 25 wins. If we win the Pac 12 Tourney, it should be at least a #5 seed.

I hate to do predictions and I rarely participate.

But I'm going to stick my neck out because I truly believe that this year is going to be a revelation.

Non-Conference:

Of the 13 games, I just don't see the Buffs losing to anyone from among UTM, Jackson State, Arkansas State, UCSB, AFA, Elon or Georgia. Buffs outclass all of those teams too much. 7-0.

Then we've got a handful of games that are tough ones based on rivalry or opposing talent: Wyoming, @CSU, Harvard. I believe we're too tough at home to lose either of those 2 games and too much more talented than CSU this year to lay an egg in FoCo like we did in 2011. 3-0

Last, we've got our heavyweight fights. Neutrals against Baylor and Oklahoma State plus Kansas at home. Friday night is the swing game. Are the Buffs ready for a title bout on the first night? Is Baylor? No way I'm picking against the Buffs, though. 2-1.

So, I've got us going 12-1 against a very highly rated non-conference schedule. This leads us into Pac-12 play.

Pac-12 Games:

18 games with 9 home and 9 away. We get Oregon / Oregon State as "home only" and Cal / Stanford as "away only".

In our 3 years in the Pac-12, our home / road records have been as follows:

2011-12: 8-1 at home / 3-6 on road
2012-13: 6-3 at home / 4-5 on road

This is the year that the Buffs protect home court while also breaking through with a winning record on the road. 9-0 / 5-4 to go 14-4 in Pac-12 play, which will be good enough to win the regular season conference title.

Prediction: 26-5 heading into post-season play on our way to the first 30-win season in program history.

Bumping this since I took some heat when I posted it for being a sunshine pumper and then have been reading a lot of negativity about the players and team despite it out-performing what everyone else predicted.

I don't know whether some folks are bitchy because they don't like to be wrong and they feel a need to pick nits -- so they find ways to justify a continuing belief that the Buffs aren't as good as their record.

The Rivals board has been particularly awful. Probably because there are a lot of "experts" there who didn't pay any attention to basketball before the Buffs started winning. I love the bandwagon, but I don't have a lot of patience for the number of posts saying that Spencer is overrated, Booker needs to be benched, XJ isn't very good and even that Scott has shown nothing since he's been here. Also people questioning Tad's recruiting and that no one he's brought in can shoot, completely failing to understand that 5 of the 9 guys in the rotation are freshmen (w/ 2 sophs and 2 jrs) and that younger players and the bench struggle in college basketball - particularly on the road and with inconsistency.

You were right... barely. :lol: glad the team sacked up in a big way. In past years we lose the wyo, csu, and Kansas games. In other words: tad is a great coach and this team is getting better.

Also.... **** you for posting this before the elon and Georgia games

Last edited:
Non-conf: 8-5
Conference (regular season): 10-8
Overall Record: 20-15
Season: Finish 4th in Pac-12 regular season. Win 2 games in Pac-12 tourney and make NCAAT as 7 seed. Exit in first round.

Most surprising player: Dustin Thomas. He scores ~9pts/game off the bench and starts half-way thru the conf schedule. Also Xavier Talton
Most Disappointing player: XJ
Bold prediction: We beat either Okie State or Kansas but lose to a no-name in non-conf. Dinwiddie has a good but not great season but still goes pro.

Other: The non-conference schedule leads to many questioning Boyle. XJ and Scott do not warrant NBA looks after this season

Bump. Obviously Dinwiddie's injury throws a wrench in this whole thread. But yes I can foresee injuries. Off by 3 non-conf wins and one tourney seed.

Lots of high expectations before the season

OOC: 10-3
Pac-12: 12-6

22-9. That's my optimistic prediction. More likely to be on the 20-21 side of that than 23-24 (regular season), IMO. I think the Pac-12 is going to be stronger than expected and catch people off-guard. It's the mid-tier of the Pac-12 that is going to prove better than many believe. Very few automatic road W's left in the Pac-12 and that makes gaudy conference records harder to obtain. Especially with a young team, I'm not convinced that our road troubles are going to be put behind us.

Not so bad...Nailed the depth of the Pac, especially.

So this begs the question. Who was our best true freshman?

I think you've got to go with J-Hop, right? Fletch was passing him, but got hurt. Dustin flashed, but never got comfortable. J-Hop surprised us with some timely shooting and also developed into our best man defender among the guards by the last third of the season.

Hopkins. He was inconsistent but actually had an impact in some key wins (CSU).

Bump. Obviously Dinwiddie's injury throws a wrench in this whole thread. But yes I can foresee injuries. Off by 3 non-conf wins and one tourney seed.

Lots of high expectations before the season
I'm not so big on discounting injuries typically, after all, every team has them. But when your best player in cbb gets lost for the season, particularly on a team like this, it will drastically change things and ask a lot of open ended questions that can't exactly be answered.

I'm not so big on discounting injuries typically, after all, every team has them. But when your best player in cbb gets lost for the season, particularly on a team like this, it will drastically change things and ask a lot of open ended questions that can't exactly be answered.

Reading your posts is like eating rice cakes.

Back