What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

I agree but I guess I’m jaded by the last handful of CU staffs seemingly doing everything they can to play the older veteran exclusively. Is there a scenario where Lewis might actually be the better player but have more freshman moments, and the staff decides Noyer is the safe option?
If Lewis was dominating this spring I would be worried about this too but the fact that he has been battling it out with Strout is a little concerning to me. I know it was virtual but Lewis has been on campus for more than a year so things should start clicking, and maybe they do in the fall, but the coaches like what they have in a healthy Noyer, now they just have to see if he is healthy come summer and can stay healthy during the season.

I agree but I guess I’m jaded by the last handful of CU staffs seemingly doing everything they can to play the older veteran exclusively. Is there a scenario where Lewis might actually be the better player but have more freshman moments, and the staff decides Noyer is the safe option?
Agree that there has been a persistent feeling amongst many fans that the best QB does not always win the job. But if that is the case then we have bigger problems to worry about than maybe losing a QB to transfer, so I’m not sweating potential transfers.

I see Noyer in 2021 as a Sefo kind of floor/ceiling. Serviceable QB that can make some plays on his own and is a good leader, but is going to require a good supporting cast over the course of the season. He may be good enough to get CU to 6 wins in 2021.

My concern is that CU coaches have tended to be very short sighted with how they manage personnel and specifically the QB position.
With our schedule next year, there is no way Noyer gets us to 6 wins. Shoulder surgery, out for Spring, rusty in August, and every team now having a book on him leads to us to 1-4 start. His trajectory was in steep decline well before he dinged his shoulder. Noyer starts next year and this program is put back 2 years at least.

There will be a competition for like 2 weeks into fall camp. But the coaches already have a starter in mind and are already working to get him ready to start in the fall. The competition is to make sure he doesn't relax and continues to work to earn his place.
Source?

If sarcastic disregard my response. There are posters here that really feel like that though. It's extremely annoying and delusional. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
Yes sarcasm, in a manner of - we could have a worse 3rd QB as a backup…after a comment saying he should walk, followed by a comment of “who needs 3 QBs?”

Found this quote from KD:

“It’s going to be a tremendous competition once Sam gets back in the summer,” Dorrell said. “Sam’s going to have to try to hold off two pretty good players that are going to be on his heels. It’s a good situation to have.”

So, yeah. It’s a three way competition. Whether we like it or not.

Found this quote from KD:

“It’s going to be a tremendous competition once Sam gets back in the summer,” Dorrell said. “Sam’s going to have to try to hold off two pretty good players that are going to be on his heels. It’s a good situation to have.”

So, yeah. It’s a three way competition. Whether we like it or not.

That will narrow by fall practices. Guaranteed.

I seem to remember noyer was really good at hitting the tight ends. When Russell went down our passing game became pretty one dimensional and we struggled after that
Speaking of Russell, I just had a flight school class check in today. I always ask where they’re from and where they went to school, then tell them I went to CU. One of the students asked if I pay any attention to the football team. I told him I am an absolute fanatic to the point of antisocial behavior and irrational decision making when it comes to this team. Then he asked if I knew Brady Russell to which I went on a diatribe about the post quoted above 👆 and Noyer’s lack of efficiency, the weight Brussard had to shoulder…yada yada. Then I was like “Why? You didn’t go to CU. Why would you care?”
He said “Brady Russell is my brother.” The check-in went awry from there, the other 5 students in the room were like, “crap, this is what we’re going to talk about for the next 30 minutes??”

Very self-driving Tesla-ish. Yes??🤷‍♂️
When I transitioned from the Phrog to the Knighthawk, I liked to fly missions SAS off, because I couldn't stand how stable the 60 was. At some point I gave in and after time realized I had become better SAS on and knew that my skillset had died a little. I'd guess it was similar for the Phrog guys that transitioned to the Osprey.

When I transitioned from the Phrog to the Knighthawk, I liked to fly missions SAS off, because I couldn't stand how stable the 60 was. At some point I gave in and after time realized I had become better SAS on and knew that my skillset had died a little. I'd guess it was similar for the Phrog guys that transitioned to the Osprey.
Ospreys be like
D6D311DE-6E30-4291-A464-439C359B6BB5.jpeg

Back