What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official time for Jon Embree to RESIGN Thread

Embree will get the rest of the season, but if he truly loves CU, then he should waive his buyout and have Bohn put it towards facilities

Im not so sure Embree is going anywhere soon. Imo he's going to get another season.

Not saying I agree, i just don't see the current admin making any moves anytime soon.

If anyone but Allbuff homies made a post asking for Embree to be fired or for his resignation (9 pages worth), they would get the hell neg rep'ed out of him.

Maybe Embree should resign or make massive staff changes after the season is over if he is even considering keeping his job. It often takes 3-4 seasons to turn a program into a winner.

Im not so sure Embree is going anywhere soon. Imo he's going to get another season.

Not saying I agree, i just don't see the current admin making any moves anytime soon.

Haven't seen anything that make me think anything else is even going to be considered.

If anyone but Allbuff homies made a post asking for Embree to be fired or for his resignation (9 pages worth), they would get the hell neg rep'ed out of him.

Maybe Embree should resign or make massive staff changes after the season is over if he is even considering keeping his job. It often takes 3-4 seasons to turn a program into a winner.

You get neg repped constantly because you're a worthless piece of **** troll who adds nothing to this board. Other opposing fans are tolerated, because they aren't douchebags like you. **** off.

Embree is the man! However, if a $3 million a year guy called, Bohn should listen. Just sayin'.

Should be interesting to see how Embree handles the next 7 games. One hell of a leadership challenge.

You also haven't seen 7 more blowout losses to end the season. A lot can change in 2 months.

Anything less than 7 more blowout losses and the current administration wouldn't even consider a change, maybe not even with 7 blowouts. This is the same Benson and Phil who kept Hawkins two years longer than anyone with sense would have.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if we at least beat Utah, as bad as we are, they have huge problems as well. The question with that game is which team will have anyone left after playing punching bag all season for the rest of their schedule.

Thank God Embree is pals with Chip Kelly. Because they could put up 100 on us easily, and that is only the first half. I had some minor optimism before yesterday when I fooled myself into believing the Wazzu win meant something. Which it didn't. Never again will we get two easy touchdowns like the Kasa 70 yarder or the Tony Jones 80 yarder, those were the difference in the game and Wazzu is god awful, that will not happen again, take that to the bank. We are horrible.

The thing that really sucks about the whole situation is i really like Embree. I know he bleeds black and gold like we do. It sucks to see his name getting dragged through the mud.

That said, I still hope he steps down. But i know thats not the kind of person he is. They're going to have to fire him.

Embree may be a good coach some day. He is intelligent, dedicated, and works well with people. He's also a motivator and well organized.

With all that this isn't the time and place where he is going to be successful.

Thanks to prior errors this job would have been very difficult for an experienced winner. For a guy with no prior head coaching experience and who had been out of the college game for a number of years it was a set-up for failure. Add to that hiring a staff that lacked high level head coaching experience or even coordinator experience and this job was way more than he was ready for.

You guys care about your football program. We're gutless pieces of **** who enjoy losing. That's actually encouraged in Boulder.

Our next game is against UCLA. We haven't lost to them in Berkeley in 12 years. This year will be different of course...

I never thought I'd see the day that our donors would step up and do something but when you build a super expense stadium and then start sucking more than you have any right to with the talent we recruited over the years...it's on the coaching staff. We'll see if our admin has any back bone. Right now, our situation is very similar to CU. Hopefully, the rumors are true though:

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63855

I'm not sure I saw anyone enjoying losing this past weekend in Boulder but I will say that you guys prepare for the pain of the games in much better fashion than we do right now. However, we are looking to CU for coping mechanisms and for that I thank all of you. I will take what I learned and try to implement it for our game day experiences in the future. :lol:

Our next game is against UCLA. We haven't lost to them in Berkeley in 12 years. This year will be different of course...

I never thought I'd see the day that our donors would step up and do something but when you build a super expense stadium and then start sucking more than you have any right to with the talent we recruited over the years...it's on the coaching staff. We'll see if our admin has any back bone. Right now, our situation is very similar to CU. Hopefully, the rumors are true though:

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63855

I'm not sure I saw anyone enjoying losing this past weekend in Boulder but I will say that you guys prepare for the pain of the games in much better fashion than we do right now. However, we are looking to CU for coping mechanisms and for that I thank all of you. I will take what I learned and try to implement it for our game day experiences in the future. :lol:

No one enjoys losing. Except the one place it matters: the box where DiStefano sits. He's up there with a big ****-eating grin on his face.

Firing is the right way to do it, folks. ONLY firing is a win-win situation. He goes to his next job with a moral outrage of being fired too early, and Bohn gets to tell every prospective candidate that "I'm willing to fire favorite-son coaches quickly, so you can bet I'm going to fire anyone else who's a do-nothing, too." Win-win.

Resigning would mean Embree goes to the next job with a quitter label. "Yes, but I realized I couldn't do the job." So what makes you think you can do OUR job, Coach Embree? "Uh... hmmm... well, I know I can, just like I knew I couldn't do CU's."

How does that sound? Lose. BIG lose.

And for Bohn? "Dear coaching prospects, yes, I let the favorite son quit but, this time, it's completely different! You won't get paid for doing nothing. I promise!" Yeah. Right. Sign on the dotted line and my attorneys will call yours. Lose.

Firing is Win-Win. Resigning is Lose-Lose. Simple.

Firing is the right way to do it, folks. ONLY firing is a win-win situation. He goes to his next job with a moral outrage of being fired too early, and Bohn gets to tell every prospective candidate that "I'm willing to fire favorite-son coaches quickly, so you can bet I'm going to fire anyone else who's a do-nothing, too." Win-win.

Resigning would mean Embree goes to the next job with a quitter label. "Yes, but I realized I couldn't do the job." So what makes you think you can do OUR job, Coach Embree? "Uh... hmmm... well, I know I can, just like I knew I couldn't do CU's."

How does that sound? Lose. BIG lose.

And for Bohn? "Dear coaching prospects, yes, I let the favorite son quit but, this time, it's completely different! You won't get paid for doing nothing. I promise!" Yeah. Right. Sign on the dotted line and my attorneys will call yours. Lose.

Firing is Win-Win. Resigning is Lose-Lose. Simple.

Your first two paragraphs both require balls. Who do YOU think has them?

Z,

Not balls. Brains. It requires brains to think this situation out to Two Steps, instead of just that first one.

Brains. That's what it takes. Just a few brains to think ahead ONE extra step.

Gulp.

But jeez... your question remains valid. Not matter how you spell this "B" word, your question remains... "Who do you think has - ?"

Curse you, Z!

:wow:

Back