What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official vs U$C Score Prediction Thread

I think they will be far more competitive in this one because it’s USC, at home, National TV, probably blackout Game. SC has Oregon the following week, so I’m hopeful for this being a bit of a trap game.

Definitely think it’s going to be tough against their receivers, though. I’ll never predict a loss, so 38-35 Buffs
That is what I'm worried about. The only way we could get pressure on Wazzu was bringing some blitz looks. We are going to leave some guys exposed playing that way, their receivers will go off, most likely. However, I prefer an aggressive defense, I'd say light them up. **** it, if we lose, I'd rather it be that way as opposed to rushing 3 and dropping 8, or rushing 4 dropping 7. We don't have the personnel to do that anyway. Mix it up, man it, zone it, whatever we have to do to make them work for it, at least.

SC 52
CU 9

We trade FGs for TDs for a while in the first half, then totally roll over.

37-17 SC, garbage time TD to make it look a little bit more respectable.

I'm still an optimist. CU runs the ball and somehow finally finds the end zone early. A dark shadow lifts from the CU sideline and tons of guys just start flying around. Viska has his best game of the season with NFL scouts in attendance, appearing a couple of times in ESPN's top 10 highlights. KD Nixon makes a great special teams play. A bunch of unknown guys step up on defense and CU somehow wins the turnover battle intercepting a ton of tipped balls. Somehow, a final breakthrough:

CU 27
SC 17

Part of my thinking is something bad needs to happen for Clay Helton to be fired. Also, CU has to beat SC at some point, why not 2019? I was at their closest game in the GB era (Marcus Houston ran wild, until Carson Palmer somehow found a cape). Lastly, it is such a good and close game that CU fans on the Southside somehow stand for the entire game from the 20 yard line - to the opposing 20 yard line. Fans rush the field and Rick George gladly forks over the pre-printed and signed $50K check as the final seconds run out.

I’m sticking with the two preseason predictions I made this year.

CU beats USC Friday night and CU goes to a bowl game this season.
giphy.gif

I really want you to be right, @Big Jim. I've sort of given up on that possibility. If they somehow win on Friday, I will of course get sucked right back in.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
At kickoff, I will believe we have 0% chance of winning.

It will go down from there.
USC: 52
CU: Maybe 6

puff. snort. chug.

wait for it.

wait for it.

ah, there it is.

i am now prepared to envision a CU upset at folsom: CU 17 usc 9

At kickoff, I will believe we have 0% chance of winning.

It will go down from there.
USC: 52
CU: Maybe 6
Same kickoff belief as you. We have season tickets, and I'm looking for ANY excuse not to go. The last two games have been Embree like football, which means you stay for the start of the second half just to watch Ralphie run, then you go home.

Montez does what he does and comes out looking like an all american now that everyone has completely given up on him. CU gets some breaks going their way, plays a clean, error free game, gets a few takeaways, and Folsom is rocking. 31-28 Buffs. USC monkey off their back.

Montez does what he does and comes out looking like an all american now that everyone has completely given up on him. CU gets some breaks going their way, plays a clean, error free game, gets a few takeaways, and Folsom is rocking. 31-28 Buffs. USC monkey off their back.

I like it

As an unapologetic homer, after the last couple weeks... I won't change. Buffs win, **** the haters.

I feel like HCMT had a good talk with Montez. Montez goes full cowboy and plays his most personal risk-taking and rewarding game. The run game is solidified. Defense gives up some soul-crushing plays early, but battens **** down, especially second half play - as much as a young and thin defense can batten **** down.

it comes down to who wants it more, and the Buffs want to make sure they don’t have a goose egg in the win column for October.

Folsom explodes and fans rush the field. Recruiting takes an uptick and we get some guys locked in for the B&G! FHCMM decides to decline all future payments...and Buffs win out the rest of the season!

CU - 35
USC - 31

Yes to a team who is courting Urban behind their coach's back and who once fired Lane K on a tarmac.

Buffs 33
Trojans 30

I must stay optimistic, and maybe a really pissed off Montez just throws the ball all over the park!
Weather looks pretty good, so Montez does not have to throw a wet noodle ball.

So for us to be successful Montez has to "Get Pissed".....from playing badly for a month.

Will be an interesting master plan for him to explain at the combine.

I like it.

Buffs 33
Trojans 30

I must stay optimistic, and maybe a really pissed off Montez just throws the ball all over the park!
Weather looks pretty good, so Montez does not have to throw a wet noodle ball.
That's usually what he does

I'd rather have him throw it to our receivers

That's usually what he does

I'd rather have him throw it to our receivers

Amen! I cannot stand with all my heart and soul when he throws it away into the stands!!!
I declare that we must institute the MONTEZ "THROW THE BALL AWAY" DRINKING GAME
Every time he backs out of the pocket or spins away and throws the ball away, we all must DRINK :ROFLMAO:

Back