What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official WNIT Thread (Selection on Monday, 3/13)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.womensnit.com/news/details-for-postseason-wnit-selection-night

Once the NCAA Tournament committee announces its field (approximately 8 pm ET Monday), the WNIT field of 64 teams will be announced via its website (www.womensnit.com) within an hour, by 9 pm ET. Then, the committee will follow that with the full bracket announcement coming between 11:30 pm and Midnight ET.

On Tuesday, March 14, all the game times for first-round matchups will be announced. First-round games will be held March 15-17; the second round runs March 18-21. Round 3 is slated for March 22-24; Round 4 is March 25-27, and the WNIT semifinals are set for March 29-30.

The WNIT Championship Game will be played at 3 p.m. ET on April 1 and be televised by CBS Sports Network. Thad Anderson (PXP) and Ceal Barry (Analyst) will call the game.

Stay updated on the latest tournament news by following the WNIT Twitter feed: @WomensNIT.

Fingers crossed that the Buffs get into the tournament. Would be such a big deal for this young team with so much returning next season to get a taste of the post-season this year.

Fingers crossed that the Buffs get into the tournament. Would be such a big deal for this young team with so much returning next season to get a taste of the post-season this year.
Agree. It's basically getting a start on next season, minus the newcomers. Hopefully the team has been allowed to conduct practice since the loss to WSU in the conference tourney.

My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that this team makes the WNIT. This team can definitely use the experience and deserve to play. I also know lots of other teams are deserving. CSU will be in the WNIT as they got upset in their conference tournament. Would probably be first game and in Fort Collins.

My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that this team makes the WNIT. This team can definitely use the experience and deserve to play. I also know lots of other teams are deserving. CSU will be in the WNIT as they got upset in their conference tournament. Would probably be first game and in Fort Collins.

I think that Coach Payne is going to have the CU women in tournament action regularly in the future. Considering where the program was if they can get into the WNIT it would be a significant step for the team and as you mention the tourney experience could be valuable to them.

And it would be fun if they managed to knock CSU out.

I think that Coach Payne is going to have the CU women in tournament action regularly in the future. Considering where the program was if they can get into the WNIT it would be a significant step for the team and as you mention the tourney experience could be valuable to them.

And it would be fun if they managed to knock CSU out.

Agree with every word, especially if the team could knock off CSU again! After what the players went through last season, getting in to the WNIT would be so special for each and every one of them, especially the seniors.

I really think there is a solid chance to host. Better home attendance and won the head to head vs CSU. In addition I think the NIT likes the idea of major conferences hosting

I really think there is a solid chance to host. Better home attendance and won the head to head vs CSU. In addition I think the NIT likes the idea of major conferences hosting

Mostly a matter of major conferences being willing to pay the WNIT and lose money by hosting. ;)

My guess is CSU has higher attendance than CU (I could be wrong) and has already played in Boulder. CSU also won the regular season title for their mid major conference and we didn't.

I hope I am proven wrong, but first the bid!

7 Pac-12 are dancing. Buffs and Utes both in WNIT?

Wazzou gets automatic bid

Last edited:
I want them to get revenge for their earlier loss to Wyo by beating them in the WNIT! They've already defeated UNC and CSU.

With CU, UNC, Wyo and CSU all in will there a be a regional tourney of sorts for the first few rounds?

Go Buffs! Looking at the bracket, if Buffs get past UNLV and Round 2 game, Round 3 game could be in my neck of the woods. Buffs going towards Midwest, other local teams staying out west.

Back