What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officiating : Why College B-ball will never be a Great sport to Watch

My biggest issue with basketball officiating is refs have slowly inserted themselves into the game more and more. I'd rather they let the kids play, making the obvious calls, but getting away from the whistle happy ways we see now.

Oh, gee! Look at all the "bitching" about bad calls, even thought "it didn't affect the outcome" of the ASU game.

Pretty funny!

C'Ville, in the NFL at least, placement of the ball is a challengeable call, so your 6"---two yd. placement scenario fails.

Same with many NFL calls, there's too much "League integrity" (read: Vegas money) at stake!

I look forward to your thread blaming the referees after every loss this season. Are you that big a homer that you can't just accept that we played like ass?

Oh, gee! Look at all the "bitching" about bad calls, even thought "it didn't affect the outcome" of the ASU game.

Pretty funny!

C'Ville, in the NFL at least, placement of the ball is a challengeable call, so your 6"---two yd. placement scenario fails.

Same with many NFL calls, there's too much "League integrity" (read: Vegas money) at stake!

And in college basketball, legitimate game winning shots are reviewed by the refs, so what's your point? Your attempt to shoot down my comment fails.

99% of the time, the person bitching about the ref is just pissed his team lost.

Don't be that guy.

It's good to be part of the 1% then. :lol:

Anyone who does not recognize that human error is part of sports should consider not watching sports again. We gave away the Arizona game plain and simple. When you give away games like that, something bad is bound to happen. Don't worry about Arizona, they will run out of lucky cloverleafs and unicorns at one point this season.

And the best way to ensure you have a NCAA tourney bid? Win the conference tournament like we did last year instead of counting on other teams to do well in the season to keep your RPI high. Anyone having fun cheering for CSU and Wyoming too? :lol:

And in college basketball, legitimate game winning shots are reviewed by the refs, so what's your point? Your attempt to shoot down my comment fails.

My point: I thought the rule on replay is the ruling on the court stands unless it there is a clear and convincing reason to overturn it.

If I'm wrong and anything can be overturned on a whim, well, then my other point about refs determining the outcome, making college BB unwatchable, is similarly made.

I don't watch any sporting event to see what the refs are going to do.

My point: I thought the rule on replay is the ruling on the court stands unless it there is a clear and convincing reason to overturn it.

If I'm wrong and anything can be overturned on a whim, well, then my other point about refs determining the outcome, making college BB unwatchable, is similarly made.

I don't watch any sporting event to see what the refs are going to do.

If you find it "unwatchable", then don't watch it and spare us your insightful commentary.

Back