What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officiating

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
First, we didn't lose the game because of officiating. That said, it just seemed like there was a huge inequity in the calls. On one occasion, a long ksu punt return, I saw a blatant block in the back that wasn't called. The defensive holding call on Hypolite was bogus. I know the officials aren't purposefully favoring one team over another. It seems to me that, often, the home team gets the calls more than not. One other thing, and I haven't followed the stats, but CU hansn't been penalized much this year so far. All of a sudden, last night, we got nailed early and often. I'd be willing to guess that we had more yardage in penalties last night than in any other game this year. :cry:

we just couldn´t catch a break and i wasnt overly happy with the refs myself, but i dont think they made a big difference.

i think k state threatened to kidnap the refs and show them cat lab youtube videos 24/7 tho

First, we didn't lose the game because of officiating. That said, it just seemed like there was a huge inequity in the calls. On one occasion, a long ksu punt return, I saw a blatant block in the back that wasn't called. The defensive holding call on Hypolite was bogus. I know the officials aren't purposefully favoring one team over another. It seems to me that, often, the home team gets the calls more than not. One other thing, and I haven't followed the stats, but CU hansn't been penalized much this year so far. All of a sudden, last night, we got nailed early and often. I'd be willing to guess that we had more yardage in penalties last night than in any other game this year. :cry:

It was brutal. Seemed like the officials got caught up in the atmosphere as KjSU started having some success. The personal foul on Wheatley for pushing the guy out of bounds (the push was trying to get the guys hand off his face mask....) was crap. The d-holding call on Hypolite was crap. And the disparity in holding calls? A joke.

That said, I agree with FC that it wasn't a factor in the final score. But it certainly didn't help the Buffs in the first half, when they did have some offensive momentum but had to keep trying to overcome penalties... :huh:

It was brutal. Seemed like the officials got caught up in the atmosphere as KjSU started having some success. The personal foul on Wheatley for pushing the guy out of bounds (the push was trying to get the guys hand off his face mask....) was crap. The d-holding call on Hypolite was crap. And the disparity in holding calls? A joke.

That said, I agree with FC that it wasn't a factor in the final score. But it certainly didn't help the Buffs in the first half, when they did have some offensive momentum but had to keep trying to overcome penalties... :huh:

You know what? On second thought, OFFICIATING DID COST US THE ****ING GAME! There, I feel better. :lol:

One other thing, and I haven't followed the stats, but CU hansn't been penalized much this year so far. All of a sudden, last night, we got nailed early and often. I'd be willing to guess that we had more yardage in penalties last night than in any other game this year. :cry:

Against BU we had 11 penalties for 105 yards. Against KSU we had 10 for 91 yards. The team needs discipline and needs to resolve this before Kansas this Saturday. This is an immediate need. Good teams don't make penalties, especially at crucial times.

Oh and that call against T-Wheat when his facemask was held on to was BULL****.

Against BU we had 11 penalties for 105 yards. Against KSU we had 10 for 91 yards. The team needs discipline and needs to resolve this before Kansas this Saturday. This is an immediate need. Good teams don't make penalties, especially at crucial times.

Oh and that call against T-Wheat when his facemask was held on to was BULL****.

It seems like most of our penalties were on special teams. So, even though the peanlty may have been, technically, 10 yards, there were a couple of good returns that were called back. So, to me, it was a lot worse than 91 yards. I remember replaying one of those penalties on a return and it was a bull**** call.

Back