What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offseason fluff, courtesy of Kyle Ringo

Already did it at renewal time when I could add and drop seats. For those that say that the theoretical/ negative speculations don't effect recruits or people in general-- it has me. In this case it saved me $ and I didn't have to persuade anyone that CU was worth the investment. Was hoping it would improve but this thread on fluff highlights it may not

Good thing we have never talked about replacements for Neinas to improve STs and recruiting. Has never happened. Not once.

Cue the Digger posts something and Duff has a snarky reply. I must have peed in your Cheerios a while back. I apologize. I hope you cross me off your " To Kill List" and we can become friends and you have my back one day.

Okay, I am sure it's embedded in some long anger filled, bitching post. Neinas is no different than what we have had in special teams and is honestly as good as we have had. I think his dad being involved in the Hawkins hire is a huge reason why everyone is so pissed off about him ever getting a chance here. I think he's average. If we can get an upgrade and pay him the same, go for it. But it isn't going to happen this year, so let's see how things play out and discuss things that could change. Kind of like DC change, it was a possibility at end of season because of how bad they were. I am hoping we are Top 50 in STE because it means we probably make a bowl game. If we are lower 30 teams we probably don't.

Cue the Digger posts something and Duff has a snarky reply. I must have peed in your Cheerios a while back. I apologize. I hope you cross me off your " To Kill List" and we can become friends and you have my back one day.

Okay, I am sure it's embedded in some long anger filled, bitching post. Neinas is no different than what we have had in special teams and is honestly as good as we have had. I think his dad being involved in the Hawkins hire is a huge reason why everyone is so pissed off about him ever getting a chance here. I think he's average. If we can get an upgrade and pay him the same, go for it. But it isn't going to happen this year, so let's see how things play out and discuss things that could change. Kind of like DC change, it was a possibility at end of season because of how bad they were. I am hoping we are Top 50 in STE because it means we probably make a bowl game. If we are lower 30 teams we probably don't.

The point you miss with Neinas is that his only coaching responsibility is special teams. Most teams give ST responsibility to a staff member who also coaches a position or the HC handles it. When you have a dedicated special teams coach he is usually a killer recruiter. So the issue with some fans (like myself) is we are one of the few teams that has taken the luxury of a dedicated ST coach but he does not appear to be an overly impressive recruiter nor are the STs anything to brag about. I do not care who his Dad is other than it answers the question "Why is he here?"

The point you miss with Neinas is that his only coaching responsibility is special teams. Most teams give ST responsibility to a staff member who also coaches a position or the HC handles it. When you have a dedicated special teams coach he is usually a killer recruiter. So the issue with some fans (like myself) is we are one of the few teams that has taken the luxury of a dedicated ST coach but he does not appear to be an overly impressive recruiter nor are the STs anything to brag about. I do not care who his Dad is other than it answers the question "Why is he here?"
ding, ding, ding, ding, ding

We have a winner.

It's ok to have average ST if your ST coach is also your linebacker coach, or receivers coach, assistant OC, etc, etc.

Literally his only coaching job is ST; mediocre is not acceptable.

Well, unless you kick ass on the recruiting trail.

I know I've been impressed with Neinas' recruits; he's certainly pulled in the best kickers and punters, and locked down the state for which he's the lead recruiter.

You need to be at least good at one of the two major things you are asked to do (recruiting & coaching). My thought is if he was good at one or the other then we wouldn't be rehashing this same argument every few weeks.

Already did it at renewal time when I could add and drop seats. For those that say that the theoretical/ negative speculations don't effect recruits or people in general-- it has me. In this case it saved me $ and I didn't have to persuade anyone that CU was worth the investment. Was hoping it would improve but this thread on fluff highlights it may not
So after 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014...you decide to give up your seats in 2015?

:wtf:

I have come to the conclusion that Duff/Slider and the boys are a reflection of the thoughts of the true CU fans. For me the impact has been to save me $4000 by not adding 2 season tickets and trying to bring 2 more people rather I dropped 2 seats and just kept 2 for my wife and me. I like/need fluff cause I have no real insight into the program and use this site and rivals to keep me connected.Constant sniping leads me to think I am not the right fit to continue the 4 hour drive each way to be surrounded by fans that think so poooof my school team and coach.i have not shared this cause it's my own option-- have to decide if I am done

Dollars spent on season tickets is about putting the student athletes first.

I'd never buy season tickets based upon my perception of what anonymous members on Allbuffs or any other Internet message board might think.

But that's just me.

Allbuffs is basically like a bar. People come here to chat, catch up on recent news, blow off steam, connect with the regulars, have a laugh, and move on with their daily lives. If you don't like the clientele of a bar, you don't go back.

Basing a decision to buy CU tickets from on what the assholes around here have to say is just hurting the student athletes.

Even looking at CU tickets like a consumer isn't really indicative of being a fan. I prefer to look at CU athletics tickets like a charity. Money going to CU isn't going to Red Cross or SPCA or the American Heart Association.

Just spend money on what's important to you.

Please don't don't go all passive aggressive by pinning your CU ticket purchase decision of anything said by anyone around here, especially Duff and Slider.

If you want to cherry pick two posters in which to base your decision, may I suggest you look into the views of MontanaBuff and Boyd?

MontanaBuff is a great fan. Sits by my grandpa and makes the trek from Montana every home game, very iimpressive.

Digger, I can say there has been plenty of discussion of possibilities to replace Neinas and other suspect coaches. Replacement candidates are always mentioned. We can disagree on how good Neinas is, but do you seriously believe he is as good as we have ever had? That seems excessive, especially factoring in recruiting.

Over/under on kick/punt return yards given up by CU vs Hawaii is?
This is the biggest issue I have with our ST the last few years. We seem to start the season with our heads between our legs and then start to figure it out by the end of the season. We can't do that 3 straight years

There we go. A thorough response. Helped me say give him one more season and if we don't see more then can him.

I would like to see a RB or TE coach that can coach ST mainly and key in with Adams. I think Adams is a solid coach and recruiter but a former OL as RB coach has always had me scratching my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the biggest issue I have with our ST the last few years. We seem to start the season with our heads between our legs and then start to figure it out by the end of the season. We can't do that 3 straight years

I would say this is a Neinas thing but same crap happened under Barnett, Hawkins and Embree. Every first few games, CSU in particular, we see huge ST plays. Hoping that changes finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014...you decide to give up your seats in 2015?

:wtf:

All because Duff and Slider said recruiting sucks too. Bizarre.

And coming from a guy that had a membership to buffscoop. How he managed that place, but can't stand this one is kinda beyond me.

It can't be stated enough how bad our coverage teams were last year for the first half. That game against Umass was unbearable.

Has Ringo been writing similar articles during the off season the last decade? That's an actual question, I don't remember. If no, not fluff piece by my definition

from phone

Over/under on kick/punt return yards given up by CU vs Hawaii is?

If they practice ST, I am pretty sure CU will UH to under 170/yards/game on ST. If they don't practice, they'll probabl yonly be able to hold them to 125.

Digger, I can say there has been plenty of discussion of possibilities to replace Neinas and other suspect coaches. Replacement candidates are always mentioned. We can disagree on how good Neinas is, but do you seriously believe he is as good as we have ever had? That seems excessive, especially factoring in recruiting.

Objection, Duff is speculating. Neinas is FAAARRR from as good as we have ever had. I liked Bienemy as Special Teams coach and that sort of dynamic guy would be great. Does CU have any stud special teams guys that would make good coaches? How about an Akarika Dawn type?

Objection, Duff is speculating. Neinas is FAAARRR from as good as we have ever had. I liked Bienemy as Special Teams coach and that sort of dynamic guy would be great. Does CU have any stud special teams guys that would make good coaches? How about an Akarika Dawn type?

Why is the default always to suggest former Buffs?

Why is the default always to suggest former Buffs?

Just using an example. And someone passionate about the program and that loves special teams and understands them are positives to have on staff. I also think another African American that would be in their late 20s/early 30s would be a good big brother type that these guys would get "hyped" for. Our special teams were most exciting over the last 15 or so years when Bienemy was here in the early 00's. I don't remember anything special during those lovely two years.

Just using an example. And someone passionate about the program and that loves special teams and understands them are positives to have on staff. I also think another African American that would be in their late 20s/early 30s would be a good big brother type that these guys would get "hyped" for. Our special teams were most exciting over the last 15 or so years when Bienemy was here in the early 00's. I don't remember anything special during those lovely two years.

Passion for the program where someone coaches is vastly overrated IMO.

Quit with bringing former players/coaches back. Good god does no one remember 2011/2012?

Back