What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Okie state coach is my new hero

I wonder what was written that would precipitate such a response. I have to take it that Gundy had a legitimate reason. Was the author of the article sitting there listening to what Gundy had to say? If he or she deserved it, I hope so.

That's a ****ing bull**** article. Like coach Gundy said. These guys arent professional athletes. And someone who probably never played the game calls them out??? wow.

two words about the article..... Jenni Carlson..... nuff said... Good for Gundy, here to Bobby Reid... go tear her a new ass on the field of play Bobby....

Jenni Carlson I believe convicted our program in an article in 2004 even though she probably hasn't stepped foot in Colorado her whole life.. Just like when Stoops ripped Lupica and calling him a fiction writer for saying OU ran it up on A$M 77-0 when everyone that watched the game knew they didn't.. I respect very few sportswriters and their opinions in the country.. The Lupica's, Kiszla's, Paige's, Mariotti's are just the scum of the earth..They are all fiction writers..

Why is it that the media thinks they´re above everything? Why do they think they can do as they please?

If a player and a coach are supposed to accept "fair criticism" as Dodd says, then why can´t the media do the same? Why do they think they´re above things? Why do they think free speech is threatened as soon as someone calls them out for their drivel? What an arrogant bunch of vultures. It´s the media´s job to OBJECTIVELY report about stuff and not to form opinions for the lowly readers who are, in their opinion, too dumb to form opinions themselves.

Last edited:
Why is it that the media thinks they´re above everything else? If a player and a coach are supposed to accept "fair criticism" as Dodd says, then why can´t the media do the same? Why do they think they´re above everything else? Why do they think free speech is threatened as soon as someone calls them out for their BS? What an arrogant bunch of vultures. It´s the media´s job to OBJECTIVELY report about stuff and not to form opinions for the lowly readers who are, in their opinion, too dumb to form opinions themselves.

Columnist v. reporter

Gundy is the amn IMO. "Jenni", or whatever her name is, and Dennis Dodd can go suck an egg for all I care. Gundy just has the balls to say what every other coach really thinks about the scum sucking infotainment people.:gun:

Why is it that the media thinks they´re above everything? Why do they think they can do as they please?

If a player and a coach are supposed to accept "fair criticism" as Dodd says, then why can´t the media do the same? Why do they think they´re above things? Why do they think free speech is threatened as soon as someone calls them out for their drivel? What an arrogant bunch of vultures. It´s the media´s job to OBJECTIVELY report about stuff and not to form opinions for the lowly readers who are, in their opinion, too dumb to form opinions themselves.

I agree I think it is interesting that he believes reporters/columnists have a right to make a living of criticizing and covering these athletes; but they are immune from the same in return. I would expect a little more out of anyone who graduated college.

"This is what is never going to change, Mike: We're going to write our opinions because this is America. Free press and all that. You might not agree, but when you don't, for your career's sake, keep it to yourself."

Unbelievable. I guess it's all right for the media to print opinion after opinion and nobody is allowed to respond. What a crock of ****. I guess freedom of the press is more important than a coach's freedom of speech?

Carlson is an idiot that has never played anything...it has been continuing problem with the crap she writes.

I think Sooner fans to a man have supported Gundy on this.....even if his tirade might have been a little over the top.

This really seems to be something all fans can agree on.

What a bull**** article by both Carlson and Dodd. Talk about what goes on in the field, not what you ****ing think is going on based on hearsay and rumors. So what if his mother brought him some chicken? ****, I'd be so lucky to have my mom be there for me once again (she recently passed away).

Dodd is a blathering moron as well. Carlson is allowed "freedom of the press" and can say what she and her editor wants, but with that same freedom others can call bull**** and call HER out for calling out a young 21 year old that is still growing up and is having a minor setback. **** her, her editor and Dodd.

What a bull**** article by both Carlson and Dodd. Talk about what goes on in the field, not what you ****ing think is going on based on hearsay and rumors. So what if his mother brought him some chicken? ****, I'd be so lucky to have my mom be there for me once again (she recently passed away).

Dodd is a blathering moron as well. Carlson is allowed "freedom of the press" and can say what she and her editor wants, but with that same freedom others can call bull**** and call HER out for calling out a young 21 year old that is still growing up and is having a minor setback. **** her, her editor and Dodd.

Bravo!

This gets resolved by subscribers and advertisors pulling their subscriptions and ads. That gets peoples attention real quick. I cancelled my subscription to the Denver Post ages ago because of the drivel from Kizla and Diane Cartman. If enough people do it, it will make a difference.

I totally agree. Freedom of speech is protected in this case, but I'll be damned if you can find "freedom from criticism" on the bill of rights. As soon as anyone starts criticizing the media, they get slammed for anti-freedom of speech ****.

And the only place for an opinion is an editorial (sports or otherwise), not in a reporting column.

I vote cage match OSU coach vs Dodd and the lady reporter and the players mom - 4 go in - 2 come out.

Way to go Gundy! Way to stand up for your kids when someone (media) tried to kick him when he was down. I don't know about the rest of you parents but I would gladly send my kid to play for a coach like that! One who cares about HIS players!

Gundy has the right message. Bravo for standing up for his QB. But that was an unfortunate delivery. He lost his cool and looks the fool. Why give the press more to publish? Is Coach Gundy mentally stable? Will that rant help recruiting, or hurt it? Why let a struggling member of the press get under your skin? That rant has sports fans accross the country reading Carlson's article. Too bad because the article is poorly written and doesn't deserve the attention Gundy has provided. As a rule, never get in an arguement with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

"I'm 40" is the "IT" quote in the B12. "This isn't intermurals" is so 5 minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crock of **** that is.

:yeahthat:

Dennis Dodd said:
We have the pen, always, Mike. You have a job, for now.

Ooooh, sounds like Mr. Tough Guy reporter is making a little threat there. Talk bad about reporters, and we will write you right out of a job... :huh:

He hides his players -- whose scholarships are paid for by tax dollars and contributions -- and then criticizes when journalists try to do their jobs.

I could almost swear that the Okie State athletic program generates more than enough TV and ticket money to cover the cost of scholarships. Dodd shows his ignorance, typical of way too many columnists (Hello, Mr. Jizzla..) with that comment.

And then there is this wonderful bit...

What the hell does her gender have to do with anything?? She is a professional. Defend her on that basis, not bringing her gender into the picture when it has nothing to do with doing her job...

But finally he gets around to the truth...

As immediate past president of the Football Writers Association of the America, I wrote him last year regarding media access. There pretty much wasn't any at a program that still fails to realize it lives in a huge shadow in its own state (ever hear of Oklahoma?) and is an afterthought in the national conversation.

Sounds like Gundy didn't genuflect when Dodd waved his temporary title in his face, and Dodd still can't get over it. Just because Gundy thinks he knows better than a reporter how much media interaction his team needs, I guess that's reason to blast the hell out of him...

Back