What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Olympic Threads and SPOILERS

wsp4820

Evan Battey Fan Account
Club Member
Junta Member
This is the forum for discussion of the Olympics. As many of the events will be taking place live prior to being aired on NBC at night, out of respect for those who want to watch at night PLEASE try to avoid spoilers in the thread titles.

That said, don't be an idot. If you don't want to know how an event turns out, try to avoid this forum. Also, anyone using the "What's New" button or viewing on tapatalk, be smart about using these features if you don't want to see spoilers in the preview of new posts.

P.S. Go USA!!!!

I'm so psyched for the Olympics. Go USA. I expect to win the overall medal count

****ing NBC. I can only stream **** online if I have a contract with a cable or dish provider.

When are these leagues (and apparently the Olympics) going to get it? People want ala carte - let me pay you to watch this online without having to pay some ****** provider

When are these leagues (and apparently the Olympics) going to get it? People want ala carte - let me pay you to watch this online without having to pay some ****** provider

There was a good article posted by dbt which laid out why a la carte won't work. To summarize Viacom, for examples, sells all their channels to distributors like Comcast and direct tv. What happens if they split it up and nobody wants the ****** channels? It needs to start with the studios first.

There was a good article posted by dbt which laid out why a la carte won't work. To summarize Viacom, for examples, sells all their channels to distributors like Comcast and direct tv. What happens if they split it up and nobody wants the ****** channels? It needs to start with the studios first.

That all sounds too complicated for me. I want what I want tante! And I want it now!

What the hell did they do to women's beach volleyball? Where the hell are the bikinis? :sad2:

What the hell did they do to women's beach volleyball? Where the hell are the bikinis? :sad2:

To cold and damp in London for the bikinis. Trying not to lose athletes to hypothermia.

To cold and damp in London for the bikinis. Trying not to lose athletes to hypothermia.

By far the biggest indictment of this games being held in London. It's late July for chrissakes! I'm watching beach volleyball players wearing full bodysuits to try to stay warm. It's a travesty.

The PAC has been doing a decent job of following all the PAC athletes on their site & twitter. Pretty impressed with how My Bears are doing, might be leading the conference at the moment in medals.

By far the biggest indictment of this games being held in London. It's late July for chrissakes! I'm watching beach volleyball players wearing full bodysuits to try to stay warm. It's a travesty.

Mind you, they're playing at like 11pm local time sometimes. London isn't the only place where things get cooler at night, even during the summer.

The PAC has been doing a decent job of following all the PAC athletes on their site & twitter. Pretty impressed with how My Bears are doing, might be leading the conference at the moment in medals.

Sorry I am not quite sure who you're a fan of. Do you mean the actual team of the Bears or the other bears as in the Bruins? It can't be easy having to differentiate so I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

I am guessing he means

a) that Lochte lost the gold medal on the last 50 meters in the relay in a complete 180 turn from events in Beijing
b) the fact most people have a hard time believing the Chinese gymnasts are actually old enough to compete

I am guessing he means

a) that Lochte lost the gold medal on the last 50 meters in the relay in a complete 180 turn from events in Beijing
b) the fact most people have a hard time believing the Chinese gymnasts are actually old enough to compete

Yep. Also watching Jordyn Wieber getting eliminated from the Women's all around was heartbreaking

Why limit it to 2 per team for the all around? If Romania has the 4 best gymnasts in the world, they should all have an opportunity to compete past prelims. If I'is made it through over a half dozen gymnasts who were better than me it would be completely hollow because I'd know I didn't belong.

I am guessing he means

didn't both of those happen yesterday? see even another reason to hate the coverage this year.

can I just get updates from you when something happens jens? then I won't even need to go to the abortion of a website the london 2012 olympics put out.

What do you mean by "something happens"? :)

Back