What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Omaha World Hearld says CU & NU most likely won't pay much $$$

for kicks and i thought interesting indirectly on the subject of communications. the day after CU accepted the Pac invite there was a truck parked immediately outside the Dal. the truck was a mobile paper shredding service vehicle from a company in Denver.

I didn't think about the discovery angle before. If kNU and CU take this to litigation, the rest of the Big X(II) will freak the **** out about discovery requests and depositions. We're out after 2010-11 and we're paying around 5 million is my guess.

But the emails of every member school in the Big 12 (except Baylor) are already 100% public record.

Any email at all that was sent by any person at any of the state schools is already available, all you have to do is ask.

One email was asked for do you remember the email where Texas said they had a "Tech problem?"

Imagine how many more damaging emails are out there for UT?

It is not just email you could get Dodds on the witness stand. If he won't do it pleading the fifth, would Scott the Pac commissioner?He would help CU (and utlimately NU in the process) since CU is coming to the Pac and the Pac has a vested interest now in CU's financial health. Plus Scott is probably pissed at UT for gettting played.

It is possible they could subpoena Dodd and force him to testify as well.

Another issue that comes into play was the infamous ultimatum. I don't think other schools besides Mizzou, NU and maybe CU were issued the ultimatum. Courts look unfavorably upon thoses types of actions. I am sure the Big XII will say they issued everyone the same ultimatum but it will come out in court that they did not really do that.

Think about it this way: Nebraska was told if they did not commit to the Big XII that Texas was taking half the conference to the Pac. Who told Nebraska that Dan Beebe? Why was he not threatening Texas the same way he was threatening Nebraska? Sure makes Beebe look like he was essentially working for Texas.

So Nebraska had to either offer a guarantee they would not leave (which is unethical and nothing they legally had to do, but Texas er I mean the Big XII wanted them to do it.) This is sort of a breach of contract because Nebraska had done nothing wrong, yet they were being forced to do something "or else"

So Nebraska, fearing Texas would leave because NU could not make any guarantees (nor should they or any school have to) took the Bevo by the horn and bolted for the Big Ten.

This is by far not just a simple "read the contract" case it is far more complicated and the Big XII messed up big time if you ask me which is why NU and CU have a real case here.

Last edited:
Is my math bad or something? Wouldn't getting 50% of revenue for two years be worse than getting 20% revenue one year and then joining the Pac 10 as an immediate full partner?

I'm just throwing out numbers here, but say CU gets $10M per year from the Big XII and you stayed for two years. Theoretically you would get $5M each year for a loss of $10M.

But if you joined the Pac 10 a year earlier, you would lose $8M in your last year in the Big XII, but get full pay-out in the Pac the following year (and I would assume the Pac would negotiate with the tv networks for extra $ with an extra 2 schools to cover this).

So your loss if you left in two years = (hypothetical) $10M
Your loss if you left in one year = (hypothetical) $8M

Why would CU want to stay another two years? What am I missing?

It is unsure CU would be a full partner if they show up a year "early" outside of that your math is solid.

It is unsure CU would be a full partner if they show up a year "early" outside of that your math is solid.

And it is debable that the Pac would be able to payout that high that soon, as one of the main cogs in their plan is to start a conference network. Not sure that can be done by 2011.

I'm sure 10 years from now on, we will look back and realize that the $$$ was well worth it. I think CU the school could help out in this situation because the CU prez said this was a CU thing not just the CU AD and the money that CU would lose in this case would be pretty small compared to the gains the school would get from being part of the PAC. This is something we have spent too much time worrying about. Let's all drink the golden kool-aid and be merry!

www.pac12fans.com

I'm sure 10 years from now on, we will look back and realize that the $$$ was well worth it. I think CU the school could help out in this situation because the CU prez said this was a CU thing not just the CU AD and the money that CU would lose in this case would be pretty small compared to the gains the school would get from being part of the PAC. This is something we have spent too much time worrying about. Let's all drink the golden kool-aid and be merry!

www.pac12fans.com

That is a good point. NU going to the Big Ten helps the entire university. In the big scheme of things with the U of Nebraska, 15 Mil is not that much. I would love to not pay a dime to stick it to Texas, but its not a big deal if we have to pay either. So each remaining school gets a couple Mil from CU and NU. They just lost their 12 million dollar Big XII champ game so screw them.

Back