What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

On outgoing transfers

Not a rumor. Statement of expectations by folks in the program. I think even Tad and Dre said as much.

Most likely the only way he doesn't go is if he gets injured or some other completely unexpected event happens.

Staltzer is getting Chen's scholarship next year. For the 2013 class, Chen is already gone. Assuming Sharpe leaves as is being reported, that opens up two scholarships for the 2013 class. If Mills leaves or if Dre declares for the NBA, that's another two potential scholarships for that same class.

With a full load of scholarships now and no senior having one, we would have one via Sharpe leaving. If Mills and Roberson are gone at the end of the year, that would leave us with three, not four.

With a full load of scholarships now and no senior having one, we would have one via Sharpe leaving. If Mills and Roberson are gone at the end of the year, that would leave us with three, not four.
I think it would be 4 actually, but I'm not sure.

I hope he has the best of luck at Cal State Fullerton or wherever it is that be continues his college career.

Far as I can figure if Mills leaves and Roberson declares early, that should leave us with 3 scholarships for 2013. Be a smaller class, but hopefully the program can get at least one top recruit. Allen, Hopkins and a decent third recruit/transfer would be about as good as I'd expect

Nik, Hoops Fan and Mattrob are all correct on this -- IF Dre, Shannon & Mills all leave, we'll have 3 scholarships for 2013. Chen is no longer on scholarship, so him graduating does not open up anything.

Just saw Shannon Sharpe walking to class (that's my guess at least). Is it normal for transfers to take summer classes?

Just saw Shannon Sharpe walking to class (that's my guess at least). Is it normal for transfers to take summer classes?

Pretty sure it was him, he was on twitter night saying he was flying back to Boulder.

Can't answer if it is normal for transfers to take summer classes, my guess would be no. The only thing that would make sense is that scholarships are from fall-summer, so he is probably still under scholarship if he hasn't officially transferred. (Which it certainly appears that he hasn't)

Jeff Goodman from CBS who initially put out that transfer list in late March that included Sharpe and Mills had a Pac 12 conference catch up yesterday.

Some interesting things:
He still has Mills on his outgoing transfer list.

Dre isn't on his pre-season all Pac 12 team
G: Mark Lyons (Arizona)
G: Allen Crabbe (Cal)
F: Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA)
F: Kyle Anderson (UCLA)
C: Brock Motum (Washington State)

He doesn't have CU picked to finish in the top half of the conf.
1. UCLA
2. Arizona
3. Stanford
4. USC
5. Washington
6. California

Jeff Goodman from CBS who initially put out that transfer list in late March that included Sharpe and Mills had a Pac 12 conference catch up yesterday.

Some interesting things:

1. UCLA
2. Arizona
3. Stanford
4. USC
5. Washington
6. California

When he sobers up he will remember that CU and Utah joined the PAC. No way in the world that Tad doesn't have this team finish in the top half of the conference. Also hard to figure out how a guy projected to be on the edge of being a lottery pick isn't all-conference anywhere but the Big East or maybe ACC.

When he sobers up he will remember that CU and Utah joined the PAC. No way in the world that Tad doesn't have this team finish in the top half of the conference. Also hard to figure out how a guy projected to be on the edge of being a lottery pick isn't all-conference anywhere but the Big East or maybe ACC.

Isn't Muhammad an incoming Freshman? Yeah, he's a top recruit in the nation, but Dre has two years of proof.

Some interesting things:

1. UCLA
2. Arizona
3. Stanford
4. USC
5. Washington
6. California

I tend to over-simplify things, but CU is the defending conference champion, and this guy thinks they won't finish any better than 7th? It's pretty well accepted that the guys we have coming in are better than the guys we have leaving, but it's a problem that we're losing three starters?

I think there's a stigma about CU basketball that will take a long time to overcome.

Is Shabazz going to be even eligible to play in the start of season?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Is Shabazz going to be even eligible to play in the start of season?

Scuttlebutt is that he'll be suspended for a bit, but I'm betting it'll be like Josh Selby's at Kansas where he'll miss some to all of non-conference and be back by conference play at the most.

Scuttlebutt is that he'll be suspended for a bit, but I'm betting it'll be like Josh Selby's at Kansas where he'll miss some to all of non-conference and be back by conference play at the most.

Yea, that's what I thought. Selby was pretty much a disappointment that year though.

I tend to over-simplify things, but CU is the defending conference champion, and this guy thinks they won't finish any better than 7th? It's pretty well accepted that the guys we have coming in are better than the guys we have leaving, but it's a problem that we're losing three starters?

I think there's a stigma about CU basketball that will take a long time to overcome.

While we are the defending COnf. Tournament Champion we also finished 5th in the league last year, and the league figures to be better on the whole next year.

While we are the defending COnf. Tournament Champion we also finished 5th in the league last year, and the league figures to be better on the whole next year.

7th is disrespectful, though. Any lower than 5th is disrespecting us.

We easily could have finished I think it was second. 1-5 were very close at the end if I recall correctly so I don't think you can put too much stock into us finishing 5th last year, just my $0.02.

We easily could have finished I think it was second. 1-5 were very close at the end if I recall correctly so I don't think you can put too much stock into us finishing 5th last year, just my $0.02.

We could have just as easily finished 7th. In a WEAK PAC-12.

1.) Washington (14-4)
2.) Cal (13-5)
3.) Oregon (13-5)
4.) Arizona (12-6)
5.) UCLA (11-7)
6.) Colorado (11-7)
7.) Stanford (10-8)

Listen, I don't think we're finishing in the bottom half this year, but I can really see why many do think it.

1.) Washington (14-4)
2.) Cal (13-5)
3.) Oregon (13-5)
4.) Arizona (12-6)
5.) UCLA (11-7)
6.) Colorado (11-7)
7.) Stanford (10-8)

Listen, I don't think we're finishing in the bottom half this year, but I can really see why many do think it.

Agreed the team that finished 7th beat us like a drum, twice.

Dude has USC picked to finish 4th. I swear to God, USC is the worst damn basketball team I actually witnessed last year. Worse than Utah. Worse than ASU. They were terrible. Couldn't score. Couldn't rebound. And this guy has them picked 4th while the defending champs are nowhere in the top half of the conference. Right.

Dude has USC picked to finish 4th. I swear to God, USC is the worst damn basketball team I actually witnessed last year. Worse than Utah. Worse than ASU. They were terrible. Couldn't score. Couldn't rebound. And this guy has them picked 4th while the defending champs are nowhere in the top half of the conference. Right.

USC was absolutely crushed by injuries last year. 4th is high for them, but if I remember correctly they had 2 walkons logging minutes for them that walked on in season.

That's what happens when your team is filled with walk on players because of injuries. They should be better, but not 4th imo.

I guess I should be happy. We get another year to sneak up on the conference. Damn.

USC was absolutely crushed by injuries last year. 4th is high for them, but if I remember correctly they had 2 walkons logging minutes for them that walked on in season.

Yeah. They were my sleeper pick to win the Pac-12 last year before all the injuries hit.

But 4th is too high.

I guess I should be happy. We get another year to sneak up on the conference. Damn.

Won't know how the majority of the PAC-12 coaches and media feel for a few months. I would suspect there are a lot of members who won't underestimate us again.
Hell.. I am not even sure how I feel yet.

1.) Washington (14-4)
2.) Cal (13-5)
3.) Oregon (13-5)
4.) Arizona (12-6)
5.) UCLA (11-7)
6.) Colorado (11-7)
7.) Stanford (10-8)

They obviously don't know about the on-going legend of Tad Boyle. We could have easily finished both 7th or 2nd. I guess we will just surprise the Pac 12....again.

more locker room material for the young guys to eat up. Basketball is one of those crazy sports where freshman can be big time players or can take time to develop. We will see what we really have to work with in November

USC finishing 4th is hard to see. Know they were ravaged by injuries, but even if healthy that team was not very good--even in a weak Pac-12. Still think they finish in the bottom third of the conference even if moderately healthy

Picking USC 4th in basketball is about as likely as CU finishing with the 4th best record in football.

Washington lost a lot too. Think it's going to be hard for them next year

Hope the coaches pick Colorado 10th again.

Seeing the Buffs picked lower than they should be is a trend we're going to see in all sports for a long, long time in this conference. I obviously love being in the Pac-12, but we're the new guys (and far away geographically). It's easy to see how we won't be at the top of people's minds until we literally beat it into their heads. Winning the Pac-12 this year was obviously a great start, but it's going to take years. It's going to nearly always be cases of USC being picked 4th when they should be 9th, etc. It's fine with me, makes it far more rewarding in the end.

Back