What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One buffalo's view from the sidelines: Here is where i have landed on this

It's all hard to watch and tough to say anything, but just like Wyo and Fla, I'm not going anywhere. I wish I had something of substance to say that would give more hope than just hope.

I wonder if all of the coaching experience these guys have in the NFL has obscured their previous experience coaching a college team, and especially one with so many freshmen and sophomores. Coaching expectations with 25-35 year-old mature, football experienced men should be different than with 18-20 year-old young and comparatively inexperienced men. Somehow it looks like there is a disconnect that hopefully gets connected soon.

Finally, I feel bad for you guys with your knees > Wyo and Fla. I'm very fortunate that mine are solid for an old man. There aren't many college kids in the gym at school who can top me on the leg press. One shoulder did come apart about 12 years ago, but thanks to a good surgeon and physical therapist, it works right today. Take care, guys. We will always be with the Buffs. There have to be better days coming.

Last edited:
I remember running with Adam Goucher at the State High School Chamionship...or in reality running far far behind him. He was fun to watch, he could flat out fly.
If I remember right (it was a long time ago), he was a high school freshmen or sophomore when I was a high school senior. Even though I, and everyone else, had 3 years on the kid - he was still kicking our asses even then. That was a crazy time for HS XC in Colorado - lots of insanely good runners. My team had 2 guys that could occasionally get their 5K under 15 minutes, plus another 5 guys that were pretty regularly in the high 15's low 16's - and we were only the third best team in our district, let alone the whole state.

If I remember right (it was a long time ago), he was a high school freshmen or sophomore when I was a high school senior. Even though I, and everyone else, had 3 years on the kid - he was still kicking our asses even then. That was a crazy time for HS XC in Colorado - lots of insanely good runners. My team had 2 guys that could occasionally get their 5K under 15 minutes, plus another 5 guys that were pretty regularly in the high 15's low 16's - and we were only the third best team in our district, let alone the whole state.

Everybody knows that you can't count Liberty Bell times. :)

Back