What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One final game in Balch?

There used to be locker rooms in Balch. I have no idea of what is left there. Does it connect to the Rec Center?

If this game was held, especially if it was a double header with the women, I would be there.

Incredible idea. Throwback unis, throwback food and drink prices, premium tickets, national tv.

Question? How much would people pay for this premium ticket? $20/$50/$100?

Does it matter who the opponet is?

Good question. I would probably pay around $40 or $50 for this or maybe more depending on the opponent. Nit tix were around $20 if I remember correctly so we probably shouldn't charge much more than that.

Opponent matters to me. If the game amounts to a scrimmage (D2 opponent), it's not worth more to me than a game in the Keg against a weak opponent. From a baseline of an interesting game, I'd probably be willing to pay 30 bucks for this as a one-time event.

I think I would depend on how they do it up. Truthfuly how well they promote it. If they basically just throw some bleachers in there, and play a game, heh, im too young to appreciate it, and probably would be in that $30 to $40 range.

But if they really tried to do it up trying to bring back the feeling of going to a old game, and had some national attention, making it so you really felt privilaged to be there, I think I would pay considerably more. Probably look at it simular to a fundraising event as far as the price I would pay to get in. But I am pretty sure they would still just break even, not that is necessarly a bad thing.

Balch holds a lot of memories for me. Picking up tickets at will call outside at the ticket office, great atmosphere, attending my first women's and men's basketball games, so I'd be there for the nostalgia.

my dad said it could be pretty cold in Balch. i bet that was a homecourt advantage in February. single pained windows and whatnot. all the heat is in the top of the structure. running around in your propto-daisy dukes and tank top jerseys. anyway, i posted about playing on of the snoozer OOC games in Balch years ago. i don't think it's something that should be done, if it's unrealistic from a fiscal/building status standpoint....but, get the students behind it and it would sell out. be great, lotta fun i'd think.

to be fair, attendance numbers from last year and the 2nd half of the previous have been a lot more than i'd have expected during the Bzdelik years in the cellar. my image was if you only got 3000, why not make it an energized one.

Last edited:
Play San Francisco in that game... IIRC that's who beat us in the final four. We were playing at Balch that year right?

It was cold in Balch. It was the dark ages. :smile:

I lived in Crosman while in grad school with those single pane windows and when the Chinooks blew, I could really feel the wind. The cold winter air was far worse.

Then they went and turned Crosman in to a regular dorm.

Back