What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

One Thing About This Coaching Staff

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
I was flipping through the Lindy season preview mag today and looking over their top 100 recruit list. If you can say one thing about this coaching staff, its' that they can identify guys who have talent. Not only were they going after the guys that we KNEW were good (Artis, Allen, York, etc.), but they were on guys like Ben Carter who were barely heard of prior to this year, but who Lindy has as the #77 prospect in the nation.

On a casual scan of their top 100, we were in on at least 13 of the guys at one point.

In Tad (and Co.) I trust.

Yeah - i hope we can have some success before we start worrying about Tad getting lured away by another program

Yeah - i hope we can have some success before we start worrying about Tad getting lured away by another program

I'm not too worried about that.

Coaches are going to evaluate based on several factors:

- Money
- Administrative & fan support for the program
- Whether it's possible to win a championship at the program
- Quality of life issues (location, family considerations, etc.)
- Prestige/Ego considerations of not wanting to miss the boat on a career opportunity (Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, etc.)

With the new facilities, recruiting success, a big advocate as AD, record-breaking attendance in his 1st year, great success on the recruiting trail, and the potential to make a mint as these Pac-12 media deals kick into high gear, CU basketball is a damn good job. Throw in the life quality stuff of him being a native son and having school-age children. I really think it would take an elite program offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for Boyle to give it serious consideration.

With the B12 disintegrating before our very eyes, it may even be tough for KU to lure him away pretty soon. They could very well be playing in the MAC or MWC before this is all said and done.

Boyle is the real deal, and I think he's here to stay. Good for us - bad for the Pac 12.

I could see Kansas luring him away. But, they will end up in a BCS conference due to their basketball prowess. And lets just hope Boyle leads us down a road where Kansas actually would want him

I saw somewhere today that Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri will be invited into the Big East if the Big XII - II disbands. It is Baylor and Iowa State that is in trouble

I'd be amazed if Kansas didn't end up in the Big East or Pac-1? when it's all said and done and the Big XII explodes. As much as I hate the beakers, they do have a top notch basketball program*.

* - top notch program null and void once the NCAA tournament starts. Especially if they're playing a Patriot League team.

Back