What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Opening weekend matchups

Best opening weekend matchup

• Bama vs USC (Arlington)

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • LSU @ Wisconsin

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Mississippi @ Florida State

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Clemson @ Auburn

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • UCLA @ Texas A&M

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Houston @ Oklahoma

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Notre Dame @ Texas

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
I see a bunch of slow Big 10 teams there and an ACC/Big East/12, whatever WV was then. Show me what Bama has done against Pac 12 teams. I'll wait.

They haven't played a PAC-12 team within at least the last 5 years. USC also has not played Any SEC teams recently.
Speed is nothing new to Bama. My argument is that Bama is ready to go early on and USC is not that great of a team. They have a nobody coach with no HC experience other than last year.
8-6 is not SC standards. And it is going to be extremely difficult this season for them as they have a brutal beginning and end to their schedule.

They haven't played a PAC-12 team within at least the last 5 years. USC also has not played Any SEC teams recently.
Speed is nothing new to Bama. My argument is that Bama is ready to go early on and USC is not that great of a team. They have a nobody coach with no HC experience other than last year.
8-6 is not SC standards. And it is going to be extremely difficult this season for them as they have a brutal beginning and end to their schedule.

And my argument is that this game is out of Bama's comfort zone. Rarely have they played a first game of the season against a team with USC's caliber of athletes. USC is not slow Wisconsin or Penn State. Nor are they some 2nd or 3rd tier southern school. USC will be ready. Not saying they'll win, but it will be a game.

And my argument is that this game is out of Bama's comfort zone. Rarely have they played a first game of the season against a team with USC's caliber of athletes. USC is not slow Wisconsin or Penn State. Nor are they some 2nd or 3rd tier southern school. USC will be ready. Not saying they'll win, but it will be a game.

That's fair and a valid point. I just don't think SC is that good or well coached. We'll see

oklahoma is playing at houston. not like someone else posted as houston at OU. Oklahoma also plays Ohio State two weeks later.

What a great opening weekend and it's not just Saturday, as ND-Texas is Sunday night and Ole Miss-FSU is Monday night.

I voted USC-Bama but I also think Clemson-Auburn is an intriguing game. On paper this one is all Clemson but this is a true home game for Auburn and not a neutral site game like most of the others. Ole Miss-FSU could also also interesting because of Chad Kelly but who knows how the offseason issues will affect Ole Miss.

EDIT: Another good game that first Saturday is North Carolina-Georgia

Last edited:
If Houston beats OU then Tom Herman is the head coach in College Station by the next weekend.

Or Norman.

Back