What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Optimistic

BeachBronco

Looking at our returning starters, especially on offense, I am inclined to start drinking kool-aide now. If Hansen can get the time he needs we may end up with one of the best receiving corps in the conference next season with McKnight, Simas, and Clemons. I know in the defensive backfield we need to fix some things as well as rebuilding our linebacking corps, but up front will be strong. If we can get a new kicker and punter I could see us definately making some strides.

Looking at our returning starters, especially on offense, I am inclined to start drinking kool-aide now. If Hansen can get the time he needs we may end up with one of the best receiving corps in the conference next season with McKnight, Simas, and Clemons. I know in the defensive backfield we need to fix some things as well as rebuilding our linebacking corps, but up front will be strong. If we can get a new kicker and punter I could see us definately making some strides.
do not do it man. This team is all about 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. at best. Save the koolaid till after we see what (if any) staff changes occur. This offense will not run until the Oline gels, and this staff (or series of staffs) has shown no ability to do that.

lol! history tells us a few of those starters will transfer out and about half of the remaining starters will be backups next season for no reason. and hawkins will use the "we're so young" excuse again when we start the season 0-3

do not do it man. This team is all about 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. at best. Save the koolaid till after we see what (if any) staff changes occur. This offense will not run until the Oline gels, and this staff (or series of staffs) has shown no ability to do that.

I drank the koolaid last summer, and I woke up with a huuuuge hangover this fall. I won't drink anything else until the Buffs saddle up, win something worthwhile and pop open champagne to celebrate...

although on paper, there may be reason to be optimistic with returning experience/talent ect, i have not one shred of confidence that this staff has any ability to coach up the talent to meet expectations, nor of thier decision making on game day to properly use the talent/put them in position to win.

if a new staff were coming in, i would think there would be great reason for optimisim. but, there is not a new staff on the horizon so i believe we need only look at the last 4 years to see what year 5 will be like. talent on the bench, suspect play calling/game planning, lack of adjustments and continued self inflicted wounds destroying any sort of chance to win games. you know.... the little things. :huh:

I would love to let myself think that there is reason to be optimistic. There is a ton of talent returning and where we lose senior talent, I feel like the guys that should be replacing them could be as good or better. That said, this staff has proven to me that I should not be optimistic and that they will find a way to piss it away. For that reason, I'm expecting next year to be another atrocious year. They (the coaches and the players) have to prove it to me that they know how to win.

I would love to let myself think that there is reason to be optimistic. There is a ton of talent returning and where we lose senior talent, I feel like the guys that should be replacing them could be as good or better. That said, this staff has proven to me that I should not be optimistic and that they will find a way to piss it away. For that reason, I'm expecting next year to be another atrocious year. They (the coaches and the players) have to prove it to me that they know how to win.
I think all of us, from the most optomistic to the most pessimistic feel pretty much the same in that regard. This staff and team have to prove themselves.

Exactly. Well said.

I'm done with the Koolaid in the Hawk era. It's been tainted with fantasyland poison. If someone else wants to continue as the official taster that's fine.

I'm not going to be a Negative Nancy about this either. The decision has been made...he stays....fine. But from here on out Hawk gets judged strictly on results by me, not on possibilities or potential. Results in recruiting, results on the scoreboard, results in national respect. Just results. And I won't be easily [STRIKE]fooled[/STRIKE] impressed.

You're coach next year Hawkins....then do it, no more excuses or almosts.

I'm done with the Koolaid in the Hawk era. It's been tainted with fantasyland poison. If someone else wants to continue as the official taster that's fine.

I'm not going to be a Negative Nancy about this either. The decision has been made...he stays....fine. But from here on out Hawk gets judged strictly on results by me, not on possibilities or potential. Results in recruiting, results on the scoreboard, results in national respect. Just results. And I won't be easily [STRIKE]fooled[/STRIKE] impressed.

You're coach next year Hawkins....then do it, no more excuses or almosts.

I believe this is where everyone should be.

I'm sure I'll be focusing on the positives and reasons to be excited for next season, but I won't believe we're a good team until I see it proved in the win column.

Back