What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon Game...

I'm afriad this will be a matchup fo the MASH units.

In that case, whomever starts Klinger will win.

KlingerS3-31-.JPG

How is everyone? Its been a while since I have dropped by and I wasn't even sure I wanted too after the ****ing debacle I witnessed yesterday. Given where our teams were only a few years ago this is going to be painful, but I fully expect Colorado to kick the **** out of my Ducks. It looks like you wont have to face Royce Freeman, you will be facing 5 freshman on the OL, a defense that is god awful and we will be missing our do it all player Charles Nelson. Oh and the most important key to your success is our HC.... I knew Helfrich would be the downfall of Oregon as soon as we hired him, but given the offensive talent he had I didn't think it would be this fast.
Good!

I really like the matchup we have with Carrell, Samson and Tupou against their offensive line. Gilbert and Falo will also match up a lot better on the outside against Oregon than a team like Michigan. Offensively, need to go run/read option heavy with Montez. They should struggle containing the run game if we commit to it and then need to hit a couple deep balls. It all comes down to how effective we are on offense and controlling the clock do give the d some rest against the tempo of Oregon.

Gilbert has the talent to contain the edge, its all mental with him though. He needs to step up. We need the light bulb to come on for him.

Getting Falo back will be a big help, and hopefully Lewis is getting close to being ready. We need more speed from our LB's. Offensively we can burn UO, if Sefo is healthy or if Montez can get ready mentally.

This game is ripe for the taking.

The edges worry me but we can win this game.
We aren't going to see another team as physical as Michigan until we play Stanford, and they probably aren't as talented up front as Michigan this year considering they lost most of their offensive line. Shaver needs to step up big time, he has the strength to hold the edge but doesn't seem to have taken that next step yet. I also think Leo Jackson can play that role somewhat, not on passing downs but he can give you some snaps there.

Gilbert has the talent to contain the edge, its all mental with him though. He needs to step up. We need the light bulb to come on for him.

Getting Falo back will be a big help, and hopefully Lewis is getting close to being ready. We need more speed from our LB's. Offensively we can burn UO, if Sefo is healthy or if Montez can get ready mentally.

This game is ripe for the taking.
Gilbert is more of a pass rusher, not a shock he struggled physically against a team like Michigan. Also doesn't make him look good when the backers can't scrape. KO was the only one who came to play out of the inside backers on Saturday. Need to get Bish there ASAP.

I didn't say you're wrong, but you doing know what he's capable of.

I know. But I could fix those ladies' hair and have then reading and writing in no time. It's my "helping" side emerging.

Actually I did get banned for 3 days one time for critiquing a recruit kind of harshly outside of Barzil. That was on me.

It seemed like we had a lot of arm tackling as the game wore on, or maybe Peppers is just that slippery and fast. The thing is, Oregon also has fast, slippery guys. So as always, I'm worried about team speed but also tackling.

Go watch CU-Michigan until our starting QB goes out and tell me Colorado can't go toe to toe with a much inferior Oregon team in their house.

What is frustrating me the most is the general public sees the final score. Most probably don't even know that Colorado flat dominated Michigan the first 15 minutes, hung with them until midway through the 3rd and answered 2 Michigan scores.

What is frustrating me the most is the general public sees the final score. Most probably don't even know that Colorado flat dominated Michigan the first 15 minutes, hung with them until midway through the 3rd and answered 2 Michigan scores.
Probably because the only highlight that accompanied the game in the top 25 score round up wast the peppers punt return...

Beat Oregon and the narrative of the Michigan game changes. It keeps changing if CU and Michigan both keep winning. At a certain point, if CU is understood as a good team, the truth of that game has to come out... that CU badly lost on special teams but was up in the 3rd quarter when Sefo got hurt.

Mac post practice:

-Sefo moving around better today than he did yesterday. Day to day status though. Did not practice today.
-Team came out and practiced fast and crisp today. No indication of getting down on themselves after Saturday

Back