What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State Pregame Thread

I don't know if this is a "must win game" but it certainly is a "must not lose game". Oregon State is not good at all and if we cannot beat them it bodes bad for the season.

Captain Obvious Out...

Cool, we play to not lose almost every game. . .

Interesting stats from the DP. Apparently we had 34 players make their on field debuts this year and 18 first time starts which both qualify as 3rd highest in the country. I was thinking that we were past this point now that we have been through the depth building over the last 2 years.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...ns-numbers-help-explain-teams-troubles/34237/
We are past the point of starting multiple true freshman like in years past, but when starters go down, their backups will most likely be seeing the field for the first time. It speaks to the injuries we've sustained more than anything.

1. You sure? it's pretty close if anything.
2. "when healthy".
3. "far more effective" is a big stretch. Adkins had 2 nice games against crap competition. He was not great in the P12 slate last year. remember ASU?
Adkins carried the ball 103 times in '13 (11.4 per game), 81 in '14 (8.1 per game) and so far this year, 42 carries in 3 games (14 per game). Put another way, for total games played by the Buffs, in '13 he had 8.6 carries per game, 6.8 in '14 and 6.0 so far this year. I don't like the trend.

Interesting stats from the DP. Apparently we had 34 players make their on field debuts this year and 18 first time starts which both qualify as 3rd highest in the country. I was thinking that we were past this point now that we have been through the depth building over the last 2 years.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...ns-numbers-help-explain-teams-troubles/34237/

I'm so ****ing sick of this being the case.

Which I guess maybe points to giving MM another year, so we don't have to deal with so much attrition again.

Coach Leavitt has historically demonstrated unusual loyalty to the teams he's coached. I hope that trend continues.

Hopefully we can handle it this time. Oregon state doesn't have near the talent at receiver or o line.

I expect CU to try to take away the run. Mitchell is a better passer so that make the defense play a little more straight up. I think the key is how well CU's defense is able to shut down a poor OSU offense.

I would have our CB's on islands and put KO (if he is truly healthy) as a spy on the QB at all times. Put as much pressure as you can on this guy and stick with it.

We then need to start the game off with lots of runs and easy throws for Sefo (something similar to what we saw in the Arizona game). Sefo played a pretty good game last week and we need the same game plan.

Reactions: SBG
So OSU is going with dual QBs against us. I think Anderson understands that we can game plan against one, but not the change of pace of the second. He'll just figure out which one is effective and enjoy the implosion of our defense.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...gon-state-qb-situation-advance-cu-game/34252/
Does the back up run as well as Collins? The running aspect is what gives us fits and I'm sure they have been game planning for that aspect all week. Much easier to adjust to a pass first QB, mid game, than vice versa.

This is where I really dislike night games. I'm ready to watch Buff football in a few hours, not 10 hours from now.

This is where I really dislike night games. I'm ready to watch Buff football in a few hours, not 10 hours from now.
Yep. In RG's recent email, he addressed that fans and many coaches and administrators around the Pac 12 are not happy with the non-stop night games. I think this is going to change soon.

Think tonight all comes down to turnovers. Both teams are pretty bad, so both defenses should have opportunities to make plays.

3 weekends of Honey Do's getting checked down. Her dinner schedule isn't interuped. Mrs Skid is happy with these night games. If momma ain't happy...

Really? Moeller was hit by a car while riding a moped? Crap. Just heard it on the 1190 podcast. Out with a concussion. SIAP.

Really? Moeller was hit by a car while riding a moped? Crap. Just heard it on the 1190 podcast. Out with a concussion. SIAP.
Have to be ****ing kidding me. Another starter down (glad he is not seriously injured). This is getting to be a bad joke.

b71b83be5e26879b3f203e5e383a538a.jpg

Hey everybody I'm new on here I go to Northern Colorado but I'm a big buffs fan ask me any thing about CU football and I will probably know the answer. I think the Buffs win tonight 35-28. Brain Lindgren please take shots down the field we have Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo tonight since Shay Fields is out. Use your playmakers

Hey everybody I'm new on here I go to Northern Colorado but I'm a big buffs fan ask me any thing about CU football and I will probably know the answer. I think the Buffs win tonight 35-28. Brain Lindgren please take shots down the field we have Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo tonight since Shay Fields is out. Use your playmakers
Welcome, if you know the answer to tonight's final score that is very good news!

How do you spell our OC's first name?

Back