What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State

In Flounders defense, we are all pretty classless. All would have been forgiven had he simply added "Too soon?" To the end.

Oregon State has a toughness about them and some playmakers at WR (one of whom is a great return guy). Their RB is a load, too. Buffs better be ready to get punched in the mouth and to deal with some guys who can make explosive plays. This is a dangerous team.

Oregon State has a toughness about them and some playmakers at WR (one of whom is a great return guy). Their RB is a load, too. Buffs better be ready to get punched in the mouth and to deal with some guys who can make explosive plays. This is a dangerous team.

Anderson is going to build a very good team. His USU teams were really hard nosed teams. Very different personality that Riley, which is why so many players have left and why the ones that have stayed have struggled a bit. Once he gets that team rolling though, I anticipate OSU is going to be pretty good.

Anderson is a good coach, and he knows how to coach a tough football team that won't quit. They're probably where we were in 2013-14: lose a lot of games, but give some good teams a scare because of a "we're not gonna quit playing" attitude.

They'll be gassed in the 4th quarter and we'll get some points then to pad the victory stats, but they will have given us a closer game than the final score will show.

Sandbagging.
lou.png

Mac said post-practice today that Sefo practiced but is still not 100%. I wouldn't be surprised to see Montez start again on Saturday against a very beatable opponent.

Mac said post-practice today that Sefo practiced but is still not 100%. I wouldn't be surprised to see Montez start again on Saturday against a very beatable opponent.
He should.

Let Sefo get 100% and have him be well rested to go against USC. Getting Montez one more game under his belt would help the team out in the long run, and would help Sefo be his best to finish the season. It is a win/win IMO.

Agree with letting Sefo rest and get to 100%. We will need him against USC on the road and we know he is much better when not dinged up.

Tempo tempo tempo. If we start fast and keep the tempo high, especially with the game at altitude, I think this game is over before the beav's know what hit them. Then we just have to not let our special teams give them hope. We are clearly in the driver's seat in this contest.

I think OSU is a dangerous team that could take it to someone in the PAC this year. Victor Bolden is a stud and I have actually liked both of their quarterbacks; both of which have done good jobs given the collapse that is their OL.

Unfortunately for them, they are just not matched up well against us. Their strength in the passing game won't find any advantage with our secondary. Our LBs can focus on the pass rush and I think we will get alot of turn-overs. We need to avoid special team surprises.

What WyomingBuff said. We should handle them, but if we are too focused on what we've done rather than what needs to be done, we will get a very early dose of reality from any team in the PAC12 at this point.

I want us to come out and blow them out, but I have a feeling OSU will come out and play us tough. I think they have had this game circled since the beginning of the year as one of the few Pac12 games they can win. Like we had OSU circled last year.

A little more analysis - all stats from ESPN.com except SOS:

OSU Passing Yards/Game: 197 (98th in the country)
CU Passing Defense Yards/Game: 162 (17th)

OSU Rushing Yards/Game: 144 (94th)
CU Rushing Defense Yards/Game: 145 (55th)

OSU Total Yards/Game: 341 (110th)
CU Defense Yards/Game: 307 (36th)

OSU Points/Game: 28 (77th)
CU Points Given Up/Game: 24 (54th)

CU Passing Yards/Game: 312 (22nd)
OSU Passing Defense Yards/Game: 198 (41st)

CU Rushing Yards/Game: 211 (39th)
OSU Rushing Defense Yards/Game: 187 (90th)

CU Total Yards/Game: 523 (15th)
OSU Total Yards Defense/Game: 385 (63rd)

CU Points/Game: 42 (23rd)
OSU Points Given Up/Game: 25 (56th)

Strength of Schedule: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
CU: 40th
OSU: 53rd

FWIW: USC has played the nation's toughest schedule up to this point, per Sagarin - and UCLA is 3rd.

Oregon State never had the players; what Mike Riley did in Corvallis with MWC-level players was nothing short of a miracle. Gary Anderson looks to be much more average, but maybe he'll recruit better. It's going to be a lean few years for those guys, though.
Disagree. Riley always had a few really solid players on offense and he was very good at developing talent (especially QBs). He didn't have talent up and down the roster. Andersen is recruiting well but it's really bare right now.

Despite our recent success Oregon State is going to remember and think of CU as one of the PAC12 weaker teams and a chance for a win.

They know they aren't good but have enough pride that they want to get some wins. They could show up against us ready to go.

We need to dominate from the outset and take away their hope. If we do that and get a solid lead then we have a good chance to spend much of the second half playing the guys we want to be seeing next few seasons.

Re-watched the game yesterday and now ready to move on to the Beavers. This game is huge for the program. Some big time recruits coming in, can get 4/6 of the way to bowl eligibility, can potentially secure a top 25 ranking, can double last years Pac-12 win total...

I am hoping fans make it to Boulder for this one. This team deserves a packed house. Speaking of which, this is happening.

CtVx5AGVUAE7wGq.jpg

Last edited:
Two room mates with cancer. Damn, I hope someone is investigating that. Seems statistically impossible for two young guys. Some things are bigger thAn football.

I hate wearing white and wont even tell you what my wife said when I said WhiteOut - but we will be rocking white. sacrifices

Back