What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon vs. Colorado game thead

I agree...but let's not call for people's jobs after this first season.

Where in that post does it say i'm calling for someone's job? Make **** up much do ya? I SAID TAKE HEAT. Can you figure that out or do you need help?

This program is dead. Sorry to say it but until the president says our priority is to win a NC we will be a doormat.

Jesus christ our greater coach can't even be in the ****ing homecoming parade.

The tailgate is great though.

Yah. I'm kinda wondering when they'll go Univ of Chicago.

At least we get the ball back? I'm working hard for you here, Hawtie.

I may have been wrong in my prediction. They may eclipse the Sooners 82 on us. Problem is I don't see us getting 42

This. Is. Embarassing. Thank you Bohn, HaLk, Benson and Dr. Phil, CU FB is now a doormat.

Embree needs to at least have the chance to get the majority of the roster be his recruits.

It is easy to look at the negatives of this team since they are right out there in front of us but we already have some serious positives to look forward to in the future that shouldn't be forgotten.

Our punter and placekicker are set for the next 3 years with quality players.

We have PRich coming back for at least one more and likely two more years, behind him Canty and McColloch look to be legit prospects at this level. Add that I'm really excited about the three WR's committed from Texas. WR should be better than it has been in years for us.

Tony Jones looks to me to be at least as good as Speedy and maybe a little tougher to bring down, our recruits again give me hope of depth.

At QB we will miss Tyler but Dillon is the most highly respected prospect we have had in a long time, Wood is already on campus and would have been welcome at a lot of schools.

We need some serious help in the O-line but have some good young prospects, need a bunch more work here.

Defense,

Henderson looks like the real deal at CB and he wasn't even considered the best of our young corners. We will be much better at corner when guys get healthy, also like the guys we are recruiting. Safety does need some more work

When was the last time we had two legit DT prospects committed like Solis and Henington (and another conditional), we have some decent young DE's on the roster as well.

We do need to work at LB but Norgard is a good start.

As bad as we are our special teams have gotten much better this year and improved athletes will make us better.

Most importantly we have a coach who will not accept losing.

This year is brutally hard to deal with but I honestly believe that we have bottomed out and are on the way back up.

10 penalties in the first half (with four minutes remaining). Ouch!

please get hirschman some valuable time. continuously playing a bad qb late in his senior season does nothing in terms of building for the future.

This might be the Sawtooth Ale talking, but I think that a 1st quarter 2 point conversion deserves a knee shot for every Oregon player for anything less than 5 seconds after the play ends; until they get the message that piling on has consequences. If they want to set a scoring record, that's fine; the result should be that we set a personal foul record. You wanna dance, duck? Let's dance.

I've never seen this program at such a low point. It is very disheartening. I'm slowly becoming indifferent and that is a bad thing.

This might be the Sawtooth Ale talking, but I think that a 1st quarter 2 point conversion deserves a knee shot for every Oregon player for anything less than 5 seconds after the play ends; until they get the message that piling on has consequences. If they want to set a scoring record, that's fine; the result should be that we set a personal foul record. You wanna dance, duck? Let's dance.

Probably just the Sawtooth Ale.

10 penalties in the first half (with four minutes remaining). Ouch!

This is my biggest gripe with the new staff. The only thing I can think of is that they are encouraging the players they have to just play aggressive. Or they suck as coaches.

We have NO speed.

Embree needs to at least have the chance to get the majority of the roster be his recruits.

It is easy to look at the negatives of this team since they are right out there in front of us but we already have some serious positives to look forward to in the future that shouldn't be forgotten.

Our punter and placekicker are set for the next 3 years with quality players.

We have PRich coming back for at least one more and likely two more years, behind him Canty and McColloch look to be legit prospects at this level. Add that I'm really excited about the three WR's committed from Texas. WR should be better than it has been in years for us.

Tony Jones looks to me to be at least as good as Speedy and maybe a little tougher to bring down, our recruits again give me hope of depth.

At QB we will miss Tyler but Dillon is the most highly respected prospect we have had in a long time, Wood is already on campus and would have been welcome at a lot of schools.

We need some serious help in the O-line but have some good young prospects, need a bunch more work here.

Defense,

Henderson looks like the real deal at CB and he wasn't even considered the best of our young corners. We will be much better at corner when guys get healthy, also like the guys we are recruiting. Safety does need some more work

When was the last time we had two legit DT prospects committed like Solis and Henington (and another conditional), we have some decent young DE's on the roster as well.

We do need to work at LB but Norgard is a good start.

As bad as we are our special teams have gotten much better this year and improved athletes will make us better.

Most importantly we have a coach who will not accept losing.

This year is brutally hard to deal with but I honestly believe that we have bottomed out and are on the way back up.

He has to ge his recruits in here. With scores like these every week maybe he doesn't get "his guys' in here. Solis I agree with hennington ? Need to find some lb's other than rippy. Secondary should be better with the injured guys coming back. Need talent and depth across the board, going to take a few years to get that but we have to let embree make it happen. Need better effort than today though.

I honestly thought oregon would have scored more by now - this is not nearly as bad as it could have been if they were playing any offensive starters.

So Gary Barnett gets fired for losing 70-3 to one of the best college football teams in the last decade...in Dallas. What happens when we lose by a similar margin to the 2nd best team in our conference ...at home.

I know it's not that simple, but Barnett's lat team would demolish this team.

So Gary Barnett gets fired for losing 70-3 to one of the best college football teams in the last decade...in Dallas. What happens when we lose by a similar margin to the 2nd best team in our conference ...at home.

I know it's not that simple, but Barnett's lat team would demolish this team.
No

Okay, I hate to bail on my team, but it's almost two in the morning here, and I don't see us pulling this one out. I'm a bad fan.

Go Buffs!

He has to ge his recruits in here. With scores like these every week maybe he doesn't get "his guys' in here. Solis I agree with hennington ? Need to find some lb's other than rippy. Secondary should be better with the injured guys coming back. Need talent and depth across the board, going to take a few years to get that but we have to let embree make it happen. Need better effort than today though.

I think this year he keeps the guys he has committed and picks up some others who are quality prospects. What will be important is that next season on the field we show signs of moving forward. Doesn't mean we have to win 8 games but we need to win some and be more competitive. If so it will be easier to sell that we are on the right track.

Henington may take a little longer to develop than Solis but he is a real DT prospect, a significant step up from most of what Hawkins brought in at the position.

It won't happen right away but we need better athletes and better players at all positions, I see a good start happening. Agree completely though that LB is now our position of critical need.

Back