What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU and looking down the raod...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
There were some bright spots from the game. Mahnke and Perkins looked pretty good at safety. I think that Brown has done a really good job bringing around the Browns, Jimmy Smith and the young safeties.

The defense overall look fairly good, again, but the offense continued to have struggles. Overall, I don't think the buffs played poorly Saturday night. Oklahoma State was simply a better team with playmakers at different places on the field.

When the buffs fell behind 20 to 3, I thought to myself who is the playmaker that will make a run for the buffs? I couldn't come up with one except for Josh Smith, who for all his speed, simply has not been a threat at wide receiver. Add to that he is banged up shoulders and the buffs are a Volkswagen in a stock car race as far as the offense goes.

I felt like the offensive line showed some improvement and actually opened some running lanes for Demetrius Semler, who played a very good game in relief of the other running backs. It is still painfully clear to me that Cody Hawkins does not have a Division I arm. I hate to say it, because he is the best quarterback we have right now. But a 50% completion rate with a 4.7 yards per attempt average does not speak of a particularly strong quarterbacking effort. Tyler Hansen, or somebody else, needs to step up next year or it will be more of the same.

The buffs definitely need some playmakers at wide receiver. The current set does not put fear in the heart of any defense of coordinator as far as I can tell.

I pretty much wrote the season off, as far as bowl aspirations, when the buffs dropped the Texas A&M game. I would love to see them upset Nebraska and get a bowl game, but I'm not holding my breath.

And, finally, Goodman breaks his streak....

Back