What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU or Alabama for NC against LSU?

OSU or Alabama

• Total voters
bama had their shot and they lost, I think bama oregano would be a good game. Do not want a rematch, boring unwatchable game the first time around.

To add a few missing facts:

The highest ranked team that Bama beat is the current #7 team in the AP, and Bama destroyed them.
The highest ranked team that OSU beat is current #11 KSU, and the game was tied with 3 minutes left.

Any team can win an isolated tough game here and there, but how would they do if they had to play ranked teams week in and week out? Seems like I've heard that argument a lot about a team like Boise, who played exactly one less ranked team than Bammer....

So all the SEC lovers here, did you want a rematch of Ohio State Michigan in 2006?

Controversy over No. 2: Rematch or new opponent?

There were many theories how Florida jumped Michigan in the final poll. Some sportswriters theorized that it was not a matter of which was the better team, claiming Florida had an advantage in the polls because they had played the last two weeks while Michigan had not, or that voters were swayed due to Florida coach Urban Meyer's "campaign"[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] to get Florida into the BCS National Championship Game.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] The fact that the difference in the final BCS Poll was due to human voters, not computer rankings, gives some credence to these theories. Other theories suggest that since Michigan did not win their conference title, they did not deserve to play for the BCS National Championship, or that a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State was not favored by the poll voters.[SUP][7][/SUP] The controversy was largely resolved when USC defeated Michigan 32–18 in the 2007 Rose Bowl, and Florida beat top-ranked Ohio State 41–14 in the BCS Championship Game.

The more things change....

USC and Florida were both better than Michigan.

Yep at the end of the year they were after Florida was allowed to play against tOSU and when Michigan let down against U$C. But they were ranked #2 when they lost to #1.

Pwned. :lol:

To answer all you haters-the voters knew Florida was better than Michigan just like the voters/polls/computers know Alabama is better than OSU. Most of you include fairness/compassion in your reason to pump up OSU.

You know we are better. You just hate it. Just think you will get to see an SEC team lose the BCSCG this year.

Florida disagrees with your assumption the tOSU is best team in the country.

It's awesome that we knew Florida was going to win that game when the final polls were being done.

One big reason Florida passed Michigan is because voters knew that Michigan didn't deserve a rematch against a team that already beat them.

The 96 Florida team beat 5 AP ranked teams including 2 in the top 10. Michigan beat 1 ranked team that year.

To answer all you haters-the voters knew Florida was better than Michigan just like the voters/polls/computers know Alabama is better than OSU. Most of you include fairness/compassion in your reason to pump up OSU.

You know we are better. You just hate it. Just think you will get to see an SEC team lose the BCSCG this year.

You have no good argument so you go with the "hater" smack. We bring up great points and even use evidence but you can't argue so we are haters. I'm glad LSU is going. I loved watching them. Even Bama was fun to watch but we've seen that game. The home team lost. Lets move on. I think LSU beats OSU in the championship game but I will still watch that game over Bama LSU.

It's awesome that we knew Florida was going to win that game when the final polls were being done.

One big reason Florida passed Michigan is because voters knew that Michigan didn't deserve a rematch against a team that already beat them.

So when Alabama gets the rematch you will admit it is because they know they deserve it?

:lol: Like I said you have no argument except you are a homer. There is nothing wrong with being a homer but don't say we have no clue what we are talking about and that we are haters.

But everybody agreed with his arguments . . . . .

on the Bama board.

:lol: Like I said you have no argument except you are a homer. There is nothing wrong with being a homer but don't say we have no clue what we are talking about and that we are haters.

The polls are going to say you are biased or wrong. I will let you pick which one.

So when Alabama gets the rematch you will admit it is because they know they deserve it?

No, because they don't.

Try to look at it without your menstrual blood colored glasses. LSU = Ohio State - unbeaten #1 team. Bama = Michigan - 1 loss #2 team that already lost to the #1 team. OSU = Florida - team that has played a tougher schedule than the #2 ranked team, actually won their conference, hasn't lost to the #1 team, and wouldn't be turning the MNC game into a rematch that at best would give them an argument for a tiebreaker rematch if they win. Clearly in the earlier case, the voters made the right call by going with the team that hadn't had their shot and had beaten the tougher competition to get there. If they screw it up this time, all it means is that they didn't learn from history.

The polls are going to say you are biased or wrong. I will let you pick which one.

Michigan might have a legal case if the BCS shows it bias against the SEC. They is no reason Bama should play a rematch if Michigan wasn't allowed one. Michigan had even more of a reason to play in the championship game than Alabama does.

I'd also be pissed if I was a LSu fan. What do they have to gain by playing Bama? They beat them on Bama's field. Bama also got to sit at home and watch getting an extra bye week.

Michigan might have a legal case if the BCS shows it bias against the SEC. They is no reason Bama should play a rematch if Michigan wasn't allowed one. Michigan had even more of a reason to play in the championship game than Alabama does.

I'd also be pissed if I was a LSu fan. What do they have to gain by playing Bama? They beat them on Bama's field. Bama also got to sit at home and watch getting an extra bye week.

this. It's hard to beat a good team twice.

badger.jpg

The chance to beat Bama twice in one year - THE GREATEST ALABAMA TEAM EVER - is well worth the risk. Even though we already beat them in their own back yard, it's something they would never get over. Remember Miles is 5 - 2 vs Alabama, and 3 - 2 in Tuscaloosa. LSU is just a team out looking for RED ​blood.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/CvrDrwxJhpg?

Last edited:
View attachment 8006
The chance to beat Bama twice in one year - THE GREATEST ALABAMA TEAM EVER - is well worth the risk. Even though we already beat them in their own back yard, it's something they would never get over. Remember Miles is 5 - 2 vs Alabama, and 3 - 2 in Tuscaloosa. LSU is just a team out looking for RED ​blood.

I'm not sure LSU wins a rematch with Bama

Back