What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 10/06

Well UW appears to be falling apart and are now taking cheap shots at the Ducks..... This game might get ugly quick with two straight personal fouls against UW.

Oregon should put UW players on the payroll, too. Tell them to go quietly into the night. Bandwagon.

Hey Cville, what's the deal with UVA? Not trying to troll, but just can't believe they lost to Duke. Do they have a bunch of injuries or something?

I think the UCLA-Cal score says all you need to know about the 'moral victory' that some were claiming with respect to the "close 42-14 loss" that our team suffered the last time they played. Keep in mind that Cal was 1-4 heading into the game.

Hey Cville, what's the deal with UVA? Not trying to troll, but just can't believe they lost to Duke. Do they have a bunch of injuries or something?

Haha no worries. A UVA loss is about the least of my worries when it comes to this football season

Not really surprised at all by the loss, but I am surprised they took a 3 point lead into half and lost by 25. This was supposed to be a transition year, I predicted 6-6. They lost a bunch from last season, and their secondary is as young and getting torched as badly as ours is. They also should have started Phillip Sims from day 1, but instead he only got his first start yesterday. He's going to be a good one and the loss wasn't his fault yesterday. Basically, they overachieved last year, and while London is recruiting really well, it just hasn't clicked for them quite yet. They should finish the season relatively strong.

Also, Duke is simply not the Duke of old. Cutcliffe is an excellent coach and is recruiting very well for Duke standards. They're 5-1 right now and set to break the bowl streak.

Haha no worries. A UVA loss is about the least of my worries when it comes to this football season

Not really surprised at all by the loss, but I am surprised they took a 3 point lead into half and lost by 25. This was supposed to be a transition year, I predicted 6-6. They lost a bunch from last season, and their secondary is as young and getting torched as badly as ours is. They also should have started Phillip Sims from day 1, but instead he only got his first start yesterday. He's going to be a good one and the loss wasn't his fault yesterday. Basically, they overachieved last year, and while London is recruiting really well, it just hasn't clicked for them quite yet. They should finish the season relatively strong.

Also, Duke is simply not the Duke of old. Cutcliffe is an excellent coach and is recruiting very well for Duke standards. They're 5-1 right now and set to break the bowl streak.

Thanks for the info, CVilleBuff. My son graduated from UVA. Neither of us has payed much attention this year. I haven't because Notre Dame is great. He hasn't because he has been too busy. I just old him this morning that Duke was pretty good when he expressed dismay at losing to those guys.

Pitt put up 34 but 21 of those were due to interceptions.

UNC/NCSU will be a close shootout. Toss-up. Playing on the road is a different animal. Regardless, they likely lose at Clemson and 6-2 doesn't get them anywhere unless FSU falls apart.

Catching up on this past weekend's games after my camping trip to Talladega...

That was just like one of O'Brien's NCSU teams to pull out a win like that, yet they will continue to lose games they shouldn't. Not that it means much but State has had UNC's number the past 5 years. NCSU will lost at least 2 more. I bet they lose one of the next 2 either at Maryland or at UNC, and I completely agree that they'll lose in Death Valley. Either Miami or VT will win the Coastal.

I'm starting to get worried about ND continuing to win although I remain convinced they still haven't beaten anyone that's very good. Maybe Michigan, but ND's win over them was more a factor of Michigan playing like **** than ND playing good. On the other hand I'd love to hear the uproar if they were to go undefeated and miss out on the MNC game, and that would happen if Oregon and the SEC champ end up being undefeated. The WV/KSU winner would probably stay ahead of them too if they were to run the table. It sounds like ND's defense is playing very well though because they shut down a Miami offense was has been on fire the past few weeks.

South Carolina's performance was a real eye-opener because I wasn't sure if they were for real. Connor Shaw has been playing very well since the opener against Vandy. They don't throw the ball much but he's been very efficient when they do throw it. The problem is they still have games @Florida, @LSU, and @Clemson, and I can't see them getting thru those 3 without a loss.

And what a big win for WV on the road. They still have to play KSU and OU but get them both at home, and of course they wouldn't have to worry about playing a conference championship game. But with a defense that bad it's more likely than not that will catch up with them somewhere down the road.

Back