What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/10 - 10/14

ugh. Lanning gives me the heebee jeebies. But he did say this, which I can’t bash him for.

“I think this game is 100% on me,” Lanning said in his postgame news conference. "I don’t think you guys have to look anywhere else besides me.”
Lanning is a good coach. I don't know how can anyone deny this if they follow this Oregon team for multiple years. Ya he has punchable face to other fan base, but that's not something he should worry about

ugh. Lanning gives me the heebee jeebies. But he did say this, which I can’t bash him for.

“I think this game is 100% on me,” Lanning said in his postgame news conference. "I don’t think you guys have to look anywhere else besides me.”
they are recruiting lights out and already have completely upgraded their physicality and ability to be competitive at an elite level. i think they have better prospects over the next few years than uw.

Lanning is a good coach. I don't know how can anyone deny this if they follow this Oregon team for multiple years. Ya he has punchable face to other fan base, but that's not something he should worry about
Oregon’s baseline is 10-2. A good coach goes 12-0, a Helfrich type coach crashes the sports car. Is Lanning a good coach? Probably not.

Oregon’s baseline is 10-2. A good coach goes 12-0, a Helfrich type coach crashes the sports car. Is Lanning a good coach? Probably not.

UO's baseline is about to change with the move to Big 10. had some easy pickins with USC and UCLA being down and great coaching from Belotti and Chip.....and obs the Nike money. I am not a fan of Oregon sports but I respect that.

I do agree that Lanning's physicality is a good first step for them. I thought Helfrich sucked (and continues to suck as an analyst on telecasts and he sucked with pound it launch it Danny Hawkins).....Willie Taggert, nice one***, and I think Mario Cristobal sucks too. rich man's Manny Diaz. all the money in the world and **** up 3 times in a row.

like another team I know and love, bad hiring history at UO. maybe got lucky with Lanning.

***no one has had a more downward spiral career than Willie Taggert (which made me really uncomfortable when we hired one of his guys).....but Willie is getting a NFL paycheck now with Baltimore which means you can get fired a number of times and still drink Don Julio and send your kids to fancy private school.....)

Last edited:
Regarding UNLV, it looks like we were right about Brennan Marion being a major young talent as an OC. 14th in the nation in scoring offense.
Depending on what Sean Lewis does the rest of the season…I wonder if Prime is keeping an ear to the ground on Marion?

harbaugh cheating again?

har-har-hardy-har har.
His outright denial rings a bit hollow after coming off suspension for blatantly lying about things in his previous denial of an NCAA inquiry.

I think there's a good chance this is the final season he works as a college coach.

Disagree. A great recruiter, jury out on his coaching ability. He's built the program up talent wise where they should be where they are. But 0-3 against his rivals, losing the exact same way every time, you can't just shrug that off.

Let's see where UO goes from here. TBH, with the way they've built up their talent and program, it's entirely possible Lanning turns the page and they become a CFP contender. UO could also pull an OU, fire the lights out recruiter who couldn't get it done on the field, hire a great gameday coach, and win a natty. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

They go to Utah but probably don't have to face Rising, then get USC and OSU at home, so getting into the CCG is completely within the realm of possibility. They should face UW again, so Lanning still has his shot.

A great recruiter, jury out on his coaching ability
This can be used to describe a lot of good coaches.

During his time in Oregon, he turned his roster to be SEC level talent, he instilled discipline into the team, and he corrected a lot of problems they had (bad tackling, bad secondary techniques). The performance they put on the field is so much better than last year, even without Dillingham.

I think it's okay to wait until CCG to judge him, personally I like the trajectory Oregon has under him.

His outright denial rings a bit hollow after coming off suspension for blatantly lying about things in his previous denial of an NCAA inquiry.

I think there's a good chance this is the final season he works as a college coach.

I guess I think this is an issue because people hate Harbaugh. College teams literally broadcast their signals with pictures of tacos and the Burger King. You can't tell me that every team doesn't have guys tracking the signals and plays of the teams they play against, and if they don't, they're dumb. By the same token, teams that don't change their signal from week to week are dumb too.

I guess I think this is an issue because people hate Harbaugh. College teams literally broadcast their signals with pictures of tacos and the Burger King. You can't tell me that every team doesn't have guys tracking the signals and plays of the teams they play against, and if they don't, they're dumb. By the same token, teams that don't change their signal from week to week are dumb too.

Some of the hate for Harbaugh though is that he doesn't think the rules apply to him, he has a history.

You can steal all the signs you want, you can read keys and pick up on player tendencies even as subtle as a receiver rubbing his hands or adjusting his wristbands if he is the primary or a guard setting then widening his stance if it is going to be an outside run.

The NCAA has a specific rule that prohibits teams from scouting future opponents in person and in electronically recording signals for scouting purposes. Michigan had a football staffer attending opponents games in person and specifically recording the signals. It is hard for me to believe that Harbaugh didn't know this was happening and endorse it.

Some of the hate for Harbaugh though is that he doesn't think the rules apply to him, he has a history.

You can steal all the signs you want, you can read keys and pick up on player tendencies even as subtle as a receiver rubbing his hands or adjusting his wristbands if he is the primary or a guard setting then widening his stance if it is going to be an outside run.

The NCAA has a specific rule that prohibits teams from scouting future opponents in person and in electronically recording signals for scouting purposes. Michigan had a football staffer attending opponents games in person and specifically recording the signals. It is hard for me to believe that Harbaugh didn't know this was happening and endorse it.

I get all that, I just don't see it being only Michigan. Again it goes to the fact that teams advertise their signals because they think that the benefit of going fast outweighs the cost of the other team potentially reading their signals. It also goes back to, if you do that, and you don't change them from week to week, that's as much on you as it is the other team. I mean, for crying out loud.

I am in no way a Harbaugh apologist. I'm just saying that if certain other coaches did the same thing (and I bet they probably are), the NCAA would find a way to blow it off.

IMO, if you're worried that the other team is looking at your barbecue and hamburger signs and figuring out what you're doing with them, change it up before you play them. Again, if you're signaling in plays that way, and you're not assuming that the other team is seeing what your signals mean from previous games, you're not doing your job right.

I get all that, I just don't see it being only Michigan. Again it goes to the fact that teams advertise their signals because they think that the benefit of going fast outweighs the cost of the other team potentially reading their signals. It also goes back to, if you do that, and you don't change them from week to week, that's as much on you as it is the other team. I mean, for crying out loud.

I am in no way a Harbaugh apologist. I'm just saying that if certain other coaches did the same thing (and I bet they probably are), the NCAA would find a way to blow it off.

IMO, if you're worried that the other team is looking at your barbecue and hamburger signs and figuring out what you're doing with them, change it up before you play them. Again, if you're signaling in plays that way, and you're not assuming that the other team is seeing what your signals mean from previous games, you're not doing your job right.
Of course it isn't just Michigan. Nobody cares if Nebraska steals your signals, they aren't going to beat you anyway.

Again though it isn't the stealing signals. There is no way to determine if you called a defense because you knew the play from the sign boards, had figured out the tendency from watching the legally traded game films, or because you figured out that when the QB taps the center twice on the butt without realizing it he is going deep.

The issue is having a live scout at a future opponent and using electronic devices to record their signals, both of which are expressly prohibited by the rules.

And yes if you don't build some variety into your signals you are dumb but if your opponent is following the rules you don't have to have a new language every week. NCAA rules also limit the number of hours players can spend in practice and in organized meetings.

This isn't giving a kid a warm coat or a candy bar. This is something that gives a team an unfair advantage over an opponent. Harbaugh has a history.

Of course it isn't just Michigan. Nobody cares if Nebraska steals your signals, they aren't going to beat you anyway.

Again though it isn't the stealing signals. There is no way to determine if you called a defense because you knew the play from the sign boards, had figured out the tendency from watching the legally traded game films, or because you figured out that when the QB taps the center twice on the butt without realizing it he is going deep.

The issue is having a live scout at a future opponent and using electronic devices to record their signals, both of which are expressly prohibited by the rules.

And yes if you don't build some variety into your signals you are dumb but if your opponent is following the rules you don't have to have a new language every week. NCAA rules also limit the number of hours players can spend in practice and in organized meetings.

This isn't giving a kid a warm coat or a candy bar. This is something that gives a team an unfair advantage over an opponent. Harbaugh has a history.
Hmm. Feels like a lot here taking MSU as the sentimental pick for Mel this week.

Wow. Michigan pummeling Michigan State in Lansing. How much does MSU regret firing Tucker?

Back