What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/15.

Nubs gave up 408 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns to Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon today.

Ha.

Utes are definitely good. Stanford definitely not as good as recent history. Fair?

Of course that's fair. We beat them last year too.(I think they were ranked #5 at the time)

It is just funny to me that so many here (it appears to me) to look down on Utah as coming from the Mountain West.

Therefore they can't really be any good... even with a 2004 Fiesta Bowl win and a 2008 Sugar Bowl win over Alabama. During that same 10 year stretch the buffs have struggled... and yet still... seems many continue to look down their nose.

Probably my own bias... but it still makes me smile.

Of course that's fair. We beat them last year too.(I think they were ranked #5 at the time)

It is just funny to me that so many here (it appears to me) to look down on Utah as coming from the Mountain West.

Therefore they can't really be any good... even with a 2004 Fiesta Bowl win and a 2008 Sugar Bowl win over Alabama. During that same 10 year stretch the buffs have struggled... and yet still... seems many continue to look down their nose.

Why wouldn't we?

It's not so much the Mountain West heritage (that is shared with ASU and UofA).

Utah Man is the worst fight song in the P12.
The drum and feather is out of touch in a world where the Washington Redskins is considered culturally offensive. More so where there aren't many native Americans on the team.
Utah is one of the few P12 schools CU has actually beaten in football and CU still leads the overall series.
Utah hasn't brought home many NCAA championships to the P12. At least CU delivered skiing and XC hardware and a few MBB NCAA tourney appearances.

Utah's association with cold fusion and Jeffry Dahmer and a mortal rivalry with the zoobs provide additional excuses to sneer.

Watched the Ga /awebern game. Dawgs manhandled 'em. Tigers looked like world beaters on their first drive, and egg beaters the rest of the game.

Arky just shut out LSU 17-0. I'm not a Bret Bielema fan, but it's good to see the Razorbacks get their first SEC win. Their kinda the CU of that conference ... played a lot of tough games and came close, but couldn't quite seal the deal.

Arky just shut out LSU 17-0. I'm not a Bret Bielema fan, but it's good to see the Razorbacks get their first SEC win. Their kinda the CU of that conference ... played a lot of tough games and came close, but couldn't quite seal the deal.

He's old school Midwest too, from that Iowa and Wisconsin and, through his former mentor Barry Alvarez, that University of [redacted] school of thought. Recruit your ass off on the offensive line and bring some big ass bodies in there. Strong walk on programs, too. That Dan Skipper behemoth from Arvada would look good as CU's left guard, and don't give me that "Maybe he's not good enough to learn that position in our offense" BS.

He's old school Midwest too, from that Iowa and Wisconsin and, through his former mentor Barry Alvarez, that University of [redacted] school of thought. Recruit your ass off on the offensive line and bring some big ass bodies in there. Strong walk on programs, too. That Dan Skipper behemoth from Arvada would look good as CU's left guard, and don't give me that "Maybe he's not good enough to learn that position in our offense" BS.

Not questioning his coaching ability ... just didn't like the way he left Wiscy after the regular season, and didn't even bother informing his "mentor" that he was leaving (the guy who gave him the Wiscy job in the first place).

Love the shot of FSU's coach and son walking off the field. Hey son, don't worry about rapes , academic fraud and leaving the scene of an accident. It's all about the wins.

FSU survives. This may have been the toughest match-up they faced in the latter part of the season. Would be a surprise if they don't go undefeated and make it impossible for the committee to leave them out.

Oregon state giving ASU all they want so far.

Playoff projection:
1. Florida State
2. SEC champion

From there, it gets blurry:
3. SEC runner-up/Big 12 regular season champion?
4. Pac-12 champion/Big Ten champion?

Beyond FSU as the sole undefeated at the top, there are now the following 1-loss teams. Mississippi State, Oregon, TCU, Arizona State (game in progress), Alabama, Ohio State, Baylor. Let's leave CSU and Marshall out of this discussion. It's not happening.

SDSU beating Boise, Sheep needed this to help them win their division since their one loss was to Boise.

Playoff projection:
1. Florida State
2. SEC champion

From there, it gets blurry:
3. SEC runner-up/Big 12 regular season champion?
4. Pac-12 champion/Big Ten champion?

Beyond FSU as the sole undefeated at the top, there are now the following 1-loss teams. Mississippi State, Oregon, TCU, Arizona State (game in progress), Alabama, Ohio State, Baylor. Let's leave CSU and Marshall out of this discussion. It's not happening.

Committee is going to look for any excuse to keep two SEC teams in, if they keep crapping themselves that may not happen.

All based on winning out but I think that FSU and Oregon are in the drivers seat. There will be at least one SEC team, question is who is the fourth

Committee is going to look for any excuse to keep two SEC teams in, if they keep crapping themselves that may not happen.

All based on winning out but I think that FSU and Oregon are in the drivers seat. There will be at least one SEC team, question is who is the fourth

It's hard to justify 2 teams from the SEC when you consider that they only play 8 conference games and all the extra losses they avoid by scheduling a cupcake instead of a conference game to fill that schedule slot.

I do want to add that I'm glad it's 4 teams this year. We haven't seen any dominant teams and it would be a huge mess if it was a matter of picking 2 teams. Better to have controversy at 4/5 instead of 2/3.

It's not so much the Mountain West heritage (that is shared with ASU and UofA). No it is not.

Utah Man is the worst fight song in the P12. Hahahaha wrong again
The drum and feather is out of touch in a world where the Washington Redskins is considered culturally offensive. More so where there aren't many native Americans on the team. Yeah cause Florida State is out of touch,The Utes have the tribe's support too.

Utah is one of the few P12 schools CU has actually beaten in football and CU still leads the overall series. Not lately.

Utah hasn't brought home many NCAA championships to the P12. At least CU delivered skiing and XC hardware and a few MBB NCAA tourney appearances. We have the second most skiing championships to your first. We will be back in basketball. We have more NCAA tournament appearances than you do.

Utah's association with cold fusion and Jeffry Dahmer and a mortal rivalry with the zoobs provide additional excuses to sneer.

This year we have beaten UCLA at their house, USC, Oregon State at their house, Stanford at their house, and soon we will beat CU at their house.

Here is a cool video made after the USC game... try to catch the fight song at the end. Notice the UTE tribe proud banner also.

[video=youtube;BfhdEpPBQps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfhdEpPBQps[/video]
The zoobs are better than you guys this year... oh and last year too. And the year before that... and...

Last edited:
Back