What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games -- early weeks of the season

hokiehead

Discussing music so others might think I'm human
Club Member
AKA, thread where @CVilleBuff and @hokiehead are allowed to talk ACC hoops.

forgive the loose use of the word "week" for week 1.

Today starts the greatest time of the year, when college football and college basketball seasons overlap.

Arizona vs Michigan State in Hawaii at the Armed Forces Classic. this is a great early test matching favorites of the Pac and B1G. Almost a shame it's game 1, as I think a lot of people would love to see this matchup over the holidays just before conference play gets rolling, but nevertheless should be good.

Indiana vs Kansas also at the AFC. damn, that event got some meat. Jayhawks have the top recruit in the land in Josh Jackson -- lots of anticipation to see him play.

I expect the Pac 12 to open the season 11-0 this weekend, with Harvard over Stanford being the best shot of an upset.

Virginia Tech opens against a really bad Maine team in a 9PM game that nobody cares about IS FVCKING SOLD OUT (first non-conf sellout in 7 years)!!!!! OK, Hokies have a home football game tomorrow that may be boosting that number, but there is a Buzz a Blacksburg!

Saturday, is still for football in November, but can someone explain why Duke is playing Grand Canyon?

UW doesn't get started until Sunday with a visit from Yale. Possibility that game is postponed if the Bulldog's players are too distraught over the election.

Monday features the week's next top 25 matchup with 'Nova at Purdue. I predict this is where the B1G's preseason rankings start getting exposed.

Tuesday,
Most eyes will be on the #3 Jayhawks following up the Indiana match with #1 Duke on a neutral court about as far east of Hawaii one can get in the US. that's opening a season brutally.

Other great matchups also:
  • #12 Michigan State vs #2 Kentucky at MSG
  • #5 Oregon travels to Baylor
  • #9 Wisconsin on the road to #22 Creighton //fvck that's a long road trip from here to a border state
  • Virginia Tech hosts High Point as their preparation for ACC dominance continues.

Wednesday's kinda light

Thursday has much of the Pac in action and must be the ESPN 24 hours of basketball with all the daytime games going on.

Valpo at #5 Oregon looking like the best matchup involving a Pac team, on paper.

===================

I'll plan to make another post ITT heading into next weekend. We'll see what we learn over the next four days and how solid the preseaon rankings are holding up.

NBC Sports 20 bold predictions for basketball season

no mention of CU and not much on the Pac.

link

I'd prefer it if basketball was only in the 2d semester. But this is a good time for sports.

Typical Oregon turning everything into a marketing opportunity. Playing Army on Veteran's Day. Army in its standard road unis. Oregon? Camo design for home whites and every player name on the back is U.S.A. Douchebags.

PAC-12 showed out first night. 10-0, with the biggest RPI win being Arizona over Mich. St. UCLA beat Pacific, so only so much can be taken from this game. But still, I think people are sleeping on UCLA this year. Lonzo Ball nearly had a triple double, Bryce Alford playing off-"Ball" put up 30 on 6/9 from 3 pt. and TJ Leaf 22 pts 15 rbs. Depending on the Trier suspension issue with Arizona, I could see UCLA being the second best team in the PAC-12 this year.

Yale looking to upset Washington in Seattle. Up 8 with just over 4 minutes.

PAC-12 showed out first night. 10-0, with the biggest RPI win being Arizona over Mich. St. UCLA beat Pacific, so only so much can be taken from this game. But still, I think people are sleeping on UCLA this year. Lonzo Ball nearly had a triple double, Bryce Alford playing off-"Ball" put up 30 on 6/9 from 3 pt. and TJ Leaf 22 pts 15 rbs. Depending on the Trier suspension issue with Arizona, I could see UCLA being the second best team in the PAC-12 this year.
Down 42-40 to Cal State Northridge, at halftime, at home.

Down 42-40 to Cal State Northridge, at halftime, at home.

Yale ended up winning at Washington. But Yale is actually good. Northridge was picked to finish 7th in the Big West. Oof. :confused:

Wow. Kentucky has absolutely dismantled and destroyed Michigan State. Watch out for Kentucky this year. They're playing defense.

UVA held their opponent to 32 tonight. They don't seem to be missing a beat, we'll see when the tough competition comes, but they look like a side ready to push for Elite 8 again with that defense

Uconn is 0-2 against some questionable competition. I know it's a new year, but we should have beat those guys last year.

Wow. Kentucky has absolutely dismantled and destroyed Michigan State. Watch out for Kentucky this year. They're playing defense.

Say what you want about Cal's coaching (and there's a lot to say), but he always gets a bunch of 5*'s with NBA aspirations to buy in and play serious D. He deserves respect for that.

Uconn is 0-2 against some questionable competition. I know it's a new year, but we should have beat those guys last year.

Losing that game was borderline inexcusable considering our early domination. Tired of ****ing up in the second half against quality opposition.

Wazzu appears to be our Pac weakest link. Beating a DII school by 5 thanks to ref home-cooking. Ok then.

Back