What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Jan 16-Jan 23

torero

Small Guards don't get drafted early
Club Member
Great game in Manhattan between the Squacks and Mildcats. K-State wins it 83-82 in OT. Winning basket with 25ish seconds left was a lob dunk out of the half court set.

Big 12 is a gauntlet this year.

Gonna be interesting to see what that translates to in the Dance. It seems that any year a conference has such a high number of good teams that a lot of them don't have another gear for the tourney and disappoint. Maybe just worn out.

Despite their record, K-State is an enigma to me. They definitely did not look the part at TCU on Saturday and they were turning it over worse than the Buffs. So it was surprise to see this morning that they beat KU even though it was in Manhattan.

Side note, conference flame out award will always go to B1G. I don't think B1G play translates well come March. I'll be interested to see what happens to Purdue this year.

I don't think the Big 12 will have happen to them what happened to the B1G last year. But I also won't be surprised if they don't land anyone in the F4.

Just googled to see what Louisville's terrible record is this year, they're so bad that google defaulted to the Louisville women's basketball team first.

For the record, they're 2-17. The women are a respectable 14-6.

Just googled to see what Louisville's terrible record is this year, they're so bad that google defaulted to the Louisville women's basketball team first.

For the record, they're 2-17. The women are a respectable 14-6.
It's not easy to go 2-17. To accomplish that at a historical program like Louisville is amazing.

Gonzaga lost to Loyola Marymount and ended a few long ass streaks. Hank would be proud. (y) Hell, I'm glad. I can't stand Gonzaga.
Loyola Marymount is one of the sleeping mid-major giants. All they really need to do is build relationships with the HCs/programs in the So Cal Catholic HS Leagues. You can't tell me they can't pull 3 guys a year from that which would make them easily a top half WCC program.

Didn't see it posted anywhere but Mike Brey will be stepping after 23 years at ND. One of the more likeable guys in all of coaching.

That dude runs one of the cleanest offensive systems in modern college hoops. Really pretty to watch. Sucks to lose him from the game. Hopefully we'll get him as a color guy on a broadcast team next year.

KU got blown out at home today by TCU

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

Just looked it up and I can't believe that this is Jamie Dixon's 7th year at TCU. I'm getting old. Seems he was at Pitt just a few years ago.
No **** man, I'd totally forgot about that myself. Not to mention Kansas doesn't get blown out anywhere really, especially at home.

The end of that Tenn/Mizzou game was ridiculous.

4.2 left, UT on the line up 2. Short arms the first shot. Then the most inexcusable thing I've ever seen - lane violation by UT before he can get the second up. Mizzou inbounds and the dude races up to hit a wild 30 footer to win it.

In addition to Arizona, another top 4/5 seed losing at home on a buzzer beater today is Miami to FSU. Miami had a 25-point lead in this game too.

I know Virginia hangs their hat on D, but they have next to nothing on offense. Find one or two guys that can get their own shot, they'd be hard as hell to beat. North Carolina is kicking their ass.

I know Virginia hangs their hat on D, but they have next to nothing on offense. Find one or two guys that can get their own shot, they'd be hard as hell to beat. North Carolina is kicking their ass.

UNC will end up getting into the tournament because the committee will favor them due to their brand despite the fact that they play in a very mediocre ACC. This was their first quad I win of the season.

EDIT: And then these shills on the ACC Network were just talking about how UNC is getting hot right now and this was a big win that should get them in and was a dominant win. Uhh, what? They lost 5 of their last 7 coming into today (1 of those wins coming against a terrible ND team) and this was their first big win of the season. And they only beat UVA by 8 at home, hardly a "dominant" win.

Last edited:
UNC will end up getting into the tournament because the committee will favor them due to their brand despite the fact that they play in a very mediocre ACC. This was their first quad I win of the season.
I know. To be honest, I don't think many will want to play them in the NCAA tourney where they will be seeded probably, Duke either. The ACC isn't what it's been in past years, but it isn't garbage. Both squads have quite a bit of talent.

I know. To be honest, I don't think many will want to play them in the NCAA tourney where they will be seeded probably, Duke either. The ACC isn't what it's been in past years, but it isn't garbage. Both squads have quite a bit of talent.

The ACC is garbage this year. UVA and Miami are pretty good, that's about it. NC State and Duke are decent but I don't trust either of those teams.

Back