What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games this week 9/13-9/14

Cal gets a long TD to get back within 21-7 9 minutes into the game. Great play, but I have a hunch it won't be enough...

The only way Cal stops the Buckeyes is if the Buckeyes give it up like they did on unforced errors.

Then Cal makes a turnover by throwing into a hopeless coverage for them.

This was inevitable. Wonder what Cal's massive recruit crowd thinks

That recruit crowd is the main reason I'm taking a break from my normal "P-A-C" fanboy routine and kind of hope that Cal gets mudholed.

A yes or no would suffice, jackass.

You must have direct tv.

There's no team in the Pac12 that travels like this. Not USC or UCLA or UO (look at the LSU vs UO game at Jerryworld). These guys have owned a newly renovated stadium on the other side of the country. That's impressive.

Still want Cal to beat them down.

You must have direct tv.

There's no team in the Pac12 that travels like this. Not USC or UCLA or UO (look at the LSU vs UO game at Jerryworld). These guys have owned a newly renovated stadium on the other side of the country. That's impressive.

No, I have UVerse. I can't tell from the crowd shots the percentage of OSU to Cal fans.....looks like mostly OSU, but thus the reason for my (apparently) idotic question.

all those offensive recruits at Cal (except for the QBs) have got to be loving what they are seeing.

That recruit crowd is the main reason I'm taking a break from my normal "P-A-C" fanboy routine and kind of hope that Cal gets mudholed.

Despite saying that, I am finding myself rooting hard for Cal. PAC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B1G

No, I have UVerse. I can't tell from the crowd shots the percentage of OSU to Cal fans.....looks like mostly OSU, but thus the reason for my (apparently) idotic question.

Haha, my initial reply wasn't sarcastic at all. Just lost in translation.

I was flabbergasted at the crowd shots. I would have expected 60/40 prior to the game. It looks like 80/20 tOSU. That red really stands out though.

Haha, my initial reply wasn't sarcastic at all. Just lost in translation.

I was flabbergasted at the crowd shots. I would have expected 60/40 prior to the game. It looks like 80/20 tOSU. That red really stands out though.

BUKXJ9eCYAALVY1.jpg

You must have direct tv.

Not disputing the number of fans that travel being hugely different, just would dispute that as an indicator of TV interest.

B1G fans have always travelled well to the Pacific Coast games. Those games give them an excuse to get out of their home footprint and go to places that are historically popular with plenty of tourist. On the other hand how many fans from PAC states just can't wait to visit Illinois or Michigan or Ohio.

Beyond this how big an alumni base do PAC schools have in the midwest, I guarantee it is much smaller than the B1G alumni bases in the PAC states.

I think the biggest issue with Direct TV is simply that they have a huge investment in their NFL Direct Ticket and aren't willing to extend their sports programing investment any further unless they are guaranteed a postive return with little to no risk.

I admittedly haven't watched enough Pac 12 network games to know if they are better, but I'm really not impressed with the Big 10 network.

I admittedly haven't watched enough Pac 12 network games to know if they are better, but I'm really not impressed with the Big 10 network.

I have been surprised at how much better the production value is on PACN vs B1GN. Those guys have had years to build things up and are in partnership with Fox instead of going it alone. But PACN is definitely a better product.

What I dislike about tOSU going undefeated (besides the fact that I don't care for them) is that the computers/humans will put them above Oregon if they were undefeated (and assuming Bama). Ugh. Can't wait for at least the upcoming 4 team playoff system.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Oregon is already ahead of OSU in the polls and with a performance like today against a name (albeit down) program Oregon will be in the top 2 at season's end if they go undefeated.

I know it's the B1G Network and all, but the analyst on that Udub game seemed to be actively rooting for Illinois. Sounded like a hometown radio guy.

What about the east coast bias though? Oregon plays a lot of its games at 9pm or later on the east coast. The b1g carries a lot of weight just because of their alumni base and history.

And I would argue that DTV is a national carrier. With large alumni bases that span the country this puts more pressure on national carriers to carry it. The b1g network does indeed suck much like just about everything that comes from the mid west.

I know it's the B1G Network and all, but the analyst on that Udub game seemed to be actively rooting for Illinois. Sounded like a hometown radio guy.

He is really bad. I'm actually surprised the game isn't on mute at this point. :lol:

And TD UW. They are starting to run away with this game.

What about the east coast bias though? Oregon plays a lot of its games at 9pm or later on the east coast. The b1g carries a lot of weight just because of their alumni base and history.

And I would argue that DTV is a national carrier. With large alumni bases that span the country this puts more pressure on national carriers to carry it. The b1g network does indeed suck much like just about everything that comes from the mid west.

Oregon took Virginia and Tennessee out behind the woodshed for that very reason. Living in the east, I can tell you Oregon is a national brand at this point. Kids saying their favorite team is Oregon, etc. The most negativity you hear is that their offense is a "gimmick", but it's beyond effective so who cares.

Back