What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread: Opening Week (11/7-11/13)

I have to imagine KenPom can't be too accurate trying to predict anything BEFORE any games are played, right?
Lots of noise early on. Usually anything before they drop preseason predictions (mid Dec?) is best with a grain of salt.

Nice win by San Diego over FL Gulf Coast.

Suck it, USC.

Also, I think things are continuing to build in the WCC. Similar model to the Big East, but still quite behind on performance and they've got too much overlap in the same markets. I think they need to add Seattle, Grand Canyon, and Denver to grab private schools in those 3 main western metros.

Watching some of this carrier game between MSU and Gonzaga, good game and pretty cool setting. I had forgot that Timme withdrew from the draft.

B1G without a team in the AP top 10 for first time in 45 years.

Source: graphic display during television coverage of WI/Stanford game.

Based on their multiple early exits from the tourney in recent years could argue that they have been overrated.

Okay, I'll argue with you on that one.

They're overated.

Your turn.
So we are in agreement.

Just looking at some recent years, and just going by memory, there have been some years when we have seen 6-7 B1G teams exit the tourney in the first couple rounds including multiple teams losing to lower seeded opponents.

A lot of B1G teams pile up wins in the OOC part of the schedule against teams from significantly lesser conferences (MAC, Horizon, Missouri Valley) then get credit from the voters in conference because they are beating "winning" teams.

All of the major conference teams play their share of record padding opponents but the B1G has made an art of it.

Kind of like the SEC in football.

So we are in agreement.

Just looking at some recent years, and just going by memory, there have been some years when we have seen 6-7 B1G teams exit the tourney in the first couple rounds including multiple teams losing to lower seeded opponents.

A lot of B1G teams pile up wins in the OOC part of the schedule against teams from significantly lesser conferences (MAC, Horizon, Missouri Valley) then get credit from the voters in conference because they are beating "winning" teams.

All of the major conference teams play their share of record padding opponents but the B1G has made an art of it.

Kind of like the SEC in football.

Oh, I thought we were arguing.

Based on their multiple early exits from the tourney in recent years could argue that they have been overrated.
I went back to find the graphic and was going to respond before your edit.

In fairness, the likelihood of me misreading or misinterpreting something is always high.

Back