What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread Week 4: Nov 28 - Dec 4

I fully expect to draw a 10-seed and have to face a Chris Beard 2-seed UT buzz saw in the 2nd round.
Well, both of them have a lot of length. Their bigs aren't stiffs either. Of course, both have good guard play too. Either one would be a bad matchup for CU I'm afraid.

Visiting family in Blacksburg and make it to the UNC @ VT game with my brother and nephew.

First VT hoops game since 2013.

Cassell hasn't changed much. Including showing our agriculture school roots -- two fan interactive games that led to a prize of bacon.

Sandman at basketball wasn't a thing when I was there, it was cool singing the first verse during opening moments of the game after the PA system stopped playing.

And, FIRST PLACE VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES!! great start to conference play.

CEC feels more like home, but this was great.

PXL_20221204_200429238_1.jpg

Visiting family in Blacksburg and make it to the UNC @ VT game with my brother and nephew.

First VT hoops game since 2013.

Cassell hasn't changed much. Including showing our agriculture school roots -- two fan interactive games that led to a prize of bacon.

Sandman at basketball wasn't a thing when I was there, it was cool singing the first verse during opening moments of the game after the PA system stopped playing.

And, FIRST PLACE VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES!! great start to conference play.

CEC feels more like home, but this was great.

View attachment 56495
realize nobody really cares, but this was awesome for me.

my brother and I had agreed that we'd either go to this game or to Wednesday's game vs Dayton while I was in town. He lives in Blacksburg, is a FB season ticket holder and has lots of ticket connections, but I knew UNC would be a tough ticket. Stubhub sales were starting at $240 last week when I looked (they were down on $80 by morning of game day). Bart told me he wasn't havoing much luck, and that something came up and he couldn't do Wednesday.

then yesterday morning, I get a text "I have two tickets". I'm overjoyed.

I did wonder where the tickets were -- unlike the CUEC, Cassell's worst seats are really bad. but I didn't care.

but then when we rendezvous at his house, he tells me we're going with Charlie and sitting in Charlie's seats. I know Charlie is a huge fan and long time season ticket holder, so I'm excited. What I didn't know is that Charlie works for a property management company that is "the exclusive student housing partner of Virginia Tech athletics" (as well as NIL sponsor for several football players, 3 men's bb players and one women's).

we were in row 2. you can see from my camera angle about where on the side line -- approximately midway between the top of the arc and half court. best seats I ever had for any event in my life at Cassell -- not even for volleyball matches had I ever sat that close.

I was immediately grateful that I chose to wear my best VT shirt and a new hat. I did feel some pressure knowing that at any moment there was a reasonable chance we were on TV. I'm usually a cheap seats guy and this was beyond awesome for my VT hoops homecoming.

VT controlled the first half and led by double digits at half time. then in the second half, UNC made their run and it was close with four minutes ago. I was flashing back to the CU/ASU game from Thursday. But Tech pulled it out and started defense of their championship with a win.

also, the VT football team had their Senior Day events cancelled when the UVA game was. They held those at halftime of this game, so it was cool to see a lot of the team and coaching staff.

going back to the Dayton game on Wednesday, just me and my nephew.

Last edited:
realize nobody really cares, but this was awesome for me.

my brother and I had agreed that we'd either go to this game or to Wednesday's game vs Dayton while I was in town. He lives in Blacksburg, is a FB season ticket holder and has lots of ticket connections, but I knew UNC would be a tough ticket. Stubhub sales were starting at $240 last week when I looked (they were down on $80 by morning of game day). Bart told me he wasn't havoing much luck, and that something came up and he couldn't do Wednesday.

then yesterday morning, I get a text "I have two tickets". I'm overjoyed.

I did wonder where the tickets were -- unlike the CUEC, Cassell's worst seats are really bad. but I didn't care.

but then when we rendezvous at his house, he tells me we're going with Charlie and sitting in Charlie's seats. I know Charlie is a huge fan and long time season ticket holder, so I'm excited. What I didn't know is that Charlie works for a property management company that is "the exclusive student housing partner of Virginia Tech athletics" (as well as NIL sponsor for several football players, 3 men's bb players and one women's).

we were in row 2. you can see from my camera angle about where on the side line -- approximately midway between the top of the arc and half court. best seats I ever had for any event in my life at Cassell -- not even for volleyball matches had I ever sat that close.

I was immediately grateful that I chose to wear my best VT shirt and a new hat. I did feel some pressure knowing that at any moment there was a reasonable chance we were on TV. I'm usually a cheap seats guy and this was beyond awesome for my VT hoops homecoming.

VT controlled the first half and led by double digits at half time. then in the second half, UNC made their run and it was close with four minutes ago. I was flashing back to the CU/ASU game from Thursday. But Tech pulled it out and started defense of their championship with a win.

also, the VT football team had their Senior Day events cancelled when the UVA game was. They held those at halftime of this game, so it was cool to see a lot of the team and coaching staff.

going back to the Dayton game on Wednesday, just me and my nephew.
They won, sure it was fun. North Carolina :D, there's 4 straight.

Slightly irked that Tech isn't ranked. hope Young can use that as a disrespect motivator.

Congratulations to the #7 VT women's team though.

Slightly irked that Tech isn't ranked. hope Young can use that as a disrespect motivator.

Congratulations to the #7 VT women's team though.
They'll be ranked after this week. Haven't seen their women play, heard they were good. They must be if they're #7.

They'll be ranked after this week. Haven't seen their women play, heard they were good. They must be if they're #7.
Women are undefeated. Won at Tennessee on Sunday.

I've watched 1.5 games, but can't say i follow that close.

Back