What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 4

For those that love a clash of styles...

UVA visits VCU tomorrow (Noon MST, ESPNU) UVA is the only power conference program with the stones to ever pay Shaka and VCU a visit. We'll see how it turns out. VCU's arena gets LOUD as it is, and that place is going to be an absolute hornets' nest tomorrow. "Shakaville" tents have been up for days. UVA showed a ton of poise in handling Maryland on the road by double digits in front of a riled up group of Terps chanting every expletive in the book on Wednesday. Two intense road games in a few days is asking a lot.
Shaka's "havoc" meets Bennett's pack line.

As a fun fact, Shaka and Bennett are actually close friends. Both Wisconsin natives, they have formed a very close bond in recent years despite the complete differences in philosophies.

That's a fantastic December game. We tip off with Wisconsin @ Marquette, go to UVA @ VCU, then move on to Gonzaga @ Zona. (Then it's on to football championship games. Great coach potato Saturday.)

That's a fantastic December game. We tip off with Wisconsin @ Marquette, go to UVA @ VCU, then move on to Gonzaga @ Zona. (Then it's on to football championship games. Great coach potato Saturday.)

I think this UVA team may be even better than last year's. Final Fours are damn hard to reach, but this group has a shot if it continues to improve. Kentucky and Duke look like locks, but UVA may very well be in that next category with Arizona, Wisconsin and whoever else. (Of course I've now probably jinxed it and they'll look like **** at VCU).

Justin Anderson, UVA's leading scorer, hurt his ankle against Maryland. Darion Atkins, a key post player, hurt his back. Both had to leave the Maryland game (which is a big reason why UVA never showing a sign of losing composure at Maryland was so dang impressive..the depth never seems to end) UVA has been coy on their status against VCU, but if Anderson is a no-go it's a major blow.

Let's take a moment to laugh at #17 Michigan for losing at home to the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Yep, the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Let's take a moment to laugh at #17 Michigan for losing at home to the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Yep, the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

That's the NJ MIT... but with a lesser emphasis on athletics. :lol:

I actually had to look up NJIT. Was disappointed it has nothing to do with ninjas

Not as big an upset as you might think. Marquette narrowly escaped, and they beat Duquesne (sp).

But yeah, pretty bad.

Let's not sugarcoat it. It would be equivalent to if Ohio State lost to Colgate today. This type of thing should not happen.

Let's not sugarcoat it. It would be equivalent to if Ohio State lost to Colgate today. This type of thing should not happen.

…And this was 2-5 team entering today that's been defeated twice by UMass-Lowell and killed by Albany..

Didn't NJIT have a record losing streak at one time. Or something?

Did NJIT give someone a run last year too? I feel like I've heard of them before - because of something like this.

It's time take St. John's seriously. Played Gonzaga tough (eventually fell by 7), beat Minnesota and now won at Syracuse

Steve Lavin's finally got an upperclassman team this year. They're gonna be tough all season.

Michigan ****s the bed against perennial powerhouse New Jersey Institute of Technology (Wat?)

Put it this way: I'm sold on their roster as a Final Four level squad... and then I hold back due to the Rick Barnes factor.

I found out watching that game Rick Barnes was 2014 Big XII coach of the year.

You serious? They didn't give it to Hoiberg last year?

Before the game they put a Rick Barnes graphic on the screen showing him with four of those awards and 2014 was listed.

Hokies are still an embarrassment to the ACC.

There are about 6 other embarrassment programs right now so don't sweat it. Know losing to Radford hurts a little extra though. Letting the poor little neighbors beat you can't be fun.

There are about 6 other embarrassment programs right now so don't sweat it. Know losing to Radford hurts a little extra though. Letting the poor little neighbors beat you can't be fun.

yeah. my brother and his wife went to Radford, which doesn't help. nice win @ VCU, btw.

Back