What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Week 4

Lot of things went into his failure as an NFL QB and not all of them were under his control. Bob McNair fell in love with him prior to the draft and envisioned him as the face of the franchise. He's a good looking kid who was also a very strong Christian. That was very important to McNair in the early days of the franchise.

Agree that Carr and FSU look good tonight and it would have been a tall order to beat them last week. But since I flew up from Houston to see the game, I sure would have liked to have seen us get a shot.

Big TD by Boise there to at least give themselves a chance. That stall after getting inside the 10 yard line right before halftime and only getting 3 is going to be tough to get away with in the end, though .

This is where you see Fresno's mental toughness. Lost 7 straight and 11/12 to Boise, most not even close. Predictably, the Bosie loss was in 2005. Other than that, every Boise win except '01 has been 10+ and some like 51 (twice) 50, and 46.

Last edited:
Very entertaining game. I guess they are really playing for home field advantage in the MWC championship game.

Just need Fresno State to finish out this drive and play a little D.

Haven't seen much D yet. Turnovers have hurt both teams but neither has made many stops. #1 is the primary WR target for FSU. Dude has quicks.

Absolutely and congrats to the Bulldogs! Great to see Boise with 2 loses

Difficult trips to BYU, Utah State still loom for them, too. They'll get their rematch with Fresno, but this may be a 4 or 5 loss Boise State squad by the time bowl season is completed.

Congrats to the Dawgs, but was seriously un-impressed by their "D". I thought DeRuyter was supposed to be a "D" guru???? Was also a bit surprised that Carr looked "off" his game; maybe it was all the drops by WRs. He looked much sharper vs. Rutgers. (I also noticed he married his mother's doppleganger!)

It would have been interesting playing them. I don't think they could have stopped PRich without some trickerations that would have left them vulnerable elsewhere and their run defense could have been just what the doctor ordered for the Buffs heretofor, anemic attack.

Also, don't forget their mindset in Boulder last week would have been a combo of recalling last year's way-too-easy rout and looking ahead to this huge Boise game...mindset is so important in a college game. (Recall those CU relatively easy wins over the Sooners when they caught the Sooners---win or lose---just after the Red River Shoot-Out! Or even Michigan barely beating Akron---thanks to an uncalled PI on the last play---after the emotional ND win. No way a 1-11 Akron team should have been that close!)

Last edited:
College Game Day.

I'm having mixed emotions here. On one hand the whole North Dakota thing is kind of awkward. But on the other hand, the excitement of those in attendance serves as a reminder that we're all proud of our teams, and enjoy the sport--even outside Tuscaloosa and Austin.

It reminds me a little of the scene in Groundhog Day in which Rita talks about the excitement the masses show for the celebration, and Bill Murray says, "It's what they do, Rita. They're hicks."

Three toes on the kicking foot? Damn. That's far more interesting than punting with either.

BsTGB9M.jpg

College Game Day.

I'm having mixed emotions here. On one hand the whole North Dakota thing is kind of awkward. But on the other hand, the excitement of those in attendance serves as a reminder that we're all proud of our teams, and enjoy the sport--even outside Tuscaloosa and Austin.

It reminds me a little of the scene in Groundhog Day in which Rita talks about the excitement the masses show for the celebration, and Bill Murray says, "It's what they do, Rita. They're hicks."

Three toes on the kicking foot? Damn. That's far more interesting than punting with either.

:nod:

If that was David Carr having an "off game," I hope Connor Wood is "off" the rest of the season.

Going to the Tommie Johnnie game in st Paul today. Huge local rivalry between two affluent private schools. Terrible football but one big party. Should be fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Back