What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread-Week 8

Anyone have an idea of what's really going on down at Grambling? Sounds like a total cluster**** down there.

I tried to look it up. Didn't find much specific to this situation more than has already been reported. On a bigger picture it looks like a lot of the traditionally black colleges are having significant financial troubles. They are struggling to keep enrollments up and are not getting donations like they have in the past.

Grambling made it worse by having a big accounting scandal in the early 2000's. There was some question about if they would even be able to survive it but they did.

As a result of the financial crisis they have been cutting big money from both academics and athletics. Lots of routine maintainence has been delayed or ignored. They have buildings (not just athletic) with leaking roofs, mold, mildew, and insect problems.

In athletics they have almost eliminated air travel, let the locker and training facilities decay, and failed to keep academic support up to standard. On the road they stay in bargain hotels and "economize" or skip meals.

The complaints of the atheletes are very understandable but at the same time the school just doesn't have the money. The excuse they used for firing Doug Williams as their coach was that he went outside the university administrative policies in soliciting donations to pay for a new cushioning floor for the weight room.

Pretty sure that was a typo, but it's actually 63-47 just to clarify for anybody not watching.... :wow:

Yes ... it was. Thanks. But the second sentence in my post is correct. Teams also combined for a total of 1323 yards!

Auburn defensive line came up big there on those last few plays. Great play by the linebacker running down Manziel on that 3rd down play

Our loss to ASU isn't looking as bad right now as it was last week. They're doing to udub, what they did to us and Wash is a much better team. Love to win next week and have the first winning record in October in years.

Condoms vs Notre Lame getting ready to start. Any way they can both lose?

My sentiment exactly. :thumbsup:

Although with USC's conference season already in the ****ter ... and Notre Dame still able (technically) to qualify for a BCS bowl ... I'm rooting just a little less for a USC loss. :huh:

Huh. I guess maybe our crushing in Tempe wasn't as bad as we thought.

Either way, I hate seeing the Sun Douches do well.

Anyone else think that maybe Washington is in play as a potential W for CU? I'd still say it's a long shot, especially away, but they are getting throttled by ASU so I am not sure I would automatically put that game in the L column yet.

A topsy-turvy day for the SEC:

Ga, Fla, SC, and A&M all lose, beaten by Vandy, UT, Mizzou, and Auburn respectively.

Now ... if Ole Miss and Arky can knock off LSU and Bama, the day will be complete! :nod:

Back