What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread-Week 8

I'm fine with Oregon State throwing/scoring however much they want. At this point, Riley might be trying to pad Mannion's numbers just that much more in order to hype him up. Plus, demoralizing Cal as much as possible can only help us by the time Nov. 16 rolls around.

How does it feel to hate the conference in which your team plays? Why not--just for the sake of argument--just root for 'Bama to lose?

I don't like Oregon and I'm not gonna root for them just because they're in the Pac12. I don't give a **** what conference Oregon is in, I don't like them. I don't like Nebraska and I never rooted for them either when they were playing for the MNC just because they were in the Big 12.

Although it doesn't really matter what I say because you already seem to have your mind made up.

And here it comes... Lou Holtz just said FSU was the second best team in the country.

EDIT: and while I know Lou is an idot anymore, his idiocy will be shared all over tomorrow.

eDuck has entered full meltdown mode after that defensive performance lol! That was one of the worst games I have seen the Ducks play in a while and yet they still managed to win big. Even now there are people whining, bitching and moaning about the outcome. I swear some of my fellow Duck fans are going to kill themselves during a down year.

eDuck has entered full meltdown mode after that defensive performance lol! That was one of the worst games I have seen the Ducks play in a while and yet they still managed to win big. Even now there are people whining, bitching and moaning about the outcome. I swear some of my fellow Duck fans are going to kill themselves during a down year.
You don't take your football serious enough

I don't like Oregon and I'm not gonna root for them just because they're in the Pac12. I don't give a **** what conference Oregon is in, I don't like them. I don't like Nebraska and I never rooted for them either when they were playing for the MNC just because they were in the Big 12.

Although it doesn't really matter what I say because you already seem to have your mind made up.

I don't like Oregon, but I like FSU and Bama less. I don't have my mind up about anything. If you've paid attention over my few years of posting, I'm always willing to change my mind when provided compelling evidence. But so far, I have little evidence to counter my suspicion that your regional bias runs very, very deep.

Gotta agree with you. I was OK with CU joining the Pac 12 for the $$, but if I'm watching a game I'd much rather watch a Texas/Oklahoma or a Bama/LSU than Oregon/UCLA. I've always liked Stanford but for me the rest of the conference is just kind of a big blob. Joining the conference didn't make it more interesting automatically.

Meh, if it's going to come down to Bama/Ohio St/FSU/Oregon, I'd rather Oregon get in and we see some of that money. It's not really rooting for them so much as it is the only option that benefits us at all.

Well, when your weekly discussion is focused on "What are we going to wear this week?" and "How many yards are we going to put up?," the subtleties of the game are bound to frustrate you at some point. Not to mention a week where your team actually stumbles and loses, which could happen.

And here it comes... Lou Holtz just said FSU was the second best team in the country.

EDIT: and while I know Lou is an idot anymore, his idiocy will be shared all over tomorrow.

I don't see the issue with putting FSU at #2 at this point. Their win last night was the most impressive by any team this season by far. T

he polls are a week-to-week deal and Oregon can solidify itself as #2 with wins in their next 2 games against UCLA and Stanford. Meanwhile FSU's schedule drops off quite a bit with only a game against an over-rated Miami team and then the season-finale against a Florida team that will come into that game with at least 4 and probably 5 losses.

I don't see the issue with putting FSU at #2 at this point. Their win last night was the most impressive by any team this season by far. T

he polls are a week-to-week deal and Oregon can solidify itself as #2 with wins in their next 2 games against UCLA and Stanford. Meanwhile FSU's schedule drops off quite a bit with only a game against an over-rated Miami team and then the season-finale against a Florida team that will come into that game with at least 4 and probably 5 losses.

I don't get it either. What's so blasphemous about those saying FSU should be #2? I must be missing who has a more impressive win than what FSU did last night.

Honestly have no issues with any of the top three. They're all damn good. Just glad Ohio State is not in the conversation. Bama, Oregon, and FSU would toy with them.

Back