What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games, Weekend of 10/29-31

Props to JT for testing Urb's resolve straight away

41 of 121 players on the 2008 national champion roster were arrested either in college or after? It begs the question of whether I want CU to take its football seriously enough. I mean, hell, I live in the community where the university is. I have a wife and a child. There are limits. If your program has to be like that in order to win to that degree, I think I'd rather be a lesser program. Not a losing program -- I'm willing to live with some degree of bad apples chances are taken on due to their talent -- but I think that unwritten CU recruiting rule about no more than 20-25% of a class can be risks on character and/or academics is my comfort zone.

41 of 121 players on the 2008 national champion roster were arrested either in college or after? It begs the question of whether I want CU to take its football seriously enough. I mean, hell, I live in the community where the university is. I have a wife and a child. There are limits. If your program has to be like that in order to win to that degree, I think I'd rather be a lesser program. Not a losing program -- I'm willing to live with some degree of bad apples chances are taken on due to their talent -- but I think that unwritten CU recruiting rule about no more than 20-25% of a class can be risks on character and/or academics is my comfort zone.
To be fair how many of those 41 were either marijuana offenses or things like minor in possession or public drunkenness.

While these things are illegal and I am not a pot supporter they are things that happen on every college campus involving tens of thousands of college students and unless they involve driving or other dangerous activities connected to them are not a real risk to the community.

What is concerning is things like the drinking and driving and even worse. Meyer knew that Aaron Hernandez was a bad actor in college and not only kept him around but protected him from getting in trouble.

You will never have a program free from trouble. Take any 100-120 non-athlete college males and over 4 years you will have a number of incidents, it goes with being that age and being away from home and surrounded by other young people.

The concern comes when you willing take and keep bad actors just to win and when you prevent guys from being held responsible for their actions base on their ability to help your team.

To be fair how many of those 41 were either marijuana offenses or things like minor in possession or public drunkenness.

While these things are illegal and I am not a pot supporter they are things that happen on every college campus involving tens of thousands of college students and unless they involve driving or other dangerous activities connected to them are not a real risk to the community.

What is concerning is things like the drinking and driving and even worse. Meyer knew that Aaron Hernandez was a bad actor in college and not only kept him around but protected him from getting in trouble.

You will never have a program free from trouble. Take any 100-120 non-athlete college males and over 4 years you will have a number of incidents, it goes with being that age and being away from home and surrounded by other young people.

The concern comes when you willing take and keep bad actors just to win and when you prevent guys from being held responsible for their actions base on their ability to help your team.

To be fair, 1/3 of a team shouldn't be getting arrested. There's no excuse for that.

To be fair, 1/3 of a team shouldn't be getting arrested. There's no excuse for that.

Not saying I don't agree with you but counting up marijuana offenses strikes me as sensationalism, especially since they included during and after their time at Florida.

I am much more concerned about the absolute lack of concern on his part over the types of offenses that can and do result in other people getting hurt or killed. One DUI (including DUI for pot) is worse to me that 10 or 20 "partying" offenses.

It is true though that Meyers tries to hold himself up in these interviews as running a clean program that is under his control and the sheer numbers of incidents would say otherwise.

The "after they graduated" part is very concerning to me, too. It means he failed those kids in his role of mentor and, sometimes, surrogate father. He's not developing men. A degree from UF is a very solid piece of paper that should be setting these guys up in life. The fact that it isn't points to a program that was using them like assets the way an NFL team does and then discarding them once they no longer performed.

Anyway, this is the "other games" thread and we should get back on topic.

Ole Miss vs Auburn is kind of interesting. Since Ole Miss holds the win and tiebreaker over Bama, there's reason to watch them. If they win out, it could shut the SEC out of the playoff.

Also, Purdue is up 14-3 on Nebraska in the 2nd quarter. Purdue is 1-6 (0-3) with its lone win being against Indiana State and a home loss to Bowling Green. I'm praying to the football gods on this one.

David Blough does not sound like the name of a successful college QB, he's the hero we need right now tho.

I cannot imagine how fun the fusker boards will be to read if they lose to Purdue.

Wonder how long it has been since Nebraska fired a coach in-season?

As if we needed more reason to cheer for Purdue:

http://thechive.com/2015/10/29/litt...day-gift-from-purdue-university-running-back/

Before the family went to check out, Fuller walked up to them with a the doll in a bag with a receipt. Shufflebarger said, “He came back a few minutes later with the doll in the bag and a receipt and handed it to me and said ‘This dolly is for you. I want you to have a very Happy Birthday and smiled,'” Shufflebarger said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska looks so BAD! So BAD!
Reminds me of Colorado at times. True that is. Only thing is. Colorado may look better at this point in the season.

TD Purdue! Purdue looks worse than Oregon State. Nebraska is must-see-TV right now.

ess6W8Q.gif

Back