What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/8

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Looks like a better slate of games this week. Conferences starting to settle out and teams jockeying for bowl position. A few games that could have big implications on the final 4 playoff teams.

K State at TCU could move one of those teams into position should other chips fall. Does old man Snyder have a championship run in him.

Ohio State at Michigan State could impact how people see the Oregon win over Michigan State. MSU wins out and that is a big OOC win.

Speaking of Oregon they have Utah who isn't a gimmee this year. Danger spot

Bama goes to LSU Lots of talk that Bama is poised to move into the top 4. LSU is very young but has lots of talent, could derail Saban at a place that is hard to win as a visitor.

For those who hate Notre Dame (like me) the PAC12 has another chance to beat them with them visiting ASU.

It's a great Saturday for college football, 6 games involving 2 ranked teams:
#12 Baylor at #15 OU
#10 ND at #9 Arizona State
#7 K-State at #7 TCU
#5 Alabama at #16 LSU
#14 Ohio State at #8 Michigan State
#4 Oregon at #17 Utah

I think ND in reality is in the range of #15-20 team but I still think that ASU finds a way to choke this one away, combined with ND having that knack for stumbling upon the undeserving victory.
Fully expect MSU to handle Ohio State.
I don't trust Baylor on the road at OU

Also I think UW beats UCLA-hoax.

11/8 Other games thread

Didn't see one of these yet, but Baylor is losing.

Therefore, a thread is needed. 14-3 Oklahoma over Baylor near the end of the first.

I can't exactly bring myself to say Boomer Sooner, but I hope Baylor gets crushed.

Wisconsin beating the stuff out of a bad Purdue team.

Hope that we can somewhat follow Wiscy's system of finding and developing linemen that even out things with some teams that are faster than they are.

Now they have been doing it long enough that the fast guys want to go there because they know they will have blocking and win.

And Purdues uni's are butt ugly.

B1G has some really bad teams this year. Lots of blowouts that aren't because somebody didn't show up, they are because teams are very uneven.

Minnesota now taking it to Iowa. 35-7 at the half. Jerry Kill is a great coach.

Iowa fans have to be thinking that Kirk Ferentz is the worst bang-for-your-buck investment going in college football. This was supposed to be a great year against a soft schedule, weak B1G, and favorable in-conference schedule. 6-3 after today is a huge disappointment.

Can Iowa afford to fire Ferentz? Forbes thinks so.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2014/09/16/can-iowa-afford-to-fire-kirk-ferentz/

Baylor getting ready to take a two score lead.

Boomers had high hopes for this year, going to end up with another disappointing season.

Oh and **** Baylor.

How can any Buff fan pull for OU? Remember Bozwarth and Switzer?

Bozworth was an ass but I respected Switzer. He didn't put on any acts, what you saw is what he was.

And it would be hard to find a team I didn't pull for when playing against Baylor, maybe Notre Dame or Pedo State.

How can any Buff fan pull for OU? Remember Bozwarth and Switzer?

I never hated OU. Not saying I liked them, but I never hated them. Always respected them.

I hate Baylor.

Easy for me to root for the Sooners in this one.

Wisconsin beating the stuff out of a bad Purdue team.

Hope that we can somewhat follow Wiscy's system of finding and developing linemen that even out things with some teams that are faster than they are.

They do develop quite a bit team wide, but they also have gotten some pretty talented Linemen. They always seem to mix in a 2-3 four stars. Seems like Wisconsin has more local talent than you'd think and they definitely run that state.

I hate OU....sat through the beat downs in Boulder when I was a kid. And their fanbase really blows. Maybe both these teams can lose today.

They do develop quite a bit team wide, but they also have gotten some pretty talented Linemen. They always seem to mix in a 2-3 four stars. Seems like Wisconsin has more local talent than you'd think and they definitely run that state.

they are a good model. Similar to Colorado their state puts out more linemen that speed guys. Unlike CU they keep the good ones home.

In recent years Colorado has had linemen go to Michigan, Auburn, Arizona, Kansas State, and a number of other places. A number of those guys were high 3* or better. If we had kept 1/2 of them our OL would be much better than it is now.

Wiscy had done it for long enough now that they have the reputation. Kids are willing to go there knowing that they are likely to spend 2-3 years developing before seeing any kind of playing time. They also have the depth built up that they never have to play guys before they are ready.

I hate OU....sat through the beat downs in Boulder when I was a kid. And their fanbase really blows. Maybe both these teams can lose today.

I get that sentiment, but that pales in comparison to the character assassination Baylor tried to pull on us. If Baylor could lose every competition in every sport they compete in for all time, that would be fine with me. I wouldn't mind it if their campus burned down and their president was convicted of diddling sheep too.

They can beat each other's meat for all I care, I hate everybody but us lol. Service academies I'm cool with, that's about it.

OU is blitzing Petty but leaving their DBs 10 yards off the receivers.

It's like pitch and catch.

If they're going to blitz, they need to try to jam the receivers.

Probably doesn't matter at this point. I doubt OU will be able to outscore Baylor by 17 the rest of the way out.

This has been a very bad early slate of games.

Most interesting is probably #22 Duke up 10-3 at Syracuse. But I don't get that because I live in the west. (I'm waiting for some of the folks on this board to go off on how unbelievably ****ty it is that the ACC has a ranked team playing and folks outside their region can't watch it.)

This has been a very bad early slate of games.

Most interesting is probably #22 Duke up 10-3 at Syracuse. But I don't get that because I live in the west. (I'm waiting for some of the folks on this board to go off on how unbelievably ****ty it is that the ACC has a ranked team playing and folks outside their region can't watch it.)

showing live on ESPN Goal Line as we speak.

Back