What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/19-9/21

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Leaves just starting to change, a little crispness in the air, the calendar says fall arrives on Monday and we are getting to the heart of the college football season.

This week we should see some great football to bring in fall in the Midwest. Games involving Nebraska don’t qualify.

This week starts on Thursday with Houston vs. Tulane in a game that should be better than it appears at first glance. Tulane is 2-1 with a loss to Auburn, Houston is a talented team that is 1-2 but only lost to (19) Washington State by a TD and gave (5) Oklahoma a decent game as well.

Friday night gives us Air Force (2-0) at Boise (3-0). Does Air Force have enough left after beating the Buffs to take a hold on the MWC. At the same time we have (10) Utah at (2-1) USC in a early critical game in the PAC South.

Saturday has huge games morning, noon, and night. Early is a Midwest classic with (11) Michigan at (13) Wisconsin. Michigan fans have high expectations, lose this one and the whispers about Harbaugh will start getting louder. He has won a lot of games at Michigan but not a lot like this one that really matter.

Noon brings (8) Auburn at (17) Texas A&M, lose this week and Aggies fans may look like their heads are exploding, but they do anyways because their ties are usually too tight. They may be the only school in the country that protest in formation.

Night gives us (7) Notre Dame at (3) Georgia. Somehow Notre Dame always seems to be overrated and Georgia has a load of talent. A decisive win by the Bulldogs can save us from another season listening to obnoxious Fighting Irish fans (Who like most Nebraska fans didn’t go to the university.)

Best of the other games may be Oklahoma State (3-0) at (12) Texas. Longhorns fans think they are back, Okie Lite wants back into the rankings. This one should be fun.

In the PAC (22) Washington will try to prevent the conference from suffering two straight losses to (2-1) BYU. Mike MacIntrye suffered a number of losses to (23)Cal as head coach at Colorado. This week he gets another chance as defensive coordinator for Ole Miss as the host the Bears.

How are Illinois and Nebraska the same? They are both irrelevant. How are they different? The Illini fans are smart enough to understand that. Nebraska is a big favorite (-12) but considering that the savior Frost has yet to win a road game coaching the corndogs that probably isn’t a smart bet. Vegas won’t mind because few have ever accused the fuskers fans of being smart.

What’s that smell? Can’t be fat old people in seed caps, they headed east this week. Must be the “rivalry” game of our neighboring state to the south. We have seen bad games but this one beats most. New Mexico is 1-1 but the win was a close one over mighty Sam Houston State (was Sally Houston College not available?) Their loss was only 66-14. New Mexico State has played tougher competition, their three losses have a cumulative score of 151-27.

Locally (3-0)Wyoming tries to stay undefeated traveling to Tulsa (1-2.) CSU (1-2) coming off a road loss tries to get back on the winning side against Toledo (1-1) without their starting QB.

In what may be the best chance for both 0-3 teams to get a win this season UNC host South Dakota after both teams have played very difficult OOC.

Huge game for our local small colleges. CSU- Pueblo which wants to get back into the national title playoffs plays their biggest game of the year hosting Mines. If you want to see what should be a great game be in Pueblo Saturday night. The winner has the inside track to the conference championship.

Excellent work.

Other than nd rolling through some of our brethren, this is the last of everyone’s ooc games.

I’m gonna say the pac did alright. Lost the auburn game, and got beat by a fair amount of mwc teams.

But undefeated against big 10. Beat some p5 schools, wash state didn’t lose to a fcs school this year. No super embarrassing Tennessee type losses.

Let’s finish off another sec team and BYU this weekend!

Leaves just starting to change, a little crispness in the air, the calendar says fall arrives on Monday and we are getting to the heart of the college football season.

This week we should see some great football to bring in fall in the Midwest. Games involving ****braska don’t qualify.

This week starts on Thursday with Houston vs. Tulane in a game that should be better than it appears at first glance. Tulane is 2-1 with a loss to Auburn, Houston is a talented team that is 1-2 but only lost to (19) Washington State by a TD and gave (5) Oklahoma a decent game as well.

Friday night gives us Air Force (2-0) at Boise (3-0). Does Air Force have enough left after beating the Buffs to take a hold on the MWC. At the same time we have (10) Utah at (2-1) USC in a early critical game in the PAC South.

Saturday has huge games morning, noon, and night. Early is a Midwest classic with (11) Michigan at (13) Wisconsin. Michigan fans have high expectations, lose this one and the whispers about Harbaugh will start getting louder. He has won a lot of games at Michigan but not a lot like this one that really matter.

Noon brings (8) Auburn at (17) Texas A&M, lose this week and Aggies fans may look like their heads are exploding, but they do anyways because their ties are usually too tight. They may be the only school in the country that protest in formation.

Night gives us (7) Notre Dame at (3) Georgia. Somehow Notre Dame always seems to be overrated and Georgia has a load of talent. A decisive win by the Bulldogs can save us from another season listening to obnoxious Fighting Irish fans (Who like most ****braska fans didn’t go to the university.)

Best of the other games may be Oklahoma State (3-0) at (12) Texas. Longhorns fans think they are back, Okie Lite wants back into the rankings. This one should be fun.

In the PAC (22) Washington will try to prevent the conference from suffering two straight losses to (2-1) BYU. Mike MacIntrye suffered a number of losses to (23)Cal as head coach at Colorado. This week he gets another chance as defensive coordinator for Ole Miss as the host the Bears.

How are Illinois and ****braska the same? They are both irrelevant. How are they different? The Illini fans are smart enough to understand that. ****braska is a big favorite (-12) but considering that the savior Frost has yet to win a road game coaching the corndogs that probably isn’t a smart bet. Vegas won’t mind because few have ever accused the fuskers fans of being smart.

What’s that smell? Can’t be fat old people in seed caps, they headed east this week. Must be the “rivalry” game of our neighboring state to the south. We have seen bad games but this one beats most. New Mexico is 1-1 but the win was a close one over mighty Sam Houston State (was Sally Houston College not available?) Their loss was only 66-14. New Mexico State has played tougher competition, their three losses have a cumulative score of 151-27.

Locally (3-0)Wyoming tries to stay undefeated traveling to Tulsa (1-2.) CSU (1-2) coming off a road loss tries to get back on the winning side against Toledo (1-1) without their starting QB.

In what may be the best chance for both 0-3 teams to get a win this season UNC host South Dakota after both teams have played very difficult OOC.

Huge game for our local small colleges. CSU- Pueblo which wants to get back into the national title playoffs plays their biggest game of the year hosting Mines. If you want to see what should be a great game be in Pueblo Saturday night. The winner has the inside track to the conference championship.

Fusker got that prime time slot on the Big 10 Network though! What channel number is that, again? I forgot.

That game is huge for Wisconsin. They win and they become a legitimate playoff contender. Their schedule is very manageable outside of the road game at Ohio State in late October.

Debating betting on Wisconsin. Klatt (who has that game this weekend) said Harbaugh is 0-6 as an underdog at Michigan.

That game is huge for Wisconsin. They win and they become a legitimate playoff contender. Their schedule is very manageable outside of the road game at Ohio State in late October.
Interesting contrast in expectations. Wisconsin has been hanging around in the top 10-20 multiple times in the past few years but I haven't heard a lot of discontent from Badgers fans getting impatient for championships. Michigan prior to Harbaugh was only averaging about 6.5 wins per season but Wolverine fans want it all now.

Either way this should be a great game.

Is Wisconsin's QB any good? I don't have to ask about O-line and backs, they always seem to have them. I haven't seen them play really.

Interesting contrast in expectations. Wisconsin has been hanging around in the top 10-20 multiple times in the past few years but I haven't heard a lot of discontent from Badgers fans getting impatient for championships. Michigan prior to Harbaugh was only averaging about 6.5 wins per season but Wolverine fans want it all now.

Harbaugh has them averaging like 9.5 wins/season, which 90% of college programs would gladly take, but he also hasn't won the BIG or beaten tOSU. That doesn't fly for a blue blood like Michigan.

Harbaugh has them averaging like 9.5 wins/season, which 90% of college programs would gladly take, but he also hasn't won the BIG or beaten tOSU. That doesn't fly for a blue blood like Michigan.
I thought they had everything in place to play at a top 5 level this year. They're at 16th right now in S&P+. Just not panning out.

I thought they had everything in place to play at a top 5 level this year. They're at 16th right now in S&P+. Just not panning out.
Beating Wisconsin this weekend would be huge, but they have to beat tOSU and go the to BIG Championship Game, where they'll likely play Wisconsin again.

Don't know where else to put this but I feel terrible for Collin Hill. He's actually a pretty good QB, the best CSU has had in a long time. Some people just have ****ty luck with injuries, as we well know here from some former players here.

I don't see CSU winning a lot of games without Hill, starting with Toledo this weekend.

Beating Wisconsin this weekend would be huge, but they have to beat tOSU and go the to BIG Championship Game, where they'll likely play Wisconsin again.

They're defense has been awesome, but their offense is putrid. I suppose they could get it figured out in a week.

Is Wisconsin's QB any good? I don't have to ask about O-line and backs, they always seem to have them. I haven't seen them play really.
Saw him last week, he is very typical for a Wisconsin QB (other than some exceptions like when they had Wilson.) He doesn't look outstanding at anything. Not an impressive arm, not a dynamic runner.

Pre-season a lot of the fans wanted them to start a freshman but Coan won the job. He looks like a solid leader and plays efficiently without a lot of mistakes. So far this season he has 5 TDs and 0 INTs.

Let's say Wisconsin fans don't tie their happiness to the success of the state's college football team like a certain state to the northeast of us. Was there last July and it's hard not to like the Badgers and Packers fans.

Saw him last week, he is very typical for a Wisconsin QB (other than some exceptions like when they had Wilson.) He doesn't look outstanding at anything. Not an impressive arm, not a dynamic runner.

Pre-season a lot of the fans wanted them to start a freshman but Coan won the job. He looks like a solid leader and plays efficiently without a lot of mistakes. So far this season he has 5 TDs and 0 INTs.
Knew they had the Mertz kid, Hornybrook left, so I didn't know who was even starting for them.

Let's say Wisconsin fans don't tie their happiness to the success of the state's college football team like a certain state to the northeast of us. Was there last July and it's hard not to like the Badgers and Packers fans.
I've met some Wisconsinites who live and die the Packers but even they aren't obnoxious about it. The Badgers fans mostly seem pretty cool.

Also easy to like them because of the fun I have each time they light up a scoreboard against that team you mention from northeast of us. They have done a nice job of not only beating them but of eliminating the ability of fusker fans to convince themselves it wasn't a loss.

I've met some Wisconsinites who live and die the Packers but even they aren't obnoxious about it. The Badgers fans mostly seem pretty cool.

Also easy to like them because of the fun I have each time they light up a scoreboard against that team you mention from northeast of us. They have done a nice job of not only beating them but of eliminating the ability of fusker fans to convince themselves it wasn't a loss.

I married into a family of Packers season ticket holders and UW-Madison grads.

They are pretty cool about things, don't talk a lot of ****, and are gracious in victory and defeat. The Badgers are a huge deal to them, but literally 75% or more of my in-laws graduated from Madison.

The state as a whole cares more about the Packers than the Badgers, which is why they're different than the Nubs. They have pro teams to focus on as well as college.

I will say this, though - UW matters a lot more in Wisconsin than CU does in Colorado. There's a couple of reasons for that - having the only FBS football team in the state and being a net emigrant state vs a net immigrant state being the two biggest ones - but it's a huge advantage to the UW program, imo, and it makes me a little jealous when I go there.

Let's go Mines!
I like Mines but pull for Pueblo. HC John Wristen is a former Buff coach and has done a great job building that program from nothing to a national champion.

Thunderbowl is a fun place to see a game. Mines built a very nice facility as well but the Pueblo fans are more passionate.

For all the fans who are tired of selfish NFL stars (and owners,) and of the "business" of big time college football going to one of these college games can be a great experience.

For all the fans who are tired of selfish NFL stars (and owners,) and of the "business" of big time college football going to one of these college games can be a great experience.
And with no TV timeouts, and a lot less traffic - going to those games is a *much* smaller time commitment.

I thought the Nubs were supposed to win the Big 10 West and make the college football playoff?

Knew they had the Mertz kid, Hornybrook left, so I didn't know who was even starting for them.

I just think all the preseason talk about how good Fusker was going to be and how much better than Wisconsin they were gave the Badgers a fairly large chip they could carry around lol

I just think all the preseason talk about how good Fusker was going to be and how much better than Wisconsin they were gave the Badgers a fairly large chip they could carry around lol
Are the Badgers any good? Pretty seriously thinking about Michigan this week.

They've outscored their two opponents 110-0 so far and have the best player in the BIG, and top 3 Heisman candidate at the moment. Yes, they are good.
I love Taylor. I’m not sold they can run on Michigan, however. If not, they don’t have enough explosion on the outside or at QB.

I think Macaffrey gets snaps.

I love Taylor. I’m not sold they can run on Michigan, however. If not, they don’t have enough explosion on the outside or at QB.

I think Macaffrey gets snaps.
That's traditionally been Wisconsin's problem when playing top tier programs. Their defense is legit, though, and I can't see Michigan scoring a ton. I could definitely see 13-10 or 17-14 kind of game.

Are the Badgers any good? Pretty seriously thinking about Michigan this week.

They didn't challenge themselves out of conference (I don't think USF is very good)-but Michigan doesn't look at all. If you handed me 100 bucks and told me I had to use it to bet that game, I'm taking Wisconsin and giving the 3-4ish they're favored by.

Back