What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/20-9/22

WSU @ USC tonight...South could become more interesting if the pirate ship the SS Cougar sails out of LA with no problems.

I don't believe in Mizzou yet. But they do have enough offense that they could catch someone good napping.

agree.

even a 10 win Pinkel team was tough to believe it. Mizzou hasn't stopped the run since Dan Devine.

still, the crowd will be up for it in Columbia. if the game were 30 minutes i might like MU....minus turnovers and ****ting your pants in the kicking game on the road no reason UGA shouldn't be able to run and play-action it's way up/down the field in the second half.

i didn't believe in UGA** last year until they pasted Auburn in the SEC championship game....Richt hangover maybe....but they took an early big punch from Mayfield and OU and went to OT for the NC.

**i thought the UGA-Notre Dame was one of the most mysterious games of the year....as the season went along.....both teams are usually WAY overrated.....and turns out they were pretty good...

kind of a snoozer week....really.

i'd like to see TCU beat Texas by a lot....but not enough to change my day routine to see it. TCU is a weird team these days to me. who knows what is going at UT with Herman?

Stanford at UO is interesting for us but i'm not going to change my life to see it.....a saturday when the buffs aren't playing.

kind of a snoozer week....really.

i'd like to see TCU beat Texas by a lot....but not enough to change my day routine to see it. TCU is a weird team these days to me. who knows what is going at UT with Herman?

Stanford at UO is interesting for us but i'm not going to change my life to see it.....a saturday when the buffs aren't playing.
Washington State at USC - tonight will be interesting
Nebraska at Michigan - almost comical
Stanford at Oregon - see if o is for real
Arizona State at Washington - payback?

I guess we should root for Wazzu tonight since it helps us in the P12 South race.

And, frankly, we need USC to be an elite national power for the health of the Pac-12. So seeing them bottom out and massive changes forced is probably what needs to happen instead of them limping along as a good program that's a pretender in terms of competing with the true elites. For CU, I also feel that we need them to be the type of program that we can put a real target on and say "that's who we need to beat if we want to be nationally relevant for championships". USC will not become that program again if it stays on its current path.

I guess we should root for Wazzu tonight since it helps us in the P12 South race.

And, frankly, we need USC to be an elite national power for the health of the Pac-12. So seeing them bottom out and massive changes forced is probably what needs to happen instead of them limping along as a good program that's a pretender in terms of competing with the true elites. For CU, I also feel that we need them to be the type of program that we can put a real target on and say "that's who we need to beat if we want to be nationally relevant for championships". USC will not become that program again if it stays on its current path.

I would love it if CU and USC battled for the South every year. Everyone else in the division can go **** themselves.

This narrative always annoys me.

We don’t need USC to be elite to carry the Pac 12. We just need somebody in the PAC 12 to be elite.

Why not have Colorado carry that banner instead?

This narrative always annoys me.

We don’t need USC to be elite to carry the Pac 12. We just need somebody in the PAC 12 to be elite.

Why not have Colorado carry that banner instead?
What kind of ratings is the B1G gonna get if Maryland plays for the championship? Or the ACC if it's Duke? What level of respect will those programs get as champions if the traditional elite powers in their conferences aren't still great? It's the same thing in the Pac-12 but more because USC is the only true elite in the conference. We've got a ton of Top 35 all-time type programs, but only 1 elite.

What kind of ratings is the B1G gonna get if Maryland plays for the championship? Or the ACC if it's Duke? What level of respect will those programs get as champions if the traditional elite powers in their conferences aren't still great? It's the same thing in the Pac-12 but more because USC is the only true elite in the conference. We've got a ton of Top 35 all-time type programs, but only 1 elite.
They are elite because of winning. What if Colorado starts winning at an elite level for a couple of decades with a couple national championships thrown in?
Then Colorado becomes elite. Independent of USC.
Just because it has been that way in the past doesn’t mean it always has to be that way. That just tells me that we shouldn’t and can’t think we can change the status quo. I disagree with that thinking.

Back