What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/22-9/24

@CVilleBuff - rough morning for UVA on College Gameday. Dez picked them to win over C Mighigan with a "why not" statement. Herbie answered that he'll give 2 predictions: 1) Central Michigan and 2) Virginia won't win a game this year. Next, they discussed an over/under for UVA's 2016 win total and set it at 0.5. Then, they talked about how UVA might catch CMU looking ahead to W Michigan today and catch a break. The ****?

:ROFLMAO:

Heading into this season, I would have guessed 4 or so wins. Then came getting their ass kicked by Richmond and losing to a miserable UConn team. Those are the two worst teams on the schedule. Now, outside of Wake, Duke, Central Michigan (and we know they're decent), it's hard to find a win. They very well could go winless. Personally, I think they find a win or two, but it is UGLY in Charlottesville right now. They aren't CU 2011/2012 bad, but they aren't far away. If there's any bright side, the players have definitely bought in. I think Mendenhall can get them to where they need to be...but any hopes of a quick rebuild are long gone. Mendenhall has to be wondering what he's gotten himself into. Why is a Robert Anae offense only able to score 10 points against UConn?

Both of those guys got there quite a bit lol. I wouldn't even have wanted to try and tackle Brown. People are still scared of him now. Richard Pryor talking about him on one of his comedy shows was classic. This would be Brown, "watcha gonna do." ****ing allsome.

I'm probably dating myself ... but I grew up watching NFL (and AFL) football in the early to mid-60's, and I can say without reservation that Jim Brown was the best pro RB in history. And Sanders wasn't far behind ... along with Emmitt Smith.

I'm probably dating myself ... but I grew up watching NFL (and AFL) football in the early to mid-60's, and I can say without reservation that Jim Brown was the best pro RB in history. And Sanders wasn't far behind ... along with Emmitt Smith.

I start with the end of the Dorsett & Franco era and, of course, Walter Payton. Barry Sanders is the best runner I've ever seen. He was so good and unconventional, though, that I think it sometimes was hard to figure out how to build an offense around him. Within standard NFL systems for consistent winning football, the two best I've watched were probably Emmitt and Tomlinson.

That's what I've heard man. He was way before his time.. Payton, TD, and Smith I was always partial to because I grew up watching them. Loved Payton especially, dude was a freaking beast. Brown I've seen clips but not a full game. He was a badass.

That's what I've heard man. He was way before his time.. Payton, TD, and Smith I was always partial to because I grew up watching them. Loved Payton especially, dude was a freaking beast. Brown I've seen clips but not a full game. He was a badass.

Jim Brown's modus operandi was running for a few yards ... then getting up slowly like he was tired or hurt, and appearing to struggle back to the huddle. Then on the next play ripping through the defense for 15 yds or so like it was a stick of warm butter. It was a sight to see.

And he retired at literally the height of his career while he was still healthy. Who knows what kind of stats he might have complied had he played another 2-3 years.

CSU down 14-7 to the Golfers in the 2nd.
Bill-Murray-Caddyshack-Carl-Spackler-In-the-Hole.jpg

Makes me wish they were our B!G opponent this year.

Jim Brown's modus operandi was running for a few yards ... then getting up slowly like he was tired or hurt, and appearing to struggle back to the huddle. Then on the next play ripping through the defense for 15 yds or so like it was a stick of warm butter. It was a sight to see.

And he retired at literally the height of his career while he was still healthy. Who knows what kind of stats he might have complied had he played another 2-3 years.
Yeah no ****, how many backs were that big back then? His oline didn't look much bigger than him.

I'm watching Mich St vs. Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has a backup kicker in. He kicked two FGs as a senior in HS; hasn't kicked one in a game since. He just pushed a PAT wide right.

I'm not sure if listening to Matt Millen or thinking about us trotting out Graham is more stressful.

CSU down 14-7 to the Golfers in the 2nd.

Makes me wish they were our B!G opponent this year.

Lammies just made a good goalline stand to hold Minny to a FG attempt after a turnover ... if they decide to kick it instead of going for it. In a timeout now.

Also, Wisconsin looks good. They can play D and run the ball, frosh QB is a cool cucumber. I'm not sure how they struggled so hard against Georgia State, unless the other QB was that bad.

Barry Sanders is the best runner I've ever seen. He was so good and unconventional, though, that I think it sometimes was hard to figure out how to build an offense around him.

Yeah ... but it didn't help that at the same time the Lions drafted Barry, they also adopted the "run-and-shoot" offense from the U of Houston. Lord only knows what he might have done in his first two seasons or so if he'd had a running oriented O-line.

Even though Barry Sanders, the 1989 Heisman Trophy winner, joined the Lions as a superstar running back, there were doubts he would flourish in this offense with fewer blockers. Those doubts were dashed last season when Sanders, primarily off traps and draws, rushed for an N.F.L. rookie record of 1,470 yards.

Georgia hasn't started 4-0 since 1938

I'm pretty sure you meant 0-4, right? never mind

Georgia really does suck though ... and since if I actually had a favorite $EC team, it would be them ... this doesn't give me that much pleasure. Pretty sure out there in cyberspace someone is making a meme of Mark Richt saying "miss me yet?" ... if they haven't already.

Last edited:
Was expecting better games this morning. These 10am matchups looked good on paper but have sucked. Unless Michigan State starts showing some life, I think I can take a nap.

Watching this Wisconsin game and thinking how rough Michigan looked at times against our defense, I think that the over under should be about 10.5 for next week's Mich/Wisc game.

Wiscy making Sparty their bitch.

CSU hanging in with Minny 24-17 ... 14:00 to go in the 4th.

EDIT: Oh ... and Notre Shame sucks.

Georgia sucks...bad. Sparty is way overrated.

I think Wisconsin doesn't get the cred they deserve because they aren't flashy. The same with Michigan State. This game could be so much closer if not for the two Mich St turnovers in the second half we're looking at something like 23-13.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these two teams beats Ohio State, they both have the Buckeyes at home.

I start with the end of the Dorsett & Franco era and, of course, Walter Payton. Barry Sanders is the best runner I've ever seen. He was so good and unconventional, though, that I think it sometimes was hard to figure out how to build an offense around him. Within standard NFL systems for consistent winning football, the two best I've watched were probably Emmitt and Tomlinson.
I would take OJ over anyone not named Jim Brown.

Back