What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Weekend of October 15-17

Not sure that it matters. Baylor controls their own destiny if they win out. So, yes.

Winning against a previously undefeated TCU looks better on their resume than winning against a 1 loss TCU. I strongly oppose anything that could possibly help or be used in Baylor´s favor.

I want TCU and Baylor (**** baylor) to lose and both lose badly. I want the conference Texas is in to become as irrelevant as is possible. Plus, **** Baylor.

TCU is tolerable and I can take them doing well because I can't imagine how painful that is for the Texas base. So that is good. Still don't want them in though. I would rather they stomp Texas but are still not good enough to get into the playoff.

LSU just hit a 50 yard Hail Mary type play for a TD with :15 left in the half. Great athletic play by the QB to escape the pressure then launch the ball down to the receiver who had lost the DB, caught he ball and ran it in .

How I love to see how players that we make look like Heisman candidates look like **** against better teams.

Wow, just read that Kansas State lost 55-0. I've got to think that the Snyder era is coming to an end.

Imagine how Michigan fans feel?

Tell me about it (UM is my second CFB team :(). While I unfortunately haven't expected a CU win against any conference foe of late, I fully expected Michigan to win that game, while also realizing that it wasn't going to be easy, given the nature of the rivalry. Now that game-ending cluster**** will be part of Michigan lore forever, along with the Miracle in Michigan (which I was there for, and as a true Blue fan at the time and having no connection to CU, I looked exactly like the Michigan fans yesterday with my mouth agape and a WTF look on my face. I feel a lot better about that now for some reason :D).

Now Michigan has a bye week, which I'm not sure is a good thing for them as they get an extra week to dwell on the loss. If I were a player after a loss like that, I think I'd want to get back on the field ASAP and kick somebody's ass. :mad:

Tell me about it (UM is my second CFB team :(). While I unfortunately haven't expected a CU win against any conference foe of late, I fully expected Michigan to win that game, while also realizing that it wasn't going to be easy, given the nature of the rivalry. Now that game-ending cluster**** will be part of Michigan lore forever, along with the Miracle in Michigan (which I was there for, and as a true Blue fan at the time and having no connection to CU, I looked exactly like the Michigan fans yesterday with my mouth agape and a WTF look on my face. I feel a lot better about that now for some reason :D).

Now Michigan has a bye week, which I'm not sure is a good thing for them as they get an extra week to dwell on the loss. If I were a player after a loss like that, I think I'd want to get back on the field ASAP and kick somebody's ass. :mad:

It's time for an "Allbuffs Memoirs" subforum annex at The Island. This would be a final resting place for meandering posts about yesteryear to be captured into posterity.

How an online community treats the treasured memories of our elders defines who we are.

Normally a loss like Michigan suffered could be crippling to a team. Agree about the bye week as well, makes it worse.

If this were last years Michigan team that loss could be a season changer but I think that they now have a coach who is one of the better ones in the game. He will get them past this and maybe use it as a tool to make them better. Get them more focused on attention to detail. It is strange though that two of the most dramatic endings in the history of the game would have the same team as the victim.

Normally a loss like Michigan suffered could be crippling to a team. Agree about the bye week as well, makes it worse.

If this were last years Michigan team that loss could be a season changer but I think that they now have a coach who is one of the better ones in the game. He will get them past this and maybe use it as a tool to make them better. Get them more focused on attention to detail. It is strange though that two of the most dramatic endings in the history of the game would have the same team as the victim.
I'm ok with it.

I'm not so sure of that. We were #7 when we beat them in 94, with them being #4. Let's just say it ****ed up their season. It could go either way really. Harbaugh had a, the neighbor is banging my wife look on his face after this game. Like he was watching through the window, it won't be easy to come back from. We shall see. Bad **** lingers in the mind. He can motivate till he's blue in the face, we'll see when they have some adversity. I mean that took them out of the playoff, huge play. It looked like the the same end zone in the same general area as 94 too, am I right? If so, eerie.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure of that. We were #7 when we beat them in 94, with them being #4. Let's just say it ****ed up their season. It could go either way really. Harbaugh had a, the neighbor is banging my wife look on his face after this game. Like he was watching through the window, it won't be easy to come back from. We shall see. Bad **** lingers in the mind. He can motivate till he's blue in the face, we'll see when they have some adversity. I mean that took them out of the playoff, huge play. It looked like the the same end zone in the same general area as 94 too, am I right? If so, eerie.

It was a huge loss for them, no question.

They honestly weren't looking playoff thought at the start of the season. This was supposed to be a year in which they returned to to being one of the top teams in the conference. A year to leave the disappointments of the prior coaching regime behind.

They are still in position to end up solidly in the top 25 and get a quality bowl invitation. Nobody wants to lose a game like this one and it will impact how they end up but this year can still be a success for them. Harbaugh is a good enough coach to not let this loss ruin the rest of their season.

No ... it was in the north endzone. In 1994 it was in the south one.

And Jim Harbaugh is not Gary Moeller, who we later found out had a serious drinking problem and who got fired in the following the off season for public behavior eerily similar to Sark's last summer.

Plus ... I doubt even the most vehement Michigan fan remotely expected making the CFB playoff before the season. I think most would be happy, after the pitiful status of the program the past several years, with a substantial winning record (say, 9-3 or even 8-4) and a good bowl game.

Yeah, I'm sure the more delusional among the fanbase expectations were raised when they started out 5-1, and if they had beaten MSU they would have had a remote chance to make the playoff ... but that would have meant running the table.

EDIT: Yeah ... what Mtn said :D
EDIT2: And believe me ... losing to MSU for the 7th time in 8 years meant a lot more to UM fans than losing a (slim) chance at the playoff.

Back