What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU demands removal of Dan Beebe as commisoner if they stay

It's all BS. They HAD a forward thinking commisisoner that tried to get all the egos to work together on a TV network and revenue sharing, etc.

His name is Kevin Weiberg.

After he ditched the Big 12 debacle he helped form the Big Ten Network, and by accepting the Assistant Commish job in the Pac-10 shortly after Larry Scott was hired he has been an absolutely integral part of that conferences renaissance and revenue windfals.

Now maybe OU was all aboard for the changes Weiberg tried to make in the Big 12 but were shut down, but I fail to believe Beebe is the sole reason for the Big 12's problems, especially since OU backed him in the first place.

But, in truth, the Big 12 would be better of with Craig Thompson (MWC) as their commish rather than Beebe.

Let's face it, Beebe seems to be a good commish (past tense, here). Once the conference became texas-centric, and the alignment marbles began to move, his true abilities (read, inabilities) were evident. I don't blame anyone in the conference for seeking his removal, and in fact, I applaud the ou president for taking the point. Once Boren made his statement you can be sure there are other school prez's and regents poised and ready to jump in that row boat.

However, the benign conference still has 2 major problems. uTerus will still have to agree to concede something in light of ou's firm stance, and the conference remains (at present) at 9 teams -- 8 if Mizzery jumps. Who do they target in order to keep their tv contract?

OU is so ****ed. the Pac 14 is not an option. They have no exit strategy unless they 1) separate from OSU and 2) lower themselves to the SEC (which is the kind of team they are except in their own minds).

Neither OU nor UT is f**ked. Best guess is that they'll kiss and make up and add a few more teams to the mix and go about their merry way. The Big 12 is safe for now. We may have to go through this drama again in another year, but I suspect that the Pac 12 Presidents are extremely wary of either school at this point. I think it's going to be a while before this comes up again. I'll take some turnover amongst the Pac 12 Presidents.

Neither OU nor UT is f**ked. Best guess is that they'll kiss and make up and add a few more teams to the mix and go about their merry way. The Big 12 is safe for now. We may have to go through this drama again in another year, but I suspect that the Pac 12 Presidents are extremely wary of either school at this point. I think it's going to be a while before this comes up again. I'll take some turnover amongst the Pac 12 Presidents.
Let me correct my statement: OU is ****ed in their attempt to issue ultimatum's to Texass. They are now condemned to follow UT like the dumb goon they are.

OU is so ****ed. the Pac 14 is not an option. They have no exit strategy unless they 1) separate from OSU and 2) lower themselves to the SEC (which is the kind of team they are except in their own minds).

Yup, it's bad for Okie. Kinda feel sorry for them actually. What will their reaction be if they get jobbed on Oct 8 to Texass due to an officiating call and lose their chance at the NCG? Brutal. But that would never happen, right?

Larry Scott put baby in the corner. That's where Texas will stay.

The good thing about Texas is that they are generally meek, mild, and well mannered after being shut down.

When the Pac 12 presidents get tired of constantly agreeing with each other and tripping over ginormous bags of network money, and Larry Scott wants to introduce incessant self-serving drama that dominates every facet of conference business, they know Texas will be silently waiting and hoping for that next phone call.

Personally, I think OU has just upgraded this to a serious pissing contest with UT. They know UT needs them to keep the LHN, and they know if they leave to the Pac 12 then UT has to give up the LHN to follow. Serious guantlet dropping going on.

Finally, a school with some balls. UT is so fooked. :rofl:

:lol:

Talk about what a difference 24 hours can make. Guess the pissing contest turned into more of a dribble down the leg issue.

Not if you read Shaggy. Apparently only Powers and Dodds are negotiating like men with dicks in this deal. Everybody else has backed down from UT's masterful brinksmanship.

BSD=Texas

MU is a natural fit, given their location, next to Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A good get for the $EC with over 2 million TV market in St.Louis and KC.
Plus, MU doesn't have to eat Texas leftovers.

I'm hearing rumors the MU invite was contingent on the Big 12-2-1 Conference blowing up. Mizzou in the SEC makes me laugh more than Texas A&M for some reason.

Chuck Neinas set to replace Beebe per CBS

Dennis Dodd report ex-big 8 commish, personal friend of Mike Bohn, and Dan Hawkins hire helper Chuck Neinas is set to replace Beebe.

Neinas owes us.

Isn't he like 90 years old now? I checked out his bio and he was the assistant executive director for the NCAA in 1961. I don't think you get that title at 25 years old and even if he did, he'd still be 75 now.

Probably coming in a Jack Lengyel role for the Big ...... can't even say it anymore.

Dennis Dodd report ex-big 8 commish, personal friend of Mike Bohn, and Dan Hawkins hire helper Chuck Neinas is set to replace Beebe.

:rofl:

Maybe they should hire Hawk as the commissioner. He'll bring his lunch pail to the conference.

Back