What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU in full damage control, "P12 flirt was all about leverage"

Rumors are spin control. Just read what OU itself actually said about yesterday's events:

**David Boren's press release: "We were not surprised by the Pac 12's decision to not expand at this time even though we had decided not to apply for membership this year, we have developed a positive relationship with the leadership of the conference and we have kept them informed of the progress we've been making to gain agreement from the Big 12 for changes which will make the conference more stable in the future stability has been our first goal and we look forward to achieving that goal through continued membership in the Big 12 Conference."**

He goes out of his way to tout a "positive relationship" with the P12 leadership (i.e. Larry) and says he kept the P12 informed of attempts to make B12 changes. Direct refutation of the rumors in article linked to by OP. OP is 110% correct that article is just spin control. Unlike the OP however, I actually feel a bit sorry for the Okies. They are trapped in a jail cell watched over by a guard that enjoys prison sex. However much of that was directly or indirectly due to their own prior decisions I don't feel the need to pile on. I understand that the Big12 conference's culture is to rape someone after they've tripped over themselves. But rather than laugh at the hapless victim, it seems to me that there is an future opportunity here with someone who already has demonstrated that they want out. Would you prefer that the Pac simply act like others at laugh at hapless victims? Buff fans, you more than anyone should know what I am getting at here.

Good god they have bad PR people. I don't know what's worse? That someone in the dept would report all that in hopes of it making OU look better in the eyes of the general public and other B12 schools.... or that someone in the department is making all that up to make OU look better because the P12 just said no. Either way, it's a retarded move if they ever want to have options should the Big 12 ever have issues again. No the big 12 unstable again could never happen again could it?

Rumors are spin control. Just read what OU itself actually said about yesterday's events:

**David Boren's press release: "We were not surprised by the Pac 12's decision to not expand at this time even though we had decided not to apply for membership this year, we have developed a positive relationship with the leadership of the conference and we have kept them informed of the progress we've been making to gain agreement from the Big 12 for changes which will make the conference more stable in the future stability has been our first goal and we look forward to achieving that goal through continued membership in the Big 12 Conference."**

He goes out of his way to tout a "positive relationship" with the P12 leadership (i.e. Larry) and says he kept the P12 informed of attempts to make B12 changes. Direct refutation of the rumors in article linked to by OP. OP is 110% correct that article is just spin control. Unlike the OP however, I actually feel a bit sorry for the Okies. They are trapped in a jail cell watched over by a guard that enjoys prison sex. However much of that was directly or indirectly due to their own prior decisions I don't feel the need to pile on. I understand that the Big12 conference's culture is to rape someone after they've tripped over themselves. But rather than laugh at the hapless victim, it seems to me that there is an future opportunity here with someone who already has demonstrated that they want out. Would you prefer that the Pac simply act like others at laugh at hapless victims? Buff fans, you more than anyone should know what I am getting at here.

We left for a number of reasons, but getting out of that toxic environment was one of them.

I don't think that our partners in the Pac-12 fully appreciated how the folks in the Big 12 South see doing business within the conference.

The following clip pretty much sums it up:

[video=youtube;_VWNsfNlxj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VWNsfNlxj0[/video]

Back