What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU President Boren on what Boomer's thinking

I guess I don't understand what is in this for OU. If they get an invite from the PAC:12, do you really think they are gonna say nope, not unless you take our little brother over there? At some point they are going to do what is best for them.

Fair point, but I would guess the 2 schools are tied politically. Slade, OKC or someone could speak better to this.

I guess I don't understand what is in this for OU. If they get an invite from the PAC:12, do you really think they are gonna say nope, not unless you take our little brother over there? At some point they are going to do what is best for them.

It is a new era of college football, so this very well could happen. But as Carolina said, they are tied politically.

The interesting thing that I have seen (not really a true polling population) is that those OU fans who may be concerned about OU academics (alum, the school, etc) would like the Pac. Fans who did not go to OU and were just born and bred in Oklahoma want the SEC. I think Boren is sitting on an interesting situation and it will at least be fun as outsiders to see what happens.

I liked the pac 12. and it hasn't even started yet. sigh.

agreed. we need some time to get our **** together facility wise and now all these football factories are coming in our league? **** that. I root for BYU to join the Big 12-3

As I understand it, OU and OSU aren't tied to the degree some schools are. Meaning, OU could go to another conference from OSU as long as OSU didn't have its membership in a BCS conference compromised.

ok with OU/UT joining us. No to OSU and TTU, they bring absolutely nothing to the table.

As I understand it, OU and OSU aren't tied to the degree some schools are. Meaning, OU could go to another conference from OSU as long as OSU didn't have its membership in a BCS conference compromised.

SEC going to take okie state? I doubt it.

The future is 16 team conferences. We should be choosers and not beggars in the end. Embrace the fact the conference is going to expand. We want CU to be a premier school in a premier conference, this is what has to happen for that to be.

To those of you who want us to fall behind and stay a 12 team conference :finger:

The future is 16 team conferences. We should be choosers and not beggars in the end. Embrace the fact the conference is going to expand. We want CU to be a premier school in a premier conference, this is what has to happen for that to be.

To those of you who want us to fall behind and stay a 12 team conference :finger:
:finger:

scene in beebe's office
[video=youtube;iHsx1cvACkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHsx1cvACkY[/video]

Last edited:
Larry Scott is probably two moves ahead of whatever UT and OU are thinking and is at a point where he can be selective. When the 16 team conferences consolidate, the PAC will be one of them. I think there will be competition to join the PAC. I just hope that it's full and Texas goes elsewhere. I don't really like their attitude. OU is being proactive in protecting their interests. I still pity KU, KSU, ISU and Baylor. They likely will be scrambling. Though consolidation is probably inevitable, I'd like to see PAC12 for a few years at least.

If this was coming from anyone other than Chip, I might buy it. My gut tells me this is reactive propaganda to the OU statement today attempting to make UT look like the poor little bystander who is being bullied into a move by OU and A&M. Chip is doing his best to put the white hat on the UT program, and black hats on everybody else involved. I could certainly be wrong, but it is Chip's MO.

I'm beginning to think that the 12-PAC might be thinking about beewhyyou.

Yeah, I realize that their "no Sundays" rule is an obstacle. And yes, I know they've just went indy and claim it's best for them. And yes, I remember bringing up their own network that's more than just about the university. But.....

If the LHN can be absorbed into the 12-PAC network (per reports), then why can't Mormon TV? If the sinking-12 conference can reach out to the cougs, why can't the 12-PAC.

The barriers may be too great, and then again, maybe they're not. It's not too far-fetched to think that beewhyyou might be a player in future 12-PAC expansion.

Yeah, I realize that their "no Sundays" rule is an obstacle. And yes, I know they've just went indy and claim it's best for them. And yes, I remember bringing up their own network that's more than just about the university. But.....

If the LHN can be absorbed into the 12-PAC network (per reports), then why can't Mormon TV? If the sinking-12 conference can reach out to the cougs, why can't the 12-PAC.

The barriers may be too great, and then again, maybe they're not. It's not too far-fetched to think that beewhyyou might be a player in future 12-PAC expansion.
reeeeee-lijjjjjjjj-onnnnnnnn is why no beewhyyou

reeeeee-lijjjjjjjj-onnnnnnnn is why no beewhyyou
4a71f77664d53-160x120.gif
?

Aside from Berkeley & crew never tolerating BYU (and its lack of academic integrity), they lost whatever chance they remotely had when Utah joined the league. Given the markets obsession, they'll look elsewhere as SLC is already Pac-12 territory. It's too bad that there are so many obstacles, as BYU's location, football tradition and strong fan base would have been a perfect fit. I don't consider myself too picky with geography when it comes to conferences, but schools from TX, OK and KS are pushing it geographically (a conference stretching across 3 time zones is a bit ridiculous)

Just in case anybody out there is unaware of my feelings on the subject:

I'd rather have a hot poker shoved in my ear than endure one day of being in the same conference with UT ever again. The Pac 12 needs to do everything it can to avoid that cancerous tumor called the University of Texas. There's absolutely NOTHING they bring to the table that we need. OU, KU - fine. I can live with them. We should not, under any circumstances EVER allow Texas into the Pac. Ever.

Back