What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU vs LSU

77buff

LSU has announced that it will play OU in 2018 and 2019. Well, we had our chance and tucked our tails and ran.

What a fantastic thread. And so logical too, since we obviously have no tough teams on our future OOC schedules.

What a fantastic thread. And so logical too, since we obviously have no tough teams on our future OOC schedules.
No doubt there will be alot more interest on a national level with the CU vs Fresno State game which took the place of LSU.:lol:

I cannot wait for this game. This decade of waiting will be epic. Please tell us more.

No doubt there will be alot more interest on a national level with the CU vs Fresno State game which took the place of LSU.:lol:

You're right, every season the OOC schedule should be made of solely of some combination of USC, LSU, Blowhio State, Florida, Alabama or, if we want a breather, Georgia, Penn State or Notre Dame. If we ever schedule anybody else, it's a pussy move... :rolleyes:

I cannot wait for this game. This decade of waiting will be epic. Please tell us more.

I think we need to start following the players who will be playing in these games as soon as possible. Anybody know where we can find some info on the top 9 & 10 year old prospects in the country??? Valdez?? BCS? Anybody??? :smile2:

Colorado recently agreed to a three-game series with Fresno State, with games to be played in 2011 (Boulder), 2012 (at Fresno), and 2013 (Boulder). The announcement of the three-game series with FSU came as Colorado and LSU postponed their two-game set scheduled for 2011 and 2012.
There was no penalty for CU in exchanging Tigers for Bulldogs, as the LSU home-and-home contract, first announced in 2006, was never signed. Dave Plati, CU associate athletic director for sports information, stressed that the LSU deal was not cancelled, but postponed. Colorado is looking for a new deal for 2020 and 2021, but LSU is only scheduling out as far as 2018. "They are not scheduling out as far as we are," said Plati. "So we’ll probably come back and revisit that at some point."

well, lemme see... my kid should graduate high school around 2023, so he'll probably redshirt his first year at CU. so, i want to see CU at usc in 2025 or so... when he throws for 400 yards and 5 tds in his first start for the black and gold! trojan coach matt leinart is going to be PISSED! but, CU coach joel klatt will be a hero!

w00t!!!

Well, what was said above was why I became a CU fan, they will play anybody anywhere. Thats a CU tradition in my eyes. To say we tucktailed and ran is bullsh*t, something happened.

I think we need to start following the players who will be playing in these games as soon as possible. Anybody know where we can find some info on the top 9 & 10 year old prospects in the country??? Valdez?? BCS? Anybody??? :smile2:

austin anderson plays football with my cousin in Texas he is 8 1/2
may end up a 5* or a very high 4* lets offer him

Really? We're talking about a game set for a decade from now? Think about where OU and LSU were a decade ago. They could be equally irrelevant a decade from now. I'm tired of the ridiculous OOC schedules, in my opinion, this next year is a good mix. What should be three for sure wins and one tough OOC game. Much better than most of our Big 12 foes.

Colorado recently agreed to a three-game series with Fresno State, with games to be played in 2011 (Boulder), 2012 (at Fresno), and 2013 (Boulder). The announcement of the three-game series with FSU came as Colorado and LSU postponed their two-game set scheduled for 2011 and 2012.
There was no penalty for CU in exchanging Tigers for Bulldogs, as the LSU home-and-home contract, first announced in 2006, was never signed. Dave Plati, CU associate athletic director for sports information, stressed that the LSU deal was not cancelled, but postponed. Colorado is looking for a new deal for 2020 and 2021, but LSU is only scheduling out as far as 2018. "They are not scheduling out as far as we are," said Plati. "So we’ll probably come back and revisit that at some point."
CU gets an extra home game - that makes sense.

LSU has announced that it will play OU in 2018 and 2019. Well, we had our chance and tucked our tails and ran.

throw this one in the poll for worst thread of the year.

Dude, LSU and OU might not even be all that by then, or they could be. WTF was the point of your thread?:rolleyes:

Point of the tread was why did we run away from a game with LSU. Answer is we got an extra home game by playing Fresno State. Even playing 2 home games against Fresno, it still won't attract the national attention and money playing LSU would have - oh Dude by the way CU is 1 -5 against LSU for a winning % of 167. We beat OU about once every 10 years so don't worry about their programs in the future - I'd be concerned with ours. And, forget about playing LSU in our lifetimes, we took care of that.

Last edited:
Point of the tread was why did we run away from a game with LSU. Answer is we got an extra home game by playing Fresno State. Even playing 2 home games against Fresno, it still won't attract the national attention and money playing LSU would have - oh Dude by the way CU is 1 -5 against LSU for a winning % of 167. We beat OU about once every 10 years so don't worry about their programs in the future - I'd be concerned with ours. And, forget about playing LSU in our lifetimes, we took care of that.

Be concerned with ours, you're right, so why don't we not schedule such a brutal schedule so we can start winning? Ever think of that? **** damn!:lol:

**** DUDE LET IT GO. i was upset originally, but who gives a flying **** now whats done is done dude let it go

Be concerned with ours, you're right, so why don't we not schedule such a brutal schedule so we can start winning? Ever think of that? **** damn!:lol:
That's OK, but once you do it CU fans lose the right to say we'll play anybody, and you can't criticize KSU and NU for their cupcake, pu$$y non-con schedules. I know for sure alot of CU fans were looking very eagerly to making the trip down to Baton Rouge. LSU is exotic, Fresno State is Kmart. OU sure jumped at the opportunity, for us it's gone forever - at least for the next 20 or so years.

**** DUDE LET IT GO. i was upset originally, but who gives a flying **** now whats done is done dude let it go
Your'e right - it's gone forever. The thought of OU getting it just pissed me off. Ever go to a game with alot OU fans - they are worse than Husker fans - maybe not as stupid, but much more obnoxious.

That's OK, but once you do it CU fans lose the right to say we'll play anybody, and you can't criticize KSU and NU for their cupcake, pu$$y non-con schedules. I know for sure alot of CU fans were looking very eagerly to making the trip down to Baton Rouge. LSU is exotic, Fresno State is Kmart. OU sure jumped at the opportunity, for us it's gone forever - at least for the next 20 or so years.

Fresno st is different than Sam Houston St.

Your'e right - it's gone forever. The thought of OU getting it just pissed me off. Ever go to a game with alot OU fans - they are worse than Husker fans - maybe not as stupid, but much more obnoxious.

I just think it's funny as **** that you are pissed off about a game that will be played when my 3 year old will be a CU cheerleader.:lol:

You are really good at predicting the distant future. Can you give me a heads up on what the Buffs record will be in 2023?

You are really good at predicting the distant future. Can you give me a heads up on what the Buffs record will be in 2023?

Not to mention the fact that Plati says it's not over, LSU just doesn't schedule as far out as we do. Those dates didn't work out - get over it.

If we had gone ahead and signed the contract with LSU, the first game would have been 2011 and the second game 2012 - that's not long at all to wait. I don't give a rat's ass about OU, I'm just pissed they got a marquee game that was offered to us at alot sooner of a date. Sorry for using the word sooner.

Back