What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU WILL come down to earth

I honestly think that this years OU team is different from the ones in 03 and 04. There is a fire in these guys that was not there in those years. I really think that they are the only ones that can stop themselves.

Time will tell on this. They seem pretty set to plow through the Big12 w/o too much trouble. This game against the Buffs may be very revealing. The biggest test they have had up to this point has been the "Canes" who at the time really had some major bugs they were working out. I think last week against the baggies you saw a much different Miami team.

Regardless of this, the schooners as good as they look right now against the competition they have played up to this point, would have problems with either SC or LSU. LSU has a D that could be the most impressive I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of some of the classic D's like ASU's "Desert Storm" or even the schooners in the days of the Selmon boys. SC's D isn't shabby and how do you defense that offense, really? Focus on Booty and the air show and they burn you for 400 on the ground. Plug the ground and get nailed for 400 through the air. I think either of these teams could "stop" the schooners so to speak.

Do I hear the din for a playoff growing again. Let's hope so.

All this talk about how OU is maybe the best team in the country is crazy talk as far as I'm concerned. I'll freely admit that they are a great football team and will more than likely beat the living dog out of the Buffs on Saturday. But have you SEEN LSU and USC lately? :wow:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how LSU stacks up against the defending national champions. That could be a game for the ages.

I'll believe the OU hype when they beat LSU or USC. Not until then.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how LSU stacks up against the defending national champions. That could be a game for the ages.

Yep!

All this talk about how OU is maybe the best team in the country is crazy talk as far as I'm concerned. I'll freely admit that they are a great football team and will more than likely beat the living dog out of the Buffs on Saturday. But have you SEEN LSU and USC lately? :wow:

I'm starting to think Florida just might sneak out of Baton Rouge with a victory next week. Anyway, should be fun to watch.

I'm starting to think Florida just might sneak out of Baton Rouge with a victory next week. Anyway, should be fun to watch.

Its the unstopable force colliding with the immovable object; Can UF's offense be stoped by LSU's defense? That is the $64,000 question. They're playing for the whole enchilada.

:yeahthat:

Fair enough...I will say that we have just as many athletes as both LSU and USC, in 04 the defense was not near what it is now...that's for sure.

OU is the best in class when it comes to B12 football right now. The thing about this team is that they might be on the outside looking in when it comes to a NC this year. But OU is a young team that could be legitimate contenders in 2008 & 2009.

OU has a lot more at stake than CU tomorrow. Expectations are huge with such an appalling spread to cover. An OU loss would derail some big aspirations.

CU, on the otherhand, has nothing to lose. A victory for the underdogs would be HUGE for the program for putting end the long losing streak against top ranked teams. It's nice to have everyone else in the B12 and around the country cheering for CU to play the spoiler.

#4 A recorded version of Boomer Sooner is piped through the OU stadium PA system. What's the OU band for? The CU band doesn't stoop to recordings of our fight song.

In regards to our fight song being played through the loud speaker. We do do it, BUT (Iand this is a big BUT) ONLY when the band is waiting on the sidelines to begin half time. I have seen many a time when a first down or a touchdown has occurred and many band members reach for there instruments. If we could play on the sidelines I'm 99.9% we would. In a way you are correct, I just didnt want you to get get under cut by some sooner fan going to the game and seeing that happen when we are on the sidelines. then coming back on here and calling you a hypocrite.

Fair enough...I will say that we have just as many athletes as both LSU and USC, in 04 the defense was not near what it is now...that's for sure.

I don't think you have the same kind of athletes that USC has. Nobody does. Those bastards fill each recruiting class with 5* players. You may compare athletically with LSU, but not USC. Seriously, nobody does.

In regards to our fight song being played through the loud speaker. We do do it, BUT (Iand this is a big BUT) ONLY when the band is waiting on the sidelines to begin half time. I have seen many a time when a first down or a touchdown has occurred and many band members reach for there instruments. If we could play on the sidelines I'm 99.9% we would. In a way you are correct, I just didnt want you to get get under cut by some sooner fan going to the game and seeing that happen when we are on the sidelines. then coming back on here and calling you a hypocrite.

Well we have the fact that our fight song doesn't suck going for us.

OK, for all of the folks who were in Norman in 89, do you remember singing (to the tune of "boomer sooner") "Loser loser, loser loser, loser loser, loser loser... "

Fair enough...I will say that we have just as many athletes as both LSU and USC,

i don't know about that. i think both have more raw talent than the sooners. with regard to usc, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

i think lsu is certainly vulnerable, partly because of the schedule they play and so is florida. i think ou has a very good chance of playing for the nc this year--- they are definitely the best team CU has faced since the national championship/vince young whorns.

OK, for all of the folks who were in Norman in 89, do you remember singing (to the tune of "boomer sooner") "Loser loser, loser loser, loser loser, loser loser... "

Or in '94 in Folsom, "Rashaan Salaaaaaaam ... Rashaan Salaaaaaam ... " :smile2:

We're defiantly a team that no one wants to play, if we can pass block like we did against FSU and run block like we did against MiamiO, we can hang with anyone. Hopefully the randomness of freshman will swing in our favor too.

We're defiantly a team that no one wants to play, if we can pass block like we did against FSU and run block like we did against MiamiO, we can hang with anyone. Hopefully the randomness of freshman will swing in our favor too.

I would hope that would be true, but I don't think the Sooners are shaking in their cleats coming into Boulder.

Well it's less that we're intimidating, but we have an incredibly young offense giving us a certain randomness that isn't something opposing teams want to play with. Rightfully, I don't think OU should be scared of anyone the way they're playing, but there's always games every team is a little more wary of.

Last edited:

If our offense does anything.

Back