What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our chances in conference play

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Based on the performance of the Pac 12 so far, do you think our chances of winning more than a couple of conference games has improved?

Oops. Can a mod remove "Based" from the title, por favor? Never mind. We can now edit titles! Yippee ki yo ki yay!

From the looks of it, several teams are having major issues defending the run. If we can keep running the way we have we definitely have a shot.

I'm worried about our qb situation, though. Sefo seems very hesitant with his reads. Our defense looks very good.

Zona, Stanford, ASU and Utah have flaws.
Wazzou and Oregon State will probably match up well against CU.

I'm not sure I like the Oregon, USC and UCLA match ups.

Obviously all depends on how CU continues to improve in the next few weeks. However, Oregon State and Wazzu look every bit as awful as everyone thought they'd be, and I haven't been impressed with a Scooby Wright-less Arizona squad. The other Pac 12 teams have essentially been who we all thought they were, so it would still be an upset to beat any of them.

Not really. Sefo does not inspire much confidence and our pass defense is not good.

If we keep running the ball like this we've got a chance. This is CU. We are always better when we have a strong running game. And as teams load up to stop the run, the passing game will start rolling again. I'm expecting the passing game to be much better than last year. Not in terms of yards and such, but in terms of effective plays and less turnovers.

All we need now is:
1) The kids to bring passion and fire every Saturday. No breaks.
2) Lindgren to commit to the run game. I still think he prefers to pass, so I'd like to see him prove me wrong and commit to the run in the games to come.

we'll get a better indicator of where we are this next game, of course. the sheep look pretty good to me. they gave a b10 team all it could handle.

it is so nice to enjoy a blowout win. it has been ages. i'm going to try to focus on week to week and hope at the end, it was a good season. easier said than done.

We have to get better pressure on the QB. Our secondary is not the strength I thought it was prior to the season.

We were very vulnerable in the secondary yesterday. I fear we will suffer a lot in conference play.

We have to get better pressure on the QB. Our secondary is not the strength I thought it was prior to the season.
They go hand in hand. I still think the Secondary is the strength of the defense, but without a consistent pass rush, they are getting exposed at times. They seem to have faith in Crawley enough to leave him on an island much of the time, and he seems to still be having an awareness issue of not turning around to find the ball.

Not really. Sefo does not inspire much confidence and our pass defense is not good.
Have you seen some other teams play? Specifically OSU and WSU? There are quite a few teams in he conference that have been less than impressive.

we'll get a better indicator of where we are this next game, of course. the sheep look pretty good to me. they gave a b10 team all it could handle.

it is so nice to enjoy a blowout win. it has been ages. i'm going to try to focus on week to week and hope at the end, it was a good season. easier said than done.
They looked decent on defense but they are awful on offense and have no QB. Higgins will be back, but there's no way he's anywhere near 100%. Minnesota is decent on D, but terrible on offense. I didn't see anything that would label that a impressive performance.

At this point you have to think WSU and OSU have to be games that they will have to find ways to win. After that, we will need to see more from this team in the next 2-3 games.

As a point of reference, we lost to Hawaii.
At Hawaii, and then we recovered and beat a team by 34.

OSU has no offense. They had a hell of a time scoring against Weber State and couldn't outside of their first drive against Michigan, who isn't a good team.

WSU was 31 point favorites and lost to a FCS team, and needed Rtugers to have 7 starters suspended to beat them.

Stanford got gashed by the run against Northwestern. Arizona is less than impressive without Wright on D. Utah is already down a QB and I'm not sure Booker can stand up to a whole season of getting the ball handed to him.

The point is I don't think the schedule is nearly as daunting now two weeks in as it was before the season.

We might be able to pick on their secondary some. Minnesota's qb was missing guys all over the place. On D, we need to find #25, he can make plays. Higgins, that goes without saying.

I have been encouraged by the less than stellar performances from many of our conference brethren. What looked like no-hopers with Stanford and ASU now look like remote possibilities. UCLA and Oregon are still very much in the no-hoper category.

At Hawaii, and then we recovered and beat a team by 34.

OSU has no offense. They had a hell of a time scoring against Weber State and couldn't outside of their first drive against Michigan, who isn't a good team.

WSU was 31 point favorites and lost to a FCS team, and needed Rtugers to have 7 starters suspended to beat them.

Stanford got gashed by the run against Northwestern. Arizona is less than impressive without Wright on D. Utah is already down a QB and I'm not sure Booker can stand up to a whole season of getting the ball handed to him.

The point is I don't think the schedule is nearly as daunting now two weeks in as it was before the season.
My point was that in your analysis, only the Buffs improve and grow, while our future opponents only stagnate.

Specifically on the road. Expecting this team to win multiple road games seems like a stretch.

This. Seems like the chances for turnovers and boneheaded play in general go way up on the road.

I'm not sure I'm any more confident than before the season started. We basically did what we were expected to do yesterday and laid an egg at a bad Hawaii team.

There was a lot to like about the performance yesterday, but hard to tell how that translates against a decent team. Hopefully the team has some confidence now, but this has been a Jekyll and Hyde start you the season. Which team shows up next week?

Based on the performance of the Pac 12 so far, do you think our chances of winning more than a couple of conference games has improved?

More than a couple?

Too soon to tell. CU has to improve pass pro and QB play to have a shot at 3 or more Pac-12 wins. The other South teams still have the same talent level as before.

Next week will may be the litmus test of the year. Will CU be the team we've been promised by the coaching staff and local media all spring and summer or the team in Hawaii? The UMass win was the first game in 8 years that the Buffs won a game big when they were supposed to win big so maybe this team really has turned a corner.

Hopefully next week this time we will be more confident in answering "yes".

Back