What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our DB depth next year scares me

Yep. He's just a RS-Freshman, but I'm sure there are internet scum ready to call him a bust. :smile2:
My brother coaches down in Texas and scouted him. He said he was pretty good and was fast as hell. Lord knows we need speed.

I hope we see Hicks on the field more next year. Does anyone know if he has the cover skills to be in on the nickle/dime packages?

You are missing my point. His last two classes he undersigned on the scholarships needed to get us to the 85 limit. I am not talking about getting 25 in a class but I am talking about signing enough to keep the team close to the 85 limit. He has not done that.

Last year he could of signed 23 to get us to 85. Instead he signed 19 and 3 of those did not get in so he was 7 under the 85 limit. Then further attrition cut deeper. Most teams would sign enough to get to 86 or 87 knowing they will get attrition before fall camp. Hawkins is not managing the numbers well.

Yes, however, with our APR it looks like we are going to get deducted 5 scholarships. Maybe Hawk was accounting for this.

You are missing my point. His last two classes he undersigned on the scholarships needed to get us to the 85 limit. I am not talking about getting 25 in a class but I am talking about signing enough to keep the team close to the 85 limit. He has not done that.

Last year he could of signed 23 to get us to 85. Instead he signed 19 and 3 of those did not get in so he was 7 under the 85 limit. Then further attrition cut deeper. Most teams would sign enough to get to 86 or 87 knowing they will get attrition before fall camp. Hawkins is not managing the numbers well.

Exactly. If you have to greyshirt a guy or two, it is not the end of the world. And it's far better than being short all the time.

Hawkins is definitely over-thinking his management of the recruiting numbers. I remember when he first got here, he was all pissed because of recruiting gaps. He said they had too many people graduating in certain positions every year, and that was hurting them. I can only speculate, but I think this is probably the reason he under-signs. He doesn't want to be stuck in a position where he's losing 20 guys in one year. I'm not defending it, just saying this is a likely reason for his approach.

Hawkins is definitely over-thinking his management of the recruiting numbers. I remember when he first got here, he was all pissed because of recruiting gaps. He said they had too many people graduating in certain positions every year, and that was hurting them. I can only speculate, but I think this is probably the reason he under-signs. He doesn't want to be stuck in a position where he's losing 20 guys in one year. I'm not defending it, just saying this is a likely reason for his approach.

It wouldn't hurt as much to lose 20 guys in one year if you have 85 on scholarship. I'm just saying...

Problem: Losing a lot of players to graduation.
Solution: Recruit fewer players.

Fantastic.

I'm kind of excited to see what kind of player Orms turns out to be. I know he isn't big, but he's just a football player.

Back