What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our player's twitter feeds.

Should palyers feeds stay on the front page?

• Yes. Keep them.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • No, replace them with officials, coaches, and beat writers

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • I like polls.

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
Here's the thing, I think... When people think of following twitter feeds of celebrities, athletes, etc., they tend to think of a PR tool, where people are using it to keep in contact with fans, followers, etc. That's what we thought when we put them up on the front page. But these guys are pretty obviously using it to talk back and forth with friends, teammates and family. They aren't tweeting **** they intend to share with the world, they're tweeting **** for their friends and family. They should understand that the rest of us can track it, but they aren't looking at it that way. And from what I've seen of it, I really don't see any reason to be following them, for the most part. Following them on the football field is one thing. Tracking their personal life is something a whole lot creepier...

ya dat. wanna c da games, not hang wit da homies!

Makes no difference to me. I usually just go straight to the forum pages from my bookmarks and don't see the front page. Usually takes a post in here for me to know someone said something about inviting an excited girl.

bad grammar is a part of twitter... you have 140 characters... and as for the other crap... its twitter... it doesnt matter and its not like its university of colorado sponsored... people may be stupid... they aint that stupid

Do you not remember "the scandal" and all those people who called in to talk shows pumping Logan as the next CU coach?

Most of you guys missed the whole point here and just want to argue about anything.

Good bye, please cancel my account on here, I think I am done.

I guess it doesn't bother me because I don't think anything should be censored and you should be able to say what you feel, I understand your point though with the over sensitive media.

I think twitter and some of the stuff on it is ****ing stupid bull**** and it's like a community of TMZ wanna-bees. **** TWITTER. There, I said what I feel.

Most of you guys missed the whole point here and just want to argue about anything.

Good bye, please cancel my account on here, I think I am done.

LSAT+Blog+How+Cancel+Your+Score.jpg

I have also been embarrassed - for lack of a better word - for some players who put TMI in their tweets.

But on the other hand, we've learned things when they happen quickly and players tweet about them. Remember when DH was hospitalized for kidney stone (I think that was it) and there was a flurry of activity?

And Ryan Miller's confirmation of his status through twitter has been good to know.

I can skip PRich's lovelife (and imagine every week, he'll realize what is private and what is public info someday), but some of the messages -- Beatty comes to mind -- have been worth reading. If it wasn't on the front page of AB, I'd not read it. I'm not that interested in following anyone, but I don't mind skimming the highlights where posted.

Might as well leave it up, I'd wager that JE and EB might discourage it fairly soon, so we could be reading the last of it now.

Does anybody know what to make of Mobley's tweet this morning??

big_gumba4 so theres 2 changes in my college football status- Harold Mobley :Tight End #44 is now Harold Mobley : Quarterback # 4.....hmu for the deets

Does anybody know what to make of Mobley's tweet this morning??

Dang, no. Good catch.

But he DID play QB in high school:

[FONT=Cambria, serif]He earned PrepStar All-Region honors and Rivals.com rates him as the No. 41 athlete in the country while ESPN ranks him the No. 64 wide receiver and Scout.com the No. 64 tight end. He saw action at quarterback, tight end, wide receiver, defensive end, linebacker, punter and long snapper in his three years at Roosevelt High School, the last two of which he served as a team captain under coach Bill Stacy. [/FONT]

Cubuffs profile has all his HS quarterback stats...

[FONT=Cambria, serif]He switched to quarterback for the last four games of the season and in those games, he completed 38-of-59 passes for 877 yards and eight touchdowns with two interceptions. Roosevelt went 8-3 on the season and he was 3-1 as the starting quarterback.[/FONT]

Ah... I thought it meant "Help Me Understand."

This is why I don't twitter. Besides that DBT has the market cornered.

I thought maybe it meant "hit my update", like he explained more on Facebook or something....

This is why us old guys don't belong on Twitter, AJ... :lol:

harold mobley a qb? this is getting strange....

They need something besides one senior and one freshman this spring ... but unexpected.

More on HMU:
In text lingo, "HMU" stands for "Hit Me Up". It means "phone, text, or email me".
Can also mean "High Maintenance Unit" or "Hair and Make Up."

Maybe we're going to have a special "Wild Buff" set that Mobley could come in for.

That would make a lot of sense, actually.

You know, Junction made a perfect connection to why I don't mind the twitters being there. How would we have any idea what was going on with Mobley if not for the twitter?

and as a bonus, we sort of learned what HMU means. Good stuff.

You know, Junction made a perfect connection to why I don't mind the twitters being there. How would we have any idea what was going on with Mobley if not for the twitter?

and as a bonus, we sort of learned what HMU means. Good stuff.

Funny, since I've kind of been in favor of taking them down. But if they would twit more **** like this, we should definitely keep them up there...

if you guys do decide to go all Luddite, please at least put the feed in barzil or something :smile2:

Back