What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our role in this whole thing....

And do you think you're helping?? Honest question. I'd say the answer is a very obvious no. I truley believe this board is HURTING in recruiting, not helping. That says nothing of Dan Hawkins being a joke, I get that everyone here believes that. These posts help nothing.

The CU program is so bad now that the discussion went beyond message boards and into newspapers. Two major Denver Post writers called for Hawkin's firing; the Post carried a few key days of the actual
"Fired Or Not" story at its apex. The team went 3-9 with most games locally televised, warts and all.

Neither Allbuffs, Netbuffs, nor Rivals were needed to cause these de-commits, not to mention the latest coaching desertion....

The situation is actually worse than you think.:cry::cry::sad2::sad2:

Bottom line is this. Losing program and lack of support at high levels of CU are losing kids a hell of a lot more than message board comments. Athletic players take on challenges they do not run away due to negative board chat as much as they leave due to poor coaching and lack of institutional support.

If not for the fans and supporters of CU football this program would be gone years ago. wise kids know there is a lot of love for the players at CU by the fans , now does the same apply for the decision makers at CU?

And do you think you're helping?? Honest question. I'd say the answer is a very obvious no. I truley believe this board is HURTING in recruiting, not helping. That says nothing of Dan Hawkins being a joke, I get that everyone here believes that. These posts help nothing.

BS what is hurting recruiting is the fact that Hawk will not do what he needs to do to turn this thing around. His BSU friendships mean too much to him. Riddle and Collins should both be fired immediately but I would bet a months pay that will not happen. 16-33 and 3-9 and no road wins in over two years as well as a lame duck coach is what hurts recruiting not a post on this board IMO.

I'm sure Hawk does want to win next year, probably more than we do. If I had more confidence in the administration I'd say his job may depend on winning and winning a lot next year. If behind closed doors he has been given any kind of an ultimatum for next year he will certainly be desperate to win.

So let's play it your way for a minute Buff Fanatic. Most on this board aren't happy with the program's direction and have been vocal about it.

Should that negative voice just disappear on this site?? If so where should it go?? In letters and E-mails to regents and school administrators?? It sounds like it has and we saw how much good that did.

Powder Blue outs?? Saw the impact that had too.

In fact the voice that has been acknowledged as the biggest thorn in the side of Hawk and the administration has been forums like these

So if not here, where?? Nowhere? We don't to express our disapproval. Only fluff and joy on Allbuffs where the team is concerned. Maybe Al Gore shouldn't have created the internet because it has allowed fans to vent their disapproval with the Buffs, which is in turn read by potential recruits and their families and is causing them to look at other schools making a heavy contribution to the complete destruction of the football program at CU. Add Al Gore to the list of those responsible for the football programs woes.

In your Walgreens world only the people who have positive things to say about the Buffs should be posting on the internet. The rest of us should just keep our mouths shut. That sure makes sense.

If nothing negative is ever said about this mess it could certainly be assumed that either nothing was wrong with the way the Buffs played this season or that no one really cared. I can't speak for anyone else's motive but I do care - that's why I'm mad and that's why I speak.

And if a recruit reads this post at least he'll know that if he takes scholarship money from CU that this fan cares enough about the team to get upset when they are playing badly. Upset like the players should be, upset like the coaches should be, upset like the administration should be (if they care about the football program). Upset.......like a fan should be.

The guys who have decommitted are local guys. I don't think internet forums have anything to do with it, but local media (and their own eyes) sure as hell do.

Last edited:
The guys who have decommitted are local guys. I don't think internet forums have anything to do with it, but local media sure as hell does.

And friends/acquaintances in the community who are talking about how down they are on CU football.

If you're not local, CU's not in the news and you're probably thinking: tough past couple seasons and the coaching situation looks unstable... but it's Big 12 football, great campus, great education, great tradition, played in a few Big 12 Championship games this decade (won one) and I could compete for early playing time. We won't pull in very many top prospects until we fix won/loss record and coaching situation, though, as we are seeing. And I really doubt that internet message boards are what is hurting our current class.

And friends/acquaintances in the community who are talking about how down they are on CU football.

If you're not local, CU's not in the news and you're probably thinking: tough past couple seasons and the coaching situation looks unstable... but it's Big 12 football, great campus, great education, great tradition, played in a few Big 12 Championship games this decade (won one) and I could compete for early playing time. We won't pull in very many top prospects until we fix won/loss record and coaching situation, though, as we are seeing. And I really doubt that internet message boards are what is hurting our current class.

Exactly.

I read netbuffs (thats all there was) during the recruiting process for my kid and there was plenty of negative, had no impact on me or my kid. All I cared about is what were the fans saying about my kid. Good thing the fans didn't know anything about him other than he stiffed CSU which was a good thing. I didn't give a **** what you assholes said about him all through his career at CU. Most of you have no clue what it takes to strap on pads and play the game anyway. All I ever got from the sites was a predisposed hate for sweater boy. Parents and players take you dumb****s with a grain of salt. **** most of you are drunk or stoned when you post anyway.

If a recruit is dumb enough to base his college decision on an internet forum, any program dumb enough to offer them should enjoy what they get.

I don't think what recruits might read on allbuffs will really alter their decision in any way. I mean what do they expect it to look like? We 3-9 last year with losses to the likes of CSU and Toledo. Mister Jones expressed his dislike for one of Hawk's pregame or halftime speeches, can't remember which. I just don't think it really carries that much weight. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Mister was sitting in a hotel room in College Station and thought well I love CU, let's see what the fans are saying. Oh no, they're not pleased with Hawk and want him fired if he doesn't win next year. I better verbal to A&M.

As for calling the recruits out and demeaning them, that's another story.

I'm not ignoring, sorry. I didnt know your post neccesarily justified a response from me. Very good post though, and legit concern. I dont know what Dan Hawkins thinking is regarding assistant coach's. Really dont. I can tell you he wants CU to win next year worse than we do. If he doenst make staff changes, its because he believes that is whats for the best in the long run. As fans, we ALWAYS want change when somethings wrong. Thats the easy answer, but, Im not sure its always the right one. We'll see. (pun intended) Our bowl plans are riding on the success of these assistants. Hawk's career is.

Question, what has our special teams coach done that tells you it might not be the best answer to find a better coach? The problem with this program under hawk is, he and some of the players lay blame to the fans while not taking any blame for themselves. Like I said a few days ago, the players under Mac, Barnett and even slick must be laughing at how paranoid, sensitive and soft it has become at cu.

The assistants have been here 4 years, you should be able to make a analysis after this long wether it is the right move to change. Nothing has worked so far but the fans should keep being patient with every losing season?

Why should this stand at CU but nowhere else?

I can say for a fact that recruits, parents and current players do read this site. I dont know any recruits or their parents, but, I can tell you that if CU wouldve recruited me, or anyone else with a message board for that matter :lol:, Id have been all over it.

I do know [some] recruits, players and their parents. Some read forums - this and other ones -, some don't. Some are barely internet-literate and a few use both the forums and recruiting services in a very sophisticated manner to assist in their sons' recruitment.

What I think is it's exceedingly selfish for posters to attack the program repeatedly and then roll their eyes in innocence that anyone who gets their information from a message board is "stupid."

Of course a recruit isn't going to base his decision on a single message board post or insult, but he can get an overall picture of the university and its fan support reading here and there. And ours is dismal, to say the least. And the call to withhold donations, attendance, etc. --- that can't be something a recruit wants to hear.

Anyway, nice post Buff Fanatic. You sunshine pumper, you. :thumbsup:
If there was a line in the sand, I'd be standing on your side.

I'd rep you , but ymssra

I do know [some] recruits, players and their parents. Some read forums - this and other ones -, some don't. Some are barely internet-literate and a few use both the forums and recruiting services in a very sophisticated manner to assist in their sons' recruitment.

What I think is it's exceedingly selfish for posters to attack the program repeatedly and then roll their eyes in innocence that anyone who gets their information from a message board is "stupid."

Of course a recruit isn't going to base his decision on a single message board post or insult, but he can get an overall picture of the university and its fan support reading here and there. And ours is dismal, to say the least. And the call to withhold donations, attendance, etc. --- that can't be something a recruit wants to hear.

Anyway, nice post Buff Fanatic. You sunshine pumper, you. :thumbsup:
If there was a line in the sand, I'd be standing on your side.

I'd rep you , but ymssra

Oh please. This is tame compared to what's going on at websites that cover A&M, Michigan and Tennessee. We're all a bunch of DBT's compared to them. I shudder to think what the chatter on the Alabama boards was like when Shula was coaching there.

Oh please. This is tame compared to what's going on at websites that cover A&M, Michigan and Tennessee. We're all a bunch of DBT's compared to them. I shudder to think what the chatter on the Alabama boards was like when Shula was coaching there.
Concur....It is pathetic that we have not been able to force Benson and Destuffadoosh into the situation that we are not going to take this BS any longer...the boosters are not powerful enough...unlike Auburn, Nebraska, Louisville, Notre Dame....shall I continue? A pathetic situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I didn't say we are any better or worse than other sites.

Alferd, when are you going to learn that during this offseason it does not matter what you actually said. If you are saying anything that is remotely positive (or tries to steer people away from the negative), they will simply change the argument on you if you make a valid point.

Alas, this is a slippery slope down which you can never win. You can argue and argue, make excellent point after excellent point, look like you're making great headway... but they can and will hit you with the trump card: 16-33, 3-9. And once they throw that trump card, it's over, you've lost, you have no choice but to shut up. The real life relationship argument equivalent would be your wife or girlfriend having the "You ****ed my sister in the ass while I was pregnant" trump card. :smile2:

Alferd, when are you going to learn that during this offseason it does not matter what you actually said. If you are saying anything that is remotely positive (or tries to steer people away from the negative), they will simply change the argument on you if you make a valid point.

Alas, this is a slippery slope down which you can never win. You can argue and argue, make excellent point after excellent point, look like you're making great headway... but they can and will hit you with the trump card: 16-33, 3-9. And once they throw that trump card, it's over, you've lost, you have no choice but to shut up. The real life relationship argument equivalent would be your wife or girlfriend having the "You ****ed my sister in the ass while I was pregnant" trump card. :smile2:

Dan hawkins: He's like the girlfriend/wife that holds the "you ****ed my sister in the ass while I was pregnant" card, except for the part about you actually banging the sister in the ass...

Hawk doesn't seem to like many of the CU fans, and he'll have to really COACH next year for there to be any chance at a record above .500. Our recruiting this year has been awful, and next year with a poor record and a new coach, it will likely suffer again. So two lousy recruiting years, and Hawk will be able to stick it to the fans again on his departure, with another program with gaps to fill and much to be desired. Hawk wins, at screwing the supporters of the program. In his eyes, it is not his fault. Anyone have an over/under on how many seasons it will take us to be over .500 in Big XII play?

And ours is dismal, to say the least.

If you were talking about our coaches, administration, record, or recruiting class I would agree because it is the combination of those four being dismal that has turned our board into the negative place it currently is. This place clearly doesn't have an affect on the other four, otherwise we would be in a very different situation.

No personal disrespect intended for you guys on the positive side but you really don't leave the rest with many options.

Shame on us if we have anything that resembles a negative slant in our attitudes.

We can't speak out - God forbid, recruits might hear and recognize we are not really loyal fans
We can't wear powder blue - No, no, that's disrespectful
We can't close our checkbooks - that's self defeating

Nope not many options left. Only one there seems to be is - "Don't worry, this thing will fix itself." "In the meantime we will all just think positive thoughts." "The football program and its rulers know just what they are doing, deserve our full support and confidence and are above reproach and criticism and beyond contestation."

I just don't think I can make this journey you demand of "real, true black and gold" fans. Sorry :sad1:

While I spoke out about "dump pumpers" in a previous thread, I was referencing cursing a recruit for not coming here (seriously, grow some balls). I realize now, with this administration, my (yet to be) children will say, "wait, CU won the MNC in 1990?" "wait, CU won the Big 12 once?" ****, my fiance says that now. And, when we first met (a year ago or so) asked if Colorado was a Division One program. Man, this **** is absolutely KILLING me.

There are boards like this for every program in the country and every single one of them would be just as negative as this one if their team was in our situation.

I will always love University of Colorado football. I'll attend every home game, no matter what. I don't like the current direction of the program under Dan Hawkins. I hope he proves me wrong.

Actually the administration is to blame. They could have had a press conference at any point in time to tell the world that Dan Hawkins is the coach and will be coach for the Buffs until his contract runs out. Instead they said noting until there was a rumor and negative press landslide. They had a press conference at the last possible second. They have no idea what the pulse of the community or of what college football is.

Actually the administration is to blame. They could have had a press conference at any point in time to tell the world that Dan Hawkins is the coach and will be coach for the Buffs until his contract runs out. Instead they said noting until there was a rumor and negative press landslide. They had a press conference at the last possible second. They have no idea what the pulse of the community or of what college football is.

They could have done that, but in doing so would have created a maelstrom of backlash the likes of which have probably not been seen here, well, ever. They still could come out and say he'll be here until his contract expires. Would you be OK with that? I sure wouldn't. As it stands right now, there's a ton of people (maybe not a ton, it's just folks I know) that are witholding their annual contributions. To announce that juicebox is safe for ANOTHER THREE YEARS would be tantamount to departmental suicide. They may as well shut down the entire athletic department.

They could have done that, but in doing so would have created a maelstrom of backlash the likes of which have probably not been seen here, well, ever. They still could come out and say he'll be here until his contract expires. Would you be OK with that? I sure wouldn't. As it stands right now, there's a ton of people (maybe not a ton, it's just folks I know) that are witholding their annual contributions. To announce that juicebox is safe for ANOTHER THREE YEARS would be tantamount to departmental suicide. They may as well shut down the entire athletic department.

Its the Indecisiveness of the administration that is costing us. Either Hawk is your man or he is not. The administration was trying to play both side of the fence and got burned. It has cost us Jones and Spond in my opinion. We are now competing with Washington State for recruits.

At the end of the day, what really will get you recruits is winning, not the other peripheral stuff.

You can occasionally sell your program in some other specific circumstances; we did with our 2008 recruiting class. The circumstance was that we had a great new coach who was going to turn the program around and do miraculous things and that you can come to CU and be a part of returning the football program to national prominence and, if everything goes well, even have a shot to play in a NC.

That hasn't happened. It can't be sold to recruits like that anymore. They see a program getting worse, not better, with a coach who doesn't really appear to know what he's doing.

The only way to get recruiting turned around is to either

A) Win. A lot. I don't mean 5 or 6 wins. I mean 8 or 9 or more for a couple of years or 10+ in one year.

B) Bring in a prominent new coach with some name recognition and hope to pull another 2008 out of your hat.

Which of these is a more realistic route at this point?

To recruit good players, you must win. To win, you need good players.

It's a cycle. If you aren't in that cycle already, the only to get in is to bring in a new coach.

Back